Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

Discus and support Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim8080, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Jim8080 Win User

I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials for info on this approach. A screen appears, saying " A disk burner wasn't found. I think this means the CD/DVD drive was not seen, not that the software is missing, but I'm unable to select the flash drive to burn the image to.

I have tried two win10 computers, both updated correctly. Neither has a working DVD drive.

If I cannot use a flash drive, could I use an external CD/DVD RW drive connected to an USB port?
    If so, I'm thinking of purchasing the BONLISA drive, available on Amazon.com

Thanks, Jim

:)

Jim8080, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Burn files and documents to the computers DVD recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check fi t helps

• Press Windows + x, and select Control panel.

• Select Auto play.

• Under DVD select Blank DVD.

• Click on Chose a Default.

• Select Burn file to Disk File Explorer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Rolando Vil Win User
    Burning files to DVDs

Hi Alan,

Here are the steps to burn files to a CD or DVD:

1. Right-click the file(s) in your USB stick and select SEND TO then the
    DVD Drive.

2. On the Start menu, click the File Explorer, highlight the
    DVD Drive and choose FINISH BURNING. Just be sure that the blank DVD is in the drive before you press
    BURN.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives? - Similar Threads - win10 DVD burner

2. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  3. Win10 Updates Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Updates Problems: The 1803 update wiped out several programs on my HP laptop---lost saved emails--and downloads Further updates on my Acer desktop wiped out my desktop- Additional updates move programs off the desktop and deletes others All changes require several hours to reset to a...
  4. Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?: Hi folks. Occasionally I experience BSOD, and in a previous question from me (for various reasons did not get a response in the thread) my problem is the event will not be written as a dump file. My computer has 64 GB or internal RAM, which I have set the minimum page wrap...
  5. Hp pavilion won't access windows 10

Hp pavilion won't access windows 10: Hello i need help my hp Pavilion which cost me a lot of money and i just got it a little over a month ago is telling me that it cant access windows 10 and i have no idea how to fix it and everything ive tried hasnt worked is there any way to contact an employee that can walk...
  6. Win10 built in Email App formatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 built in Email App formatting: Emails I compose using the built in app (Using Surface Pro) display fine on the screen but when viewed by the recipient on any other platform line spacing is screwed up. I typically use one blank line to separate paragraphs. The recipients sees two lines. If I dont use a...
  7. I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures: I bought a new laptop with windows 10. I recently backed up my photos from my old computer and want to put them on my new computer. It keeps saying access denied. I know its not the hard drive because everything else works except the photos. I need help....
  8. File Error 1073740791

File Error 1073740791: Started getting this error after the Windows 10 April 2018 update. Can document that fact. I had used the "Run as Administrator selection" to get backups on my financial software. I also noticed that the X on the window had stopped working on some things. I'm trying to...
  9. Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2007 Can No-Longer open .DOCM files after upgrade to Windows 10: Today, I upgraded a Windows 8 system to Windows 10 Home. All seemed to work well. NOW however, Word 2007 cannot open a .DOCM file that has an embedded Excel spreadsheet object (.XLS). I've never seen such a thing before and I'm lost. There's a bunch of chatter about Security...
  10. How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure Windows 10 to create Dump Files on Blue Screen of Death: [ATTACH] Whenever a Windows computer runs into an error, it shows a BSOD or a Blue Screen of Death. This screen usually comes up for a fraction of second, creates some logs or Dump Files as many other people refer and then suddenly [...] This post How to configure Windows 10...