Windows 10: Will New Windows 10 upgrade reset all functions to defaults

Discus and support Will New Windows 10 upgrade reset all functions to defaults in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am still having problems with PC freezing up at various times. I did receive help from NavyLCDR and AndreTen, but I am wondering if that the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by logman, Jul 12, 2016.

1. logman Win User

Will New Windows 10 upgrade reset all functions to defaults

I am still having problems with PC freezing up at various times. I did receive help from NavyLCDR and AndreTen, but I am wondering if that the Windows 10 upgrade coming at the end of July will reset things and fix my problem or will it save all the incorrect settings?
    My PC just freezes at odd times usually when I am on the Internet and on shutdown I get the notice: "Task Host window is stopping background tasks" The other thing I have recently noticed my modem is going crazy when this happens, as if it were trying to download a massive amount of data. Once I restart my PC it may work for hours or may only work for 15 minutes without a restart.
    I understand the coming upgrade will have some features like Windows 8.1 which I really liked.
    I am not that savvy when it comes to software function so I need a lot of help, although way back when I worked for companies that did work for IBM, RCA Sarnoff Labs, Bell Labs. I learned all about chip processing and hardware but nothing about the software.
    What A Pity That !!
    Anyway should I wait and see if the upgrade helps ?............. *Confused

:)

logman, Jul 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro to clean install of Windows 10 pro

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the following default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Review instructions how to perform an Easy Upgrade using the default key:

How
    to Perform an Easy Upgrade in Windows 10

Check if its activated.

In future, if you need to perform a new install, use the Reset function:

How
    to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jul 12, 2016
  3. New User not generating user folder

I was able to locate an answer: The Users\Default folder generated during the free upgrade to Windows 10 from another version does not function properly. When I replaced that entire folder (and flagged it as hidden), I was able to add a new user normally.

I hope that the next Windows update will include a new Users\Default folder to fix everyone's problem.

DavidSchick, Jul 12, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Hi again!
    You never posted back, if there were any problems after sfc /scannow...
    that was just for start. You may have corrupted syastem or some malware too. Windows upgrade won't solve those.

Run latest Malwarebyte Antimalware, just be careful to run free option.

AndreTen, Jul 12, 2016
  5. logman Win User
    Thanks Andre, I have not done anything yet. I am waiting to finish my project first. but I have saved all of your helpful information which I will try when the project is finished. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know......

logman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Will New Windows 10 upgrade reset all functions to defaults - Similar Threads - upgrade reset functions

2. Windows Upgrade breaks functionality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade breaks functionality: I upgraded my windows 7 pc to windows 10 through Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed changes I deem unexpected (some of which I'll explain along with the steps I took to attempt fixing). The main thing is a stretched display. Here is what I tried: -Meddling with the...
  3. All default apps missing after system reset

All default apps missing after system reset: Hello all, Recently I attempted to go through with a new windows update (insider preview Build 18932.rs_prerelease.190628-1650). However, at the very end of the update my computer failed with an INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error. From there, I got into the recovery menu, and...
  4. How to reset default app for all 'open file with'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset default app for all 'open file with': [ATTACH] How can i reset the option 'open file with' to dafault app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-default-app-for-all-open-file-with/d7e54c63-68a7-4f22-95e6-ded8b89d1d67"
  5. Windows 10 and ALL functions associated with Windows 10 not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and ALL functions associated with Windows 10 not functioning: After a failed Windows 10 update I cannot access ANY functions associated with windows. The start menu does not respond, I cannont type in the search bar and NONE of the icons in the system tray are responding. This is for an ASUS 10 inch windows tablet with a detachable...
  6. Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?: Hi! I have built a new computer and am preparing to install Windows 10 Pro on it. My prior habit has been to move all library folders (\Users\MrHirsute\Documents, for example) to a secondary drive (D:\Users\[Username], for example) to reduce use of the system SSD by data...
  7. Windows 10 reset function, reinstall drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 reset function, reinstall drivers?: Hi, I just wanted to say, I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to modern technology. So if my question doesn't make sense and needs rephrasing please let me know. My notebook was having issues and would show multiple error screens. It was suggested to me that I should...
  8. Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all Privacy settings to Default?: How can I reset some settings to the default without Resetting the whole Windows 10 OS? For example, I want to reset all the Privacy Settings back to its original? Is there any way to accomplish this without going into Troubleshooting section and Resetting the whole entire...
  9. "Reset this PC" Function

in Windows 10 Support
    "Reset this PC" Function: Does this work? I literally tried last night and ended up with some kind of Boot Device error that continued to restart loop with the same result. 16109
  10. Confused about Windows 10 Reset Function

Confused about Windows 10 Reset Function: I'm confused about the Windows 10 reset function and need some enlightenment. Today, I decided to do a Windows 10 reset and wipe out my existing HD of all of the old apps, files, etc. (I have it all backed up with Acronis backup). I thought the correct procedure was to...