Windows 10: will not boot.. keeps going back to windows 7

Discus and support will not boot.. keeps going back to windows 7 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to boot windows 10. When it goes through the recovery it keeps referencing windows 7. Not sure what to do at this time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RodneyConforti, Aug 13, 2018.

1. will not boot.. keeps going back to windows 7

I am unable to boot windows 10. When it goes through the recovery it keeps referencing windows 7.

Not sure what to do at this time.

:)

RodneyConforti, Aug 13, 2018

2. Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

I got you all beat.

Step 1, there is no step 1.

Step 2, there is no step 1.

You already have win7.

PopcornMachine, Aug 13, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 13, 2018
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

will not boot.. keeps going back to windows 7

Windows 7 & XP Boot Problem

I did as that said, and was able to get back into Windows 7, but I did not have the option of going into XP. Response two on that page deals with that and says...

I did all that, upon rebooting Windows XP was listed as an option but selecting it doesn't work. I get a message saying something is missing or corrupt. I'm confused what drive letter I was supposed to use during the quoted method of adding XP support. While in Windows, the drive with XP is labeled as E:, but if I go into Windows setup it says the drive with XP is called C:. I had put E:, so perhaps it was supposed to be C...but while in Windows 7, the Windows 7 drive is called C:.

My current situation is that XP wouldn't work at all, but 7 would. I decided to reinstall XP again to be in the same situation as before. I'm unsure how to get them both working.

OrbitzXT, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

will not boot.. keeps going back to windows 7

1. will not boot.. keeps going back to windows 7 - Similar Threads - boot keeps going

2. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back to windows 7: go back to windows 7 option missing , i have the windows.old and the option still missing ,why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-back-to-windows-7/91fe30f1-5d91-418c-abda-8299db5c7743
  3. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    go back to windows 7: go back to windows 7 option missing , i have the windows.old and the option still missing ,why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/go-back-to-windows-7/91fe30f1-5d91-418c-abda-8299db5c7743
  4. go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Going back to windows 7

Going back to windows 7: Hello, wondering can anyone tell me how to go back to windows 7, my laptop is 10 years old and its has updated to 10 and I want to go back, any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks....
  6. Go back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Go back to windows 7: After the recent update, my pc keeps freezing for no reason. I looked up for solutions but I only find that you should update your windows etc. So I did. It still runs like sh*****t and still freezes. I am really sick of this ridiculous situation because all of my work are on...
  7. Going Back To Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going Back To Windows 7: I have had Windows 10 on my new PC for nearly two years and I hate it, It keeps crashing or stalling or does not what it's supposed to do or things go missing and I have to download apps to get stuff back with every update and yet again it as crashed with the last one two...
  8. Going back to windows 7 or 8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Going back to windows 7 or 8: Hi, upgraded to windows 10, now my disc dosent work, is ok if i go back to Windows 7 or 8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/going-back-to-windows-7-or-8/2d3dcfb7-1dce-4539-a460-e699c4f154c2
  9. go back to windows 7

go back to windows 7: I know how to do it, what I don't know is, how to remove your account. it says, before I can revert back to windows 7, I have to remove my account. but how? I am the only account in my computer. should I make another? what if the system tell me to remove it too? this is...
  10. Going back to Window 7 pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    Going back to Window 7 pro?: Hi, I have the Win 7 Pro. CD and am fed up with Win 10 crashes. How could I go back to Windows 7 Pro please? Is it easy as I am a novice. I have copied my files. 42371