Windows 10: Will my Win 10 install now still be licensed after r revert to W7

Discus and support Will my Win 10 install now still be licensed after r revert to W7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A long while back, when Win 10 first was released and the GWX nagware was prevalent, I was running Win 7 Pro 64 and I decided to try the new Win 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pete barnes, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Will my Win 10 install now still be licensed after r revert to W7

A long while back, when Win 10 first was released and the GWX nagware was prevalent, I was running
    Win 7 Pro 64 and I decided to try the new Win 10 to see how I liked it. So I got the free upgrade version
    to Win 10 Pro and installed it on my PC and ran it for several days. As I recall, due to some incompatibility
    issues, I had to remove Win 10 after I could not resolve the problems, and I reverted back to my Win 7 Pro 64 version.

Now here is my question: I want to try Win 10 again. Do I have to purchase the upgrade even though I had
    the free version before? Or will my earlier install still enable my upgrade this time to register and activate at no charge?
    Will I be able to use the digital license and/or key generated at that earlier time, or am I out of luck, presuming Windows
    still remembers my previous Win 10 install? I am still doing this on the same machine as before.

If I still get it for free, how should I install it, do I need the Media (or whatever) tool? Or can I just directly download it and install it?
    I would like to save it to a DVD as an iso file, though, I may want to do that instead of directly from the download. Will I still
    be able to revert to my Win 7 as before if I so desire?

Thanks for whatever you can tell me about this.

Pete B

:)

pete barnes, Jun 17, 2018

2. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    • A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    • KB976932 Service Pack 1
    • Driver install files
    • KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    • KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

Will my Win 10 install now still be licensed after r revert to W7 [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Jun 18, 2018
  3. WEKJR Win User
    Dual Booting Win 10 and Win 7

So the suggestion is to install the November commercial release of Win 10 Pro to the Win 7 drive and then revert back to Win 7 at the completion of the install?

WEKJR, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Smitty01 Win User

Will my Win 10 install now still be licensed after r revert to W7

Reverting to 7

Win 10 has been installed on my computer. Exactly how can I revert back to Win 7? Step by step, please.

Smitty01, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

Will my Win 10 install now still be licensed after r revert to W7

1. Will my Win 10 install now still be licensed after r revert to W7 - Similar Threads - install still licensed

2. Revert from win 11 MAK license back to OEM license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert from win 11 MAK license back to OEM license.: Hi,Recently I bought legion 5, which came with win 11 home single language version, and later my friend gave me MAK license of win 11 pro. I did activate the MAK license, but when I asked around the internet, I found that it is illegal to own MAK license if it is not provided...
  3. Reverting and License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting and License: I plan to revert from Windows 11 to Windows 10, since it doesn't really work out for menot really sure how i'll revert yet.My question is, if i revert to Windows 10 will my license expire or get removed.How do things work?...
  4. Reverting and License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting and License: I plan to revert from Windows 11 to Windows 10, since it doesn't really work out for menot really sure how i'll revert yet.My question is, if i revert to Windows 10 will my license expire or get removed.How do things work?...
  5. Update w7 to w10. License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update w7 to w10. License: Hi,i would like to know if it is possible to upgrade w7 to w10 and keep using the original license of w7.Br https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-w7-to-w10-license/dc89ae46-d3cc-44ea-8175-ce3a37f806aa
  6. Update w7 to w10. License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update w7 to w10. License: Hi,i would like to know if it is possible to upgrade w7 to w10 and keep using the original license of w7.Br https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-w7-to-w10-license/dc89ae46-d3cc-44ea-8175-ce3a37f806aa
  7. Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is my OEM Win 10 Pro license still valid after a complete reformat?: Currently I can't even open the Settings menu and Onedrive backup doesn't sync properly, so I decided to just reinstall everything. My product key will still be valid for the new install too?...
  8. Why did my W10 upgrade revert back to W7 during installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my W10 upgrade revert back to W7 during installation?: I was just upgrading my Dell Vostro 460 desktop from W7 Pro to W10 Home and towards the end of the process I see that it is removing all updates and it reboots back to W7 Pro. I was not watching the monitor as I knew it would take a while so that was quite a surprise. This is...
  9. Why did my W10 upgrade revert back to W7 during installation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why did my W10 upgrade revert back to W7 during installation?: I was just upgrading my Dell Vostro 460 desktop from W7 Pro to W10 Home and towards the end of the process I see that it is removing all updates and it reboots back to W7 Pro. I was not watching the monitor as I knew it would take a while so that was quite a surprise. This is...
  10. Revert to factory condition after installation of WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Revert to factory condition after installation of WIN 10: Is it possible to still revert a PC to the original factory condition using the factory restore partition after Windows 10 has been installed or does the installation of WIN 10 prevent that? None of the other options to do a restore back to the original WIN 7 (as purchased...