Windows 10: Will monthly update install for machines?

Discus and support Will monthly update install for machines? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Will monthly update install for machines yet to install the Win 10 anniversary update? 60150 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jtjt00, Aug 13, 2016.

1. jtjt00 Win User

Will monthly update install for machines?

Will monthly update install for machines yet to install the Win 10 anniversary update?

:)

jtjt00, Aug 13, 2016

2. Cumulative Update in Windows 10

i am still not able to install my monthly updates

undampraveenkumar, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Windows Updates Query

Hi All,

I have a query regarding Microsoft Windows Security Patches issued on monthly basis. Currently two types of 3 types of updates are issued by Microsoft on monthly basis i.e. Security Only Quality,Security Monthly Quality Rollup and Preview of Quality rollup.
    I need to know which of these are Critical/Security or Recommended/Optional? If i updated on monthly basis Regularly then which ones I must push to client machines to avoid any issue? Currently i install Security Only and Security Monthly Quality Rollup on
    regualar basis.

Thank you for the time.

Regards,

Hassan

Hassan Nasir, Aug 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if I understand the question, you have Win 10 machines which have not yet been offered the AU upgrade.

If you wish, you can apply this manually:
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    - then mount the iso or burn it to DVD or create a bootable USB drive with Rufus (free)
    or
    Use the Microsoft media creation tool to force the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today | Windows Central
    - which can create a bootable USB device if you wish

Having a bootable medium available has several advantages:
    - you have some basic recovery options when using it to boot
    - you can use it for an in-place upgrade repair install if required, assuming it matches the installed OS
    - you can update multiple machines without downloading 3Gb or so per machine

And before you upgrade, if you haven't already, create a full disk image or set of images.
    e.g. Macrium Reflect (free).
    Things can sometimes go wrong.

dalchina, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Will monthly update install for machines? - Similar Threads - monthly update install

2. Cannot update machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update machine: I'm trying to update my laptop so it doesn't die on me, but even if I download these updates separately online and try to install them manually, they still fail. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I cannot find anything on either of these errors! Any help would be...
  3. UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES

UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES: [ATTACH] I AM GETTING THIS ERROR FOR WHILE I CHECK FOR UPDATES. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-get-monthly-updates/b434133d-d53a-4971-8398-c6ecee72a994
  4. Adobe Flash monthly update

Adobe Flash monthly update: Why has there been no windows 10 monthly automatic update to adobe flash since the June update even though adobe has released updates in both July and August. Does that mean that Windows 10 hides an out of date version that can be compromised?...
  5. windows 10 monthly update

windows 10 monthly update: july 2019 cumulative unable to process windows undoes the updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-monthly-update/7f7b93ad-c514-4597-acaa-19827eb24f63
  6. How to install Pending Windows Updates, some pending for months?

How to install Pending Windows Updates, some pending for months?: Have an HP 64-bit laptop, running Windows 10 Home, 12gb memory, 2t hard drive. I have four Windows Updates in the Pending Install status and a couple of them have been waiting for a couple of months. How do I get them to install? There is no Install button that I can...
  7. Windows 10 Monthly Updates

Windows 10 Monthly Updates: Hello, I ran Windows 10 Update (2019-05)yesterday via Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update. As has happened in the last few monthly updates, I got to the stage of downloading/installing the 'Cumulative Updates' when the download stopped and I got a message to the...
  8. Months worth of updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Months worth of updates?: I just received a lenovo laptop from a friend, they stopped using the laptop about three years ago. It was running really slow and I realized it was 39 months behind on windows updates. I got it to 37 months and it runs much better but it took hours to update it to each one....
  9. KB3163018 won't install - been a month

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3163018 won't install - been a month: It's been over a month (I think) since the update came out and ever since it came out I've not been able to install the update. I've tried using the troubleshooter where it claims to have fixed a problem with Windows Update but it still fails to install. I have also tried to...
  10. Switching Installations to a New Machine

Switching Installations to a New Machine: I have Win 10 installed on my current Dell mid-tower - I downloaded the Win 10 installer and retrieved the installer activation "key." But I just purchased a newer Dell tower with no OS. I want to wipe the drive and install Win 10 fresh, using this same key. I have no use...