Windows 10: Will my Key work for Windows 10 when I'll install a 64 bit version?

Discus and support Will my Key work for Windows 10 when I'll install a 64 bit version? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using Windows 7 "32 bit" (64 bit capable), Microsoft had just confirmed that after upgrade to Windows 10, users can do clean install windows any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chandrashekhar, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Will my Key work for Windows 10 when I'll install a 64 bit version?

I am using Windows 7 "32 bit" (64 bit capable), Microsoft had just confirmed that after upgrade to Windows 10, users can do clean install windows any time, so when I'm on Windows 10 32 bit (after upgrade) can I do a clean install using a iso and use the same key to validate(activate) Windows 10 64 bit? (can I install Windows 10 64 bit, as same as I install and upgrade to Windows 10 32bit? from my 32 bit Windows 7)

:)

Chandrashekhar, Jun 3, 2015

2. Will my Key work for Windows 10 when I'll install a 64 bit version?

thanks for the answer, but that I already know. What I'm asking is can I install Windows 10 64 bit, as same as I install and upgrade to Windows 10 32bit? with proper validation

Chandrashekhar_162, Jun 3, 2015
  3. Will my Key work for Windows 10 when I'll install a 64 bit version?

I am using Windows 7 "32 bit" (64 bit capable), Microsoft had just confirmed that after upgrade to Windows 10, users can do clean install windows any time, so when I'm on Windows 10 32 bit (after upgrade) can I do a clean install using a iso and use the
    same key to validate Windows 10 64 bit?

Chandrashekhar_162, Jun 3, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Will my Key work for Windows 10 when I'll install a 64 bit version?

Nobody is sure YET, how MS will provide activation.. But the Keys are usually the same for x86 and x64, so swapping the arch should not be an issue..

Kyhi, Jun 3, 2015
  5. Probably ... with one caveat. You'll have to upgrade to 32 bit first, then you can get an ISO.
    Previous versions of Windows alllowed you to get either 32 bit or 64 bit ISOs - I don't think that's going to change in Win10.

MS has to figure it out first, then explain it. They have the first part - yes you can get an ISO ... the next parts
    how to get a different bit depth
    where to get the different bit depth ISO

Members had stated that the Windows Upgrade anytime is / will be supported in Win10 .... I can't locate it in Control Panel or Settings. Maybe it's on the Win10 app .... lots of questions, plenty of time for real answers. Until then it's a guessing game *Wink

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Will my Key work for Windows 10 when I'll install a 64 bit version?

1. Will my Key work for Windows 10 when I'll install a 64 bit version? - Similar Threads - Key I'll install

2. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  3. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.: So, for some reason, I can't install the 64-bit version of windows 10. My pc meets the requirements hp compaq 6005 sff with ram upgraded to 4gb and storage upgraded to 500gb, I know, ancient and there is no problem with the USB stick I'm using. When I try to install it, it...
  4. Can't install 64-bit version of windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problems when installing Windows 10 64-bit

Problems when installing Windows 10 64-bit: My PC died, so I went back to my old PC which was Windows 7 32-bit and updated today to Windows 10 32-bit, then I wanted to update it to 64-bit. I downloaded the Media Tool and got 64-bit on my USB, its boots fine and but after loading files I get the Windows Logo and...
  6. Key for installing Windows 10 Home 64-bit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Key for installing Windows 10 Home 64-bit?: I am trying to create a dual-boot system with my iMac. I need Windows in order to be employed part-time (for peanuts) because it is remote work and their platform requires Windows. I am not sure if I will even get the job. I am not sure I will like it if I get it. Is there a...
  7. 64 bit version Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    64 bit version Windows 10: How do I find out whether I am running 64 bit OS Windows 10 in my new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-version-windows-10/f7b648cb-3d95-455e-aea5-16153988b220
  8. windows 10 64 bit version

windows 10 64 bit version: since the latest updates as from 07 01 2020 the keyboards and mouse are frozen or stuck until I hit the windows key or others. have deleted one update and now held them off for a few days. it also sticks when typing...
  9. Alt keys not working in Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt keys not working in Windows 10 64 bit: Hi, I am unable to switch between different apps using Alt+Tab or close any application using Alt+F4 on my PC. The problem I identified is that the "Alt" keys are not working. After doing research on Google found many solutions like uninstalling / updating keyboard drivers,...
  10. Windows 10 64-bit version installing on a new Laptop?

Windows 10 64-bit version installing on a new Laptop?: Hi, I am considering to buy myself a new Dell Latitude series laptop and I want to clean install Win10 on it. I want to install the 64-bit version of Win10 but how can I make sure or know if that new laptop (or ANY laptop) on the market will have a x64 based processor in...