Windows 10: Will New Windows 10 upgrade reset all functions to defaults

Discus and support Will New Windows 10 upgrade reset all functions to defaults in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am still having problems with PC freezing up at various times. I did receive help from NavyLCDR and AndreTen, but I am wondering if that the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by logman, Jul 12, 2016.

1. logman Win User

Will New Windows 10 upgrade reset all functions to defaults

I am still having problems with PC freezing up at various times. I did receive help from NavyLCDR and AndreTen, but I am wondering if that the Windows 10 upgrade coming at the end of July will reset things and fix my problem or will it save all the incorrect settings?
    My PC just freezes at odd times usually when I am on the Internet and on shutdown I get the notice: "Task Host window is stopping background tasks" The other thing I have recently noticed my modem is going crazy when this happens, as if it were trying to download a massive amount of data. Once I restart my PC it may work for hours or may only work for 15 minutes without a restart.
    I understand the coming upgrade will have some features like Windows 8.1 which I really liked.
    I am not that savvy when it comes to software function so I need a lot of help, although way back when I worked for companies that did work for IBM, RCA Sarnoff Labs, Bell Labs. I learned all about chip processing and hardware but nothing about the software.
    What A Pity That !!
    Anyway should I wait and see if the upgrade helps ?............. *Confused

:)

logman, Jul 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro to clean install of Windows 10 pro

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the following default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Review instructions how to perform an Easy Upgrade using the default key:

How
    to Perform an Easy Upgrade in Windows 10

Check if its activated.

In future, if you need to perform a new install, use the Reset function:

How
    to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Jul 12, 2016
  3. New User not generating user folder

I was able to locate an answer: The Users\Default folder generated during the free upgrade to Windows 10 from another version does not function properly. When I replaced that entire folder (and flagged it as hidden), I was able to add a new user normally.

I hope that the next Windows update will include a new Users\Default folder to fix everyone's problem.

DavidSchick, Jul 12, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Hi again!
    You never posted back, if there were any problems after sfc /scannow...
    that was just for start. You may have corrupted syastem or some malware too. Windows upgrade won't solve those.

Run latest Malwarebyte Antimalware, just be careful to run free option.

AndreTen, Jul 12, 2016
  5. logman Win User
    Thanks Andre, I have not done anything yet. I am waiting to finish my project first. but I have saved all of your helpful information which I will try when the project is finished. Thanks for the advice, I'll let you know......

logman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Will New Windows 10 upgrade reset all functions to defaults - Similar Threads - upgrade reset functions

2. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  3. Resetting ALL permissions to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting ALL permissions to default: I have been silly and played with the security settings on my Windows 11 laptopIs there some way to return ALL to a new build status ?ie Default everything without carrying out a rebuildI am being blocked from using many programs such as Ancestry/FTM because I am unable to...
  4. How to reset all permissions to default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset all permissions to default?: I couldn't find this anywhere and I really need help about this.Long story short, I thought RESTRICTED PACKAGES, ALL PACKAGES and TrustedInstaller were viruses so I removed their permissions from wherever I could but it turned out to be Windows 10's feature and the...
  5. After Windows 10 Upgrade, All Bluetooth Functions/Devices Have Vanished

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 Upgrade, All Bluetooth Functions/Devices Have Vanished: Hello,A couple of months ago I upgraded my Windows OS from Windows 10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit on my Alienware 17 r4. Before the upgrade, Bluetooth was working fine, and also I had an antivirus. After the update, both of them were gone, but I'm asking more about Bluetooth....
  6. Reset all settings to system default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset all settings to system default: Is there a way to reset the system settings to the defaults? I'd like to know if I can do it without completely resetting my system or losing my files. submitted by /u/OsrsHelp8008 [link] [comments]...
  7. Removing ALL Group Policy & reset to Windows 10 defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing ALL Group Policy & reset to Windows 10 defaults: I just bought a used desktop PC loaded with Windows 10 Pro on ebay. Apparently, it was pre-owned by a business, as it had Group Policy restrictions on it. I literally couldn't even check for Windows Updates or even bring up that Setting. I researched the internet and followed...
  8. Windows 10 and ALL functions associated with Windows 10 not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and ALL functions associated with Windows 10 not functioning: After a failed Windows 10 update I cannot access ANY functions associated with windows. The start menu does not respond, I cannont type in the search bar and NONE of the icons in the system tray are responding. This is for an ASUS 10 inch windows tablet with a detachable...
  9. Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Changing default libraries location for all new users?: Hi! I have built a new computer and am preparing to install Windows 10 Pro on it. My prior habit has been to move all library folders (\Users\MrHirsute\Documents, for example) to a secondary drive (D:\Users\[Username], for example) to reduce use of the system SSD by data...
  10. Reset all Privacy settings to Default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset all Privacy settings to Default?: How can I reset some settings to the default without Resetting the whole Windows 10 OS? For example, I want to reset all the Privacy Settings back to its original? Is there any way to accomplish this without going into Troubleshooting section and Resetting the whole entire...