Windows 10: Will not detect headphones

Discus and support Will not detect headphones in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My acer laptop’s headphone jack has stopped detecting headphones or earbuds inserted into it. It worked not too long ago and now it doesn’t detect any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kinseyboze, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Will not detect headphones

My acer laptop’s headphone jack has stopped detecting headphones or earbuds inserted into it. It worked not too long ago and now it doesn’t detect any audio device that is inserted. The sounds just comes out of the soeakers even when other audio devices are plugged in. I’ve looked up and tried many solutions but none of them have worked. This is very annoying and hope someone has an idea on how to fix this.

:)

kinseyboze, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Will not detect headphones

Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Will not detect headphones

1. Will not detect headphones - Similar Threads - detect headphones

2. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  3. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  4. USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11: This question has been asked before many times and in many ways. Many of the answers offered frequently miss the point. The computer with Windows 11 does not detect the Headset at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. Therefore, there is nothing there to update, enable, or change its...
  5. USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11

USB Headset Headphones and mic not detected in Windows 11: This question has been asked before many times and in many ways. Many of the answers offered frequently miss the point. The computer with Windows 11 does not detect the Headset at all. Zilch, nada, nothing. Therefore, there is nothing there to update, enable, or change its...
  6. Bluetooth doesn't detect wireless headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth doesn't detect wireless headphones: Hello, bluetooth on the laptop lenovo ideapad 330 with windows 10 does not detect wireless headphones, but detect other devices, although the other laptop NITRO 5 with windows 10 detect headphoneslaptop lenovo ideapad 330headphones Honor choice earbuds x5 lite...
  7. Windows 11 not detecting headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not detecting headphones: Hi,Stop reading all the BS everywhere about Windows 11 not detecting headphones !I hate all these AHs writing about checking your headphone n sht. I spent a day reading smrtss commentsIT IS AN UNRESOLVED SOFTWARE BUG IN WINDOWS 11 !Solution: download the original Realtek...
  8. Windows 11 not detecting headphones

Windows 11 not detecting headphones: Hi,Stop reading all the BS everywhere about Windows 11 not detecting headphones !I hate all these AHs writing about checking your headphone n sht. I spent a day reading smrtss commentsIT IS AN UNRESOLVED SOFTWARE BUG IN WINDOWS 11 !Solution: download the original Realtek...
  9. Turtle Beach Recon 200 Gen 2 Headphones not being detected in input devices on Windows 11,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turtle Beach Recon 200 Gen 2 Headphones not being detected in input devices on Windows 11,...: I've had these headphones for a couple years now, and I've never got to use the microphone because it doesn't appear in the input devices. I've tried to look for the microphone in the sound control panel, but there is nothing, and I had even uninstalled the realtek audio...
  10. Turtle Beach Recon 200 Gen 2 Headphones not being detected in input devices on Windows 11,...

Turtle Beach Recon 200 Gen 2 Headphones not being detected in input devices on Windows 11,...: I've had these headphones for a couple years now, and I've never got to use the microphone because it doesn't appear in the input devices. I've tried to look for the microphone in the sound control panel, but there is nothing, and I had even uninstalled the realtek audio...