Windows 10: Will not boot after restore

Discus and support Will not boot after restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all,,,I hope someone can help here please. I did a system restore and something must have got mucked up because I cannot now boot, what happens now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by donnylad, Apr 11, 2016.

1. donnylad Win User

Will not boot after restore

Hi all,,,I hope someone can help here please.
    I did a system restore and something must have got mucked up because I cannot now boot, what happens now is it gets to the screen where I enter my 4 letter pin but it also asks for a domain name and password.
    My drive has been split and the D drive has a backup Windows on it but where do I go from here.
    Thanks for any help.
    Len

:)

donnylad, Apr 11, 2016

2. Windows will not boot, needs to restore every time i start it up. Any potential solutions?

A power surge shut my computer off while it was still on, it now fails to boot Windows on start up and takes me to "Windows Automatic Repair" every time. I have to go through a troubleshooting process that requires me to "Restore" in order to get windows
    to finally boot and use my computer.

I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 8900.

Any suggestions or advice on how to fix this?

quintinparson, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Windows will not boot, needs to restore every time i start it up. Any potential solutions?

Have you gone through the full suite of troubleshooting steps described in the following article?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-windows-10...

Another option is to reinstall Windows 10:

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

Will not boot after restore

1. Will not boot after restore - Similar Threads - boot restore

2. Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?: How can I restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo? I had to swap the hardware in my ASUS desktop.For this purpose it was necessary to disable the secure boot. So I made a mistake, and deleted secure keys by the way from BIOS.After fixing the...
  3. Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?: How can I restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo? I had to swap the hardware in my ASUS desktop.For this purpose it was necessary to disable the secure boot. So I made a mistake, and deleted secure keys by the way from BIOS.After fixing the...
  4. Restore vendor BGRT boot logo, instead of unbranded Windows10 blue logo?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...: My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doesnt boot up and only loads up bios. It does detect my hard drive and ssd....
  6. My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...

My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...: My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doesnt boot up and only loads up bios. It does detect my hard drive and ssd....
  7. My computer is stuck booting up in bios ive tried restoring default setting but still doent...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...: Encountered issues in a dual-boot configuration with Ubuntu 23.10 and Kali Linux installed on a 512 GB SSD with Ubuntu allocated a larger partition. Windows was on a separate 1 TB SSD, consisting of two partitions - one of 150 GB for the C drive and another of the remaining...
  9. How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...

How can I restore the Windows bootloader after reinstalling Ubuntu in a dual-boot setup on...: Encountered issues in a dual-boot configuration with Ubuntu 23.10 and Kali Linux installed on a 512 GB SSD with Ubuntu allocated a larger partition. Windows was on a separate 1 TB SSD, consisting of two partitions - one of 150 GB for the C drive and another of the remaining...
  10. Can’t boot to windows past motherboard logo. Windows reinstall nor restore work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t boot to windows past motherboard logo. Windows reinstall nor restore work: I can’t go past the motherboard logo. It’s a black screen; I’ve tried connecting monitor to motherboard instead of GPU. It was overheating horribly before, I don’t know if that had anything to do with it. BIOS works and there’s no warning lightsNow windows reinstallation...