Windows 10: Will monthly update install for machines?

Discus and support Will monthly update install for machines? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Will monthly update install for machines yet to install the Win 10 anniversary update? 60150 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jtjt00, Aug 13, 2016.

1. jtjt00 Win User

Will monthly update install for machines?

Will monthly update install for machines yet to install the Win 10 anniversary update?

:)

jtjt00, Aug 13, 2016

2. Cumulative Update in Windows 10

i am still not able to install my monthly updates

undampraveenkumar, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Windows Updates Query

Hi All,

I have a query regarding Microsoft Windows Security Patches issued on monthly basis. Currently two types of 3 types of updates are issued by Microsoft on monthly basis i.e. Security Only Quality,Security Monthly Quality Rollup and Preview of Quality rollup.
    I need to know which of these are Critical/Security or Recommended/Optional? If i updated on monthly basis Regularly then which ones I must push to client machines to avoid any issue? Currently i install Security Only and Security Monthly Quality Rollup on
    regualar basis.

Thank you for the time.

Regards,

Hassan

Hassan Nasir, Aug 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if I understand the question, you have Win 10 machines which have not yet been offered the AU upgrade.

If you wish, you can apply this manually:
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    - then mount the iso or burn it to DVD or create a bootable USB drive with Rufus (free)
    or
    Use the Microsoft media creation tool to force the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today | Windows Central
    - which can create a bootable USB device if you wish

Having a bootable medium available has several advantages:
    - you have some basic recovery options when using it to boot
    - you can use it for an in-place upgrade repair install if required, assuming it matches the installed OS
    - you can update multiple machines without downloading 3Gb or so per machine

And before you upgrade, if you haven't already, create a full disk image or set of images.
    e.g. Macrium Reflect (free).
    Things can sometimes go wrong.

dalchina, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Will monthly update install for machines? - Similar Threads - monthly update install

2. If a cumulative update is installed but machine not rebooted, would the machine still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If a cumulative update is installed but machine not rebooted, would the machine still...: Hi teamTaking the example of the following vuln:Microsoft CVE-2023-29324: Windows MSHTML Platform Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability Solution: 2023-05 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 for x64-based Systems KB5026362 The KB is installed on the server via SCCM, but...
  3. If a cumulative update is installed but machine not rebooted, would the machine still...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If a cumulative update is installed but machine not rebooted, would the machine still...: Hi teamTaking the example of the following vuln:Microsoft CVE-2023-29324: Windows MSHTML Platform Security Feature Bypass Vulnerability Solution: 2023-05 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019 for x64-based Systems KB5026362 The KB is installed on the server via SCCM, but...
  4. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  5. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  6. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 Update 20H2 not installing for months

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update 20H2 not installing for months: This update hasn't gone through on my computer for months now, sometimes it will reset in the night and i get error "0x800f0845". It's starting to drive me a bit mad. I've tried using the windows 10 update assistant before with no help, all my drivers are up to date and...
  8. Update Driver installation stuck and slows machine

Update Driver installation stuck and slows machine: Hi, 1. Here getting an issue with update the drivers where it is always getting stuck in between the installation process and slows down my laptop. Please help me on this. 2. Is there is any solution that, I can get the notification about the updates before installation and...
  9. Unable to install Cumulative update on machine

Unable to install Cumulative update on machine: Split from this thread. Error trying to install..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-cumulative-update-on-machine/82e89886-f524-4bf4-8b56-a11165ed447e
  10. recently installed months upon months worth of updates into my PC, and now it turns on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    recently installed months upon months worth of updates into my PC, and now it turns on...: title says it all. When I set my (desktop) PC to sleep, it turns on automatically after a certain time which is always in the middle of the night, so it never fails to wake me up. It does go back to sleeping by itself eventually, only to turn back on during the next 10...