Windows 10: Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

Discus and support Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim8080, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Jim8080 Win User

Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials for info on this approach. A screen appears, saying " A disk burner wasn't found. I think this means the CD/DVD drive was not seen, not that the software is missing, but I'm unable to select the flash drive to burn the image to.

I have tried two win10 computers, both updated correctly. Neither has a working DVD drive.

If I cannot use a flash drive, could I use an external CD/DVD RW drive connected to an USB port?
    If so, I'm thinking of purchasing the BONLISA drive, available on Amazon.com

Thanks, Jim

:)

Jim8080, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Burn files and documents to the computers DVD recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check fi t helps

• Press Windows + x, and select Control panel.

• Select Auto play.

• Under DVD select Blank DVD.

• Click on Chose a Default.

• Select Burn file to Disk File Explorer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Burning files to DVDs

Hi Alan,

Here are the steps to burn files to a CD or DVD:

1. Right-click the file(s) in your USB stick and select SEND TO then the
    DVD Drive.

2. On the Start menu, click the File Explorer, highlight the
    DVD Drive and choose FINISH BURNING. Just be sure that the blank DVD is in the drive before you press
    BURN.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

1. Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives? - Similar Threads - win10 DVD burner

2. Selectively Turn Off Windows 10 Explorer's CD/DVD Burner Notifications only burning; not...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Selectively Turn Off Windows 10 Explorer's CD/DVD Burner Notifications only burning; not...: Windows Explorer Windows 10 notification settings for open/active DVD/CD projects are default to appear every time a project is modified. In practice that means every time you add a file to a project, delete a file, rename something, create a folder, etc. As you can...
  3. burn files to dvd

in Windows 10 Customization
    burn files to dvd: i have a dvd burner it reads files it plays music and plays videos. I have two programs that will burn dvd and they both work went to Microsoft and download windows 10 it burned the dvd ok if I right click on a file I get the send to menu the dvd drive is not their I...
  4. DVD burner not shown in file explore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD burner not shown in file explore: Have desktop that was running Ubuntu OS and all devise worked. Decided to change OS to Windows 10 Home which was installed using existing DVD/CD. The drive is an ASUS DWR-241ST that show in bios and disk management but does not show in file explore. Have tried windows...
  5. Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned.: I have USB3 Blu ray burner. Using windows 10 explorer I drag and drop MP4 files. I the "transfer app" starts up each time and shows the file is "scheduled" to be burned but if I click on properties the disk shows no files ands states that 22.5gb is totally free. It...
  6. my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks: I was using my cd/dvd burner yesterday and it worked perfectly. I went to use the cd/dvd burner today and all it would do is act like it was only reading the disk and the disk is empty nothing is on it what can I do to solve this problem any help would be greatly appreciated...
  7. DVD burner

DVD burner: I have taken videos of family on my go pro, and have purchased windows 10 and office 365 (which you now have to pay for annually) on a new Lenovo laptop and I have no DVD burner soft wear. Are we getting ripped off or what?...
  8. DVD Burner Won't Burn Windows 10

DVD Burner Won't Burn Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS 8300 running Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition. The problem I have originally ocurred when my computer was running windows 7. I upgraded to windows 10 hoping that would fix the problem ,but it did not. I have two DVD drives on the computer the original that...
  9. No DVD Burner in win10

No DVD Burner in win10: After putting together some clips from my mobile and camera on Adobe Premier Pro, I tried unsuccessfully to burn the result to disc so it could be played in a DVD player. I have just learned that win 10 has dropped that facility (although I was able to copy a clip to a DVD-R...
  10. Dvd burner will not burn in windows 10

Dvd burner will not burn in windows 10: Hi guys this problem is totally annoying me. My laptops cd/dvd burner will not burn blank cd or even read them. I have tried updated drivers from device manger & even uninstalling and reinstalling. Im at a loss. PLEASE HELP! Thanks Beth *Smile 59656