Windows 10: Will microsoft also provide a product key for windows 10?

Discus and support Will microsoft also provide a product key for windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm worried that I may have to reinstall after the 1 year period and have to pay. 6605 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Will microsoft also provide a product key for windows 10?

I'm worried that I may have to reinstall after the 1 year period and have to pay.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jun 1, 2015

2. Will I get a Product Key for Windows 10 after I upgrade

That's a question I'm interrested as well. The thing with the store is one, but what if I change parts of my desktop (like the mainboard and there for stuff like the CPU and memory as well) if Windows is based on PC/hardware ids rather than a serial number
    it means every time I change mayor parts i need to buy a new license?

--UnnamedUser--, Jun 1, 2015
  3. Will I get a Product Key for Windows 10 after I upgrade

If I get the free upgrade to windows 10, do I get a product key for if I need to reload windows? Or do I have to load windows using the 8.1 product key that came with the PC, then reload windows 10 from there?

Ryan McKim, Jun 1, 2015
  4. dougout Win User

Will microsoft also provide a product key for windows 10?

I updated one of my Windows 7 pc's to Windows 8 when it first came out and I did receive a product key. Being a desktop user I soon regretted the upgrade but the 8.1 version was a significant improvement.

It should be the same this go around. Without the ability to reinstall the software if it becomes necessary very few of us would want to take the upgrade.

dougout, Jun 1, 2015
  5. I just reserved my own FREE copy of Windows 10, to be delivered by auto-download around the end of July.
    MS says that the downloaded version of W-10 will be good forever. There's never been any mention of any cost, fees, or anything like that.

But before I ever let that upgrade install, I'm going to have a cloned copy of my Windows 8.1 install. Then if something goes south with the Windows 10, I can restore my 8.1 and go on as if nothing ever happened.

Cheers mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jun 1, 2015
  6. Same here. Gonna make an exact clone of my C: before I do the upgrade. Not sure how much I trust MS with giving away stuff for free. *Think

bobsagetfullhou, Jun 1, 2015
  7. linw Win User
    So, you are going to get Win 10 free then once you are going with that, they are going to shaft you, and a billion others? That sounds like a good policy.

Maybe if you have such distrust of MS you should not use windows at all?

linw, Jun 1, 2015
  8. Charlie Win User

Hey guys when I go back to 7 pro after trading in my key for a 10 upgrade why am I wondering is my old key going to activate my 7 install? *Eek

Charlie, Jun 1, 2015
  9. rmonroe36 Win User
    Yes, this makes a lot of sense especially with the recent prices of SSD's. If data is managed efficiently, there is no reason why most of us cannot clone with 120 gig SSD's. I cloned my Win8.1.1 when the first build of Win10 arrived. I also have images of that drive.

Rich

rmonroe36, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will microsoft also provide a product key for windows 10? - Similar Threads - microsoft provide product

2. Please provide me window product key i forget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please provide me window product key i forget: Dear Please provide me provide product key because i have lost my pk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-provide-me-window-product-key-i-forget/86676870-6b75-434a-8e6a-3b339307f2f0
  3. Please provide me window product key i forget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please provide me window product key i forget: Dear Please provide me provide product key because i have lost my pk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-provide-me-window-product-key-i-forget/86676870-6b75-434a-8e6a-3b339307f2f0
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 Product Key is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows 10 Product Key is not working: Hello,how to fix the following issue: "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc0000022"?This message also appears on the Activation window in the Settings:With kind regards,DerkaotTV...
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 Product Key is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows 10 Product Key is not working: Hello,how to fix the following issue: "The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc0000022"?This message also appears on the Activation window in the Settings:With kind regards,DerkaotTV...
  6. please provide me with my product key number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    please provide me with my product key number: I am seeking your assistance to resolve my Windows 10 activation issue bearing in mind that I am not able to find my product key number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-provide-me-with-my-product-key-number/16f70aa3-fdad-476a-9525-2547c450ee78
  7. Can't Activate my Windows 10 account w/ product key provided

Can't Activate my Windows 10 account w/ product key provided: First, the situation is a bit confusing, but I will try to be as clear as possible. I originally purchased my Desktop, and it came with Windows 8.1 however it was just prior to Windows 10 release. Before the Windows 10 release came, I was going back to school, so I ended...
  8. Microsoft windows product key

Microsoft windows product key: Can i use the windows 10 home version for any kind of use like i want to do freelancing?will it be legal or i have to buy windows pro? I mean like Microsoft provides office for personal use and other version for business use. Will it be the case for windows?? Kindly guide me...
  9. Microsoft 10 Product Key

Microsoft 10 Product Key: What do I do if windows 10 is already here in my laptop before I bought it? I don't have the product key. How do I activate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-10-product-key/e2eeb6e5-1b2a-4c85-8372-dc360ade28d4"
  10. Will windows 10 update provide a product key for clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will windows 10 update provide a product key for clean install?: Hi Guys A few questions.... Could someone please clarify, Will windows 10 update provide a product key for clean install? If so how/where? If not when performing a clean install, will skipping the product key prompt, then activating once desktop appears automatically...