Windows 10: Will my Win10 still be "legitimate" after replacing boot drive?

Discus and support Will my Win10 still be "legitimate" after replacing boot drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am considering replacing my SATA SSD boot drive with one of the new PCI SSD devices. To do this I'd simply do a Macrium Restore from a backup to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bbinnard, Mar 6, 2017.

1. bbinnard Win User

Will my Win10 still be "legitimate" after replacing boot drive?

I am considering replacing my SATA SSD boot drive with one of the new PCI SSD devices. To do this I'd simply do a Macrium Restore from a backup to the new boot drive. But is this enough of a hardware change to invalidate my Win10 validation with MS?

If I'm going to have to spend 2 hours on the phone with them I need to make specific plans for that.

:)

bbinnard, Mar 6, 2017

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Mar 6, 2017
  3. " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

Hi, my friend.

try to write shorter.

you can do this:

uninstall NSU,nokia pc suite and any relative drivers.

install the latest version of nokia software updater and pc suite.

connect your phone with compatible usb in general mode profile.

with medium pc requirements and fast speed internet connection,between 20~30 min,you should refresh your phone with new fw.

niusha---01, Mar 6, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Replacing the drive will have no affect on your Windows license or activation.

NavyLCDR, Mar 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Will my Win10 still be "legitimate" after replacing boot drive? - Similar Threads - Win10 still legitimate

2. No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive: After 8 months, West Digital Hard Drive on my refurbished Dell Optiplex 390 gave out. I have bought an exact replacement an replaced it. Computer will not reboot. "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine". I don't have a rebootable CD so I don't know if that...
  3. No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive: After 8 months, West Digital Hard Drive on my refurbished Dell Optiplex 390 gave out. I have bought an exact replacement an replaced it. Computer will not reboot. "No Boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine". I don't have a rebootable CD so I don't know if that...
  4. No Boot Device after Replacing Broken Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. after reinstall win10,still BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after reinstall win10,still BSOD: DESKTOP-0P4AVPU-(2021-07-02_22-32-37).zip - Google Drive after reinstall the win10,There is also BSOD thanks a lot windows ver:20H2(19042.1052) 182032
  6. Storage Spaces Disappears After Replacing Boot Drive

Storage Spaces Disappears After Replacing Boot Drive: My Win 10 Pro system has eight physical disks: one boot drive, one CD-ROM, and six HDDs in a Storage Spaces array. Everything works fine. The boot drive was getting full, so I replaced it with another drive with twice the capacity. Both drives are SSDs, and I "cloned" the...
  7. Boot drive replacement.

Boot drive replacement.: What is the procedure to replace upgrade my Windows 10 system disk C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-drive-replacement/4cea9e95-dfdd-4008-9e08-6c4e489df178
  8. Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?: I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer expired about four years ago, the new install of Windows 10 was activated using a digital licence supplied by MS. I see there...
  9. Replacing Win10 on new hard drive after original failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing Win10 on new hard drive after original failed: First timer so please be gentle. My hard drive failed on my Asus desktop and had to be replaced. This whole thing made me aware of how little I prepared for such a situation. I had a recovery usb but it was from the date of purchase (2012/13) so I created a new one using my...
  10. How do I change Signature on Win10 System Drive (and still boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change Signature on Win10 System Drive (and still boot): I use slide in hard drive bays with SSDS for my system disks. I usually have a couple of different versions of installs on different SSDS and I swap them in and out like a floppy drive. I also always do my install on one computer and clone it out to several other computers. I...