Windows 10: Will my activation key work on another PC?

Discus and support Will my activation key work on another PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey, So, if i install Windows 10 on a flash drive from my PC and then install it on another. Can I use my activation key to activate Windows again?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BicycleRow, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Will my activation key work on another PC?

Hey,

So, if i install Windows 10 on a flash drive from my PC and then install it on another. Can I use my activation key to activate Windows again?

:)

BicycleRow, Nov 26, 2016

2. Will activation key from other vendor work on windows 10 download?

If you use a genuine OEM System Builder product key for Windows 10 Pro, yes, it will activate.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

Will my activation key work on another PC? [​IMG]

Andre Da Costa, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Robert__S Win User
    Will activation key from other vendor work on windows 10 download?

I downloaded Win10 pro from the MS website and now I wish to activate it. I have noticed that activation keys purchased on the MS website are considerably more expensive than windows 10 purchased from legitimate local retailers. I am using a barebones
    machine that I assembled myself, so I can legitimately use an OEM licence.

Can I use the licence key from a local retailer on my currently-installed copy? I have installed a lot of software on my machine already and don't wish to do a clean reinstall.

If not - is there some way that I can "refresh" my own installation without needing to do a complete reinstallation?

Robert__S, Nov 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Will my activation key work on another PC?

Installing more than one copy of Windows with one license violates the EULA and is pirating.

This tutorial contains information about moving your license/activation from one computer to another:
    Activation Troubleshooter - Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

But the first install must be removed from the first computer after the second computer is activated from the same license.

NavyLCDR, Nov 26, 2016
  5. Ah, okay then. Guess I won't do it.

BicycleRow, Nov 26, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    And Activation will be an issue, as mentioned the Product Key can be used only on one machine. If an OEM/Brand machine the Key is tied only to that machine. If it's a Custom machine [or custom install] with the Retail version of Windows it can be Moved to a Replacement machine, but again only one at a time.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Will my activation key work on another PC?

1. Will my activation key work on another PC? - Similar Threads - activation key another

2. Windows 10 Product Key Activation on another Motherboard or new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key Activation on another Motherboard or new pc: I want to save myself a bit of money when buying a new pc by saving £100+ and get the windows key from the Pc im using now and putting into the new pc?...
  3. My windows activation key is not working.

My windows activation key is not working.: So i bought this windows 10 key and when i tried to activate it it didn't work, it said it was the wrong code or something like that. I bought an english version of windows and i am using Windows Home N, does that maybe have something to do with it?...
  4. my activation key.

my activation key.: How can I find my activation key for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-activation-key/fd85c2cf-ec89-49f5-a813-dbca77df4411"
  5. Activation Key Not Working

Activation Key Not Working: https://i.gyazo.com/beb6883771f73d04c314419a2aebfb0a.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key-not-working/eceffec9-8fbb-4d08-86a6-982ebccfc76b"
  6. Windows Activation Key not Working

Windows Activation Key not Working: So i bought a new PC. I deactivated my old Windows key. I Installed windows and everything, and then they asked for the key. No problem, i just typed in that key and it was ok for 2 days. After that my PC started to have that watermark "activate windows" etc. Now i cant...
  7. activation key will not work

activation key will not work: bought new windows 10 and it will not accept the activation key provided. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key-will-not-work/147fe2bc-d047-4eb5-8ee2-51fd3d36b7cf"
  8. Product key not working for Activation

Product key not working for Activation: After the latest update I received notification that Windows 10 was not activated. When I entered my Product key I get an error code 0x0000022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-not-working-for-activation/712a4f58-1d95-44c4-af6f-e92e46c8f39c"
  9. Activating Windows on Another Device with Digital Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows on Another Device with Digital Key: Will I be able to activate windows on a new pc that I am building if my windows on my laptop was activated with a digital key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-on-another-device-with-digital/40c472ff-8afa-46e0-b715-b4593d46324d
  10. Using Upgraded Windows Key With Another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Upgraded Windows Key With Another PC: My pc came with a Windows 8.1 disk and later I upgraded it to Windows 10. If I remove windows installation from my current pc can I use same key for activating Windows 10 on a new computer?...