Windows 10: Will the partition, I have created, be lost while reset windows?

Discus and support Will the partition, I have created, be lost while reset windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I need to reset windows 10 in my laptop HP. It is my question Will the partition, I have created, be lost while reset windows 10 I have lots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maideen5, May 23, 2017.

1. maideen5 Win User

Will the partition, I have created, be lost while reset windows?

Hi

I need to reset windows 10 in my laptop HP.
    It is my question
    Will the partition, I have created, be lost while reset windows 10
    I have lots of information in drive.
    Can any body give me the advice

Thank you

Maideen

:)

maideen5, May 23, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

help

No such thing as a "partition drive."

When a Windows PC is reset, the partition containing Windows - known as the system partition - is overwritten, so all files previously on the partition are lost. If you store your personal files in the system partition, as most do, they will be lost when
    the PC is reset. Therefore, before resetting a PC it is essential to backup any files and folders stored in the system partition.

BulldogXX, May 23, 2017
  3. Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

i have hp notebook

if i want to restart my pc i lost my recovery partition

How i can get or create recovery partition again?

mochammadfirman, May 23, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

The official answer is no if you have created a new data partition.

However, as any regular here will tell you the pc gremlins will cause it to crap out if you do not have a backup *chuckle. Conversely, if you do back it up, the pc gremlins will ignore it and it will be fine!

Seriously, you should always back up valuable data anyway as your hard disk will (NOT may) fail at some point.

cereberus, May 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Will the partition, I have created, be lost while reset windows? - Similar Threads - partition created lost

2. Lost D disk while manually resizing and creating partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost D disk while manually resizing and creating partition: I was trying to manually resize the partition of the recovery of my OS and to shrink to the needed size , I accidentaly chose the disk of my local D drive and created a primary partition with it and now I cant find or access my local D disk as it became a recovery partition ,...
  3. Lost D disk while manually resizing and creating partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost D disk while manually resizing and creating partition: I was trying to manually resize the partition of the recovery of my OS and to shrink to the needed size , I accidentaly chose the disk of my local D drive and created a primary partition with it and now I cant find or access my local D disk as it became a recovery partition ,...
  4. Lost D disk while manually resizing and creating partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lost partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost partition: Using Wondershare Recoverit: While scanning lost partition no file is detected, and "trying to skip bad sectors" frequently appears. What should I do? OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 175185
  6. Random resets and lost recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random resets and lost recovery partition: Last year, I had to fix my PC due to a failed power source and used the opportunity to upgrade it new MoBo and CPU as well as migrating the OS to SSD. When I migrated the OS, the recovery partition remained on the old disk, which was now relegated to data storage. Soon after,...
  7. Creating new factory reset recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating new factory reset recovery partition: Hi I have recently upgraded my storage drive to ssd . Before transferring my OS to SSD i deleted the 'push button reset' system partition which had windows recovery environment. Now after transferring my OS to SSD I want to create factory reset partition containing window...
  8. Partitions lost?

Partitions lost?: This happened suddenly. When i started my laptop, i noticed some of the shortcuts not showing any icon. Then i went to This PC and noticed that I've lost all two partitions except the C drive. I tried to find a solution but didn't find any. Disk Management doesn't show it...
  9. lost partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost partition: This has happened twice now and I'm very confused. I have a HDD and have partitions- "C" and "F" The "F" partition is what I'm having problems with. A few months ago I got a windows update and as a normal person I just updated this over night (This was a large update, not...
  10. Lost a Partition

Lost a Partition: Hi on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I expected it to show the Partition and some un-allocated space but only the 500GB partition is showing in Explorer, Disk...