Windows 10: Will the Creators edition help with managing updates

Discus and support Will the Creators edition help with managing updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just upgraded my Home edition to Pro just to try to gain a little control over updates. I've one other Home machine and don't want to spend another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JJG10, Apr 16, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Will the Creators edition help with managing updates

I just upgraded my Home edition to Pro just to try to gain a little control over updates. I've one other Home machine and don't want to spend another $100 to do the same on it. It seems I remember reading some where in this forum that the CU will offer more control over the update process that the 1607 build did.

Is that just wishful thinking? Or, is there another less expensive way to prevent or inhibit automatic updates?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Apr 16, 2017

2. Creators Update black screen won't load

Windows 10 creators update ruined my pc.

The screen is black with a cursor and flashes. Can only call task manager via the shortcut.

Help!

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

BrettSchultz, Apr 16, 2017
  3. Updating to Creators Update issues (Education Edition)

I am having trouble updating my OS to the latest Creators Update of Windows 10 on my PC. I am currently running version 1607 of the Education edition. I have attempted to delete current cumulative updates and revert them back to earlier versions so that
    I could manage to push the Creators Update through but had no success. When using the Updater to manually install the update my system froze after rebooting and I had to revert to the previous version of Windows (Anniversary update) via the troubleshooting
    tool. However I have managed to update my Education edition to the Creators update on my Mac (running Bootcamp) successfully. The problem only persists on my desktop PC. Is there a way to update without purchasing a new license of Windows?

TomRoseberry, Apr 16, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Yes, Creators does offer more precise control over updates in Pro, The controls are described in this tutorial. See 'Option One - To Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Settings starting with Windows 10 Build 15002' (Creators is 15063).
    Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

Quality updates can be deferred for up to 30 days, Features update for up to 365 days, and there's an option to pause all updates for seven days.

Also, as before, you can prevent updates downloading by setting a metered connection. This is particularly useful, as works on Home as well as Pro...
    Set Wireless Network as Metered or Non-Metered in Windows 10
    Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10
    ...with the bonus that from Creators Update onwards you no longer have to use Regedit for Ethernet, there's a switch in Settings now.

5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you very, very much Bree -- especially for the Tutorial.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Will the Creators edition help with managing updates - Similar Threads - Creators edition help

2. I Need Creator's Update build 15063.0 N Edition x64 ..Help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Need Creator's Update build 15063.0 N Edition x64 ..Help?: I need the ISO of Creator's Update build 15063.0 (N Edition) x64 (they also call it update version 1703) for Windows 10 N (European). I dont think I can just install the Standard American Edition. I would greatly appreciate it if someone has it. Thank You....
  3. Windows creator edition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creator edition: I keep getting a blue screen it just has a arrow and a power symbol and press he arrow press the arrow and it just reboots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-creator-edition/b21a1c5b-4b61-4e48-9063-5abd1143e79e
  4. Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana's Strange Behaviour After Creator's Edition Update: Hi all, Since the Creator's Update, Cortana has been behaving strangely on my machine. Specifically, when asking Cortana to launch programs, and even more specifically when there are several possible options. So, with Skype, just to take one example, the conversation USED...
  5. Updating To Creator Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Updating To Creator Edition: I just built a new Ryzen system and installed a full version win10 x64. Last night I did a check for updates and it gave me the win10 Creators update. So I went ahead and started it at around 8 PM. I checked at 1 AM and it was installing at 40%. At 8 AM it was at 80%. At 12...
  6. Windows 10 Creators Update Edition Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creators Update Edition Question: Just wondering,does the Windows 10 Creators Update Edition work ok when you do a upgrade install,I did it last night and the upgrade went fine,and today when playing world of tanks online game the game was freezing,stuttering,losing FPS and it was not playable.After shutting...
  7. From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?: I would like to have everyone's feedback here. Currently, I am running Win10 1607 (AU) and would like to soon upgrade to the Win10 Creative Edition. Should I perform a Clean install from the 1607 to the Creative Edition or just do an upgrade through the Windows Update?...
  8. Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update to Creators Edition Freezes....: Hi all Yesterday I downloaded the latest update for The Creators Edition but it failed twice with an error code 802....... Now when I go to settings to try again, my system hangs when I click on update and security. None of the options to reset or restore will work either....
  9. Windows Creator Pro Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Creator Pro Edition: I am a little confused about the Creators Edition I have a machine that is running Windows 10 Pro if I install the Creators Edition does it select a Creators Edition Pro or is there such a thing? 83329
  10. Color Management not opening after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Color Management not opening after Creators Update: Hello, after putting it off for a while I finally installed the Creators Update for Windows 10. Since then my gamma and color profile has been reset and I've been unable to open Color Management and calibrate my display color. I do not get any error codes, I just get a blue...