Windows 10: Will my activation key work on another PC?

Discus and support Will my activation key work on another PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey, So, if i install Windows 10 on a flash drive from my PC and then install it on another. Can I use my activation key to activate Windows again?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BicycleRow, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Will my activation key work on another PC?

Hey,

So, if i install Windows 10 on a flash drive from my PC and then install it on another. Can I use my activation key to activate Windows again?

:)

BicycleRow, Nov 26, 2016

2. Will activation key from other vendor work on windows 10 download?

If you use a genuine OEM System Builder product key for Windows 10 Pro, yes, it will activate.

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

Will my activation key work on another PC? [​IMG]

Andre Da Costa, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Robert__S Win User
    Will activation key from other vendor work on windows 10 download?

I downloaded Win10 pro from the MS website and now I wish to activate it. I have noticed that activation keys purchased on the MS website are considerably more expensive than windows 10 purchased from legitimate local retailers. I am using a barebones
    machine that I assembled myself, so I can legitimately use an OEM licence.

Can I use the licence key from a local retailer on my currently-installed copy? I have installed a lot of software on my machine already and don't wish to do a clean reinstall.

If not - is there some way that I can "refresh" my own installation without needing to do a complete reinstallation?

Robert__S, Nov 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Will my activation key work on another PC?

Installing more than one copy of Windows with one license violates the EULA and is pirating.

This tutorial contains information about moving your license/activation from one computer to another:
    Activation Troubleshooter - Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

But the first install must be removed from the first computer after the second computer is activated from the same license.

NavyLCDR, Nov 26, 2016
  5. Ah, okay then. Guess I won't do it.

BicycleRow, Nov 26, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    And Activation will be an issue, as mentioned the Product Key can be used only on one machine. If an OEM/Brand machine the Key is tied only to that machine. If it's a Custom machine [or custom install] with the Retail version of Windows it can be Moved to a Replacement machine, but again only one at a time.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Will my activation key work on another PC?

1. Will my activation key work on another PC? - Similar Threads - activation key another

2. New PC, Windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC, Windows activation key not working: I built a new PC, and used the Win 10 upgraded from Win 8 boot disc in the new machine. I entered the activation key and it got rejected, and referred me to a non existent "Troubleshooting" link in the dialog box. Here is proof of purchase of the Win 8 DVD from Amazon from...
  3. New PC, Windows activation key not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New PC, Windows activation key not working: I built a new PC, and used the Win 10 upgraded from Win 8 boot disc in the new machine. I entered the activation key and it got rejected, and referred me to a non existent "Troubleshooting" link in the dialog box. Here is proof of purchase of the Win 8 DVD from Amazon from...
  4. THE KEY TO ACTIVATE MY PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THE KEY TO ACTIVATE MY PC: I NEED THE KEY TO MY PC FOR ACTIVATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-key-to-activate-my-pc/c1b076ff-67a1-4d12-b97c-688d051e82e4
  5. THE KEY TO ACTIVATE MY PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    THE KEY TO ACTIVATE MY PC: I NEED THE KEY TO MY PC FOR ACTIVATION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-key-to-activate-my-pc/c1b076ff-67a1-4d12-b97c-688d051e82e4
  6. Activating Windows With A Key From Another PC

Activating Windows With A Key From Another PC: Hello,I was wondering , is it possible to deactivate windows on my laptop ive had it for some time now and activate Windows on my current new pc. Ive been told that you can't transfer activated windows that you got for free, but does this still apply for a laptop that I...
  7. Windows activation on another pc

Windows activation on another pc: How do i know if i can activate my windows on another computer, after deactivating it on my current one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-on-another-pc/69c49736-ebec-499f-a858-b98c79b3ed6a
  8. Activate windows on another pc

Activate windows on another pc: As my laptop is a bit slower, I considered to use a linux distribution. Windows 10 is not activated on my pc, can I use my laptop's activation code on my pc? My laptop had windows 10 activated when I bought it. Please guide me on how do I do it....
  9. activation key for my pc

activation key for my pc: activation key for my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-key-for-my-pc/3b7ccdbf-3d2f-4bb4-96f9-917299e678fa
  10. Activation of Windows 10 for Another PC without product key

Activation of Windows 10 for Another PC without product key: Im planning to build a pc and plan on using Windows 10, the downloadable one. But I heard it works for one month before asking for product key for activation. Im planning to download from a laptop onto a flashdrive and boot the pc from usb. Is there anything I can do about...