Windows 10: Will memory increase make noticeable difference?

Discus and support Will memory increase make noticeable difference? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm thinking about upgrading from 4GB to 8GB on my Dell Vostro desktop machine with an I-3 processor, running Windows 10. I run pretty generic stuff,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mmshipon, May 6, 2016.

1. mmshipon Win User

Will memory increase make noticeable difference?

I'm thinking about upgrading from 4GB to 8GB on my Dell Vostro desktop machine with an I-3 processor, running Windows 10. I run pretty generic stuff, but use Kodi for streaming video. This may be a dumb question, but do you think it would make much of a difference in performance?

:)

mmshipon, May 6, 2016

2. NOKIA LUMIA 820 NOT ENOUGH MEMORY ! REALLY NOKIA ?

I bought this phone yesterday.. and if i try to do anything on this phone the phone memory keeps increasing. I have noticed when I download songs from Nokia music store the phone memory increases, I have already set the phone to store music and videos in
    SD card, when I spoke to nokia care they informed to there is a .tam file which gets downloaded along with the song and that saves in phone memory.

Thats not it. when I sync music from the laptop it increases the SD card + the phone memory.

Also I have noticed that as much as i use the phone the phone memory keeps increasing and if you check the phone storage in settings the folder (whatever you call it ) OTHER kepps filling up. I have no idea how to clean that up

Any suggession will be helpful..

Thanks in advance

w4rlock---01, May 6, 2016
  3. Kat M.M Win User
    More Dedicated Video Ram

I bought a Lenovo i5 7200U Laptop

and i have 12gb RAM

but only 128mb VRAM

how do i increase it to 2gb VRAM

i also noticed that it says

if you run dxdiag

under display

approx.Total Memory 6gb

display memory 128mb

Shared memory 6 gb

what does approx.tatal memory mean

and shared memory mean

Kat M.M, May 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Will memory increase make noticeable difference? - Similar Threads - memory increase noticeable

2. Increase memory usage in Win-11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase memory usage in Win-11?: Hi, I have a NEW install of Win-11-ProI have a computer with 8-core Xeon CPU an 64gb RAM, 2tb SSDI want to get the most out of my computer I see that Win-11 is only using 8gb of RAMIs there any way to increase the amount of RAM Win-11 uses so that I can get Faster performance...
  3. to increase shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to increase shared gpu memory: I really want your help in this question rapidly laptop : dell inspiron 15 3576 win 10 pro cpu : i7-8550u ram : 8 gb 2nd gpu : amd radeon 520 my problem is that I am playing a gme requiring high...
  4. Increase Memory Usasge After update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increase Memory Usasge After update: Prior to the windows KB4524244 update my memory usage was right around 7% - Running at 32gb memory I am now using idle 12% memory without Firefox, Chrome, or internet explorer running. I find it a bit annoying that my machine with 32GB Ram/memory is operating at idle as if it...
  5. Increasing Intergrated Graphics Memory Size

Increasing Intergrated Graphics Memory Size: So I've recently got Assassin's Syndicated but since I have a low end computer, it looks, well, you get the idea. In the setting I saw it says 1869/128mb of memory used so I thought maybe increasing the actual memory for the graphics card would fix, the only *working*...
  6. Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone else notice TeamViewer getting increasingly flakier?: I've been using TeamViewer (TV) since v4. At the time I convinced my IT management to license it for us to use against more than 6,000 corporate desktops. Fast forward to now... many, many years on and I'm now retired. I've still been using TeamViewer with just family and...
  7. How to increase Dadicated Video Memory

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to increase Dadicated Video Memory: Hi My laptop Total Available Graphics Memory is 4158, but dedicated Video Memory is 128 Please help me to increase Dedicated Video Memory. Windows 10 pro Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.90Ghz Installed Memory Ram: 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)...
  8. Refreshing Windows 10 Desktop making Memory (RAM) Increase

Refreshing Windows 10 Desktop making Memory (RAM) Increase: Hi, Everytime I hit F5 or Right Click Refresh Desktop my Windows Explorer (File Explorer, explorer.exe) causing Ram Memory Increase I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 everything is up to date, I have no virus and I also created a new fresh account to test it out...
  9. Increase Graphics memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase Graphics memory: Hi guys.. My laptop have an Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics processor. I have 2GB ram and i am planning to upgrade it to 8GB as my laptop supports upto 8GB( 4GB*2). Now I have only 64MB dedicated graphics memory and around 700 MB shared memory. I wish to know if I can...
  10. Memory leak (usage gradually increases)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak (usage gradually increases): Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have noticed something. The memory usage gradually increases over time (starts off just under 30%, takes only a few days to climb to 50%, depending on how many programs I use) and I inevitably have to reboot, after which the whole cycle...