Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

Discus and support Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim8080, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Jim8080 Win User

I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials for info on this approach. A screen appears, saying " A disk burner wasn't found. I think this means the CD/DVD drive was not seen, not that the software is missing, but I'm unable to select the flash drive to burn the image to.

I have tried two win10 computers, both updated correctly. Neither has a working DVD drive.

If I cannot use a flash drive, could I use an external CD/DVD RW drive connected to an USB port?
    If so, I'm thinking of purchasing the BONLISA drive, available on Amazon.com

Thanks, Jim

:)

Jim8080, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Burn files and documents to the computers DVD recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check fi t helps

• Press Windows + x, and select Control panel.

• Select Auto play.

• Under DVD select Blank DVD.

• Click on Chose a Default.

• Select Burn file to Disk File Explorer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Rolando Vil Win User
    Burning files to DVDs

Hi Alan,

Here are the steps to burn files to a CD or DVD:

1. Right-click the file(s) in your USB stick and select SEND TO then the
    DVD Drive.

2. On the Start menu, click the File Explorer, highlight the
    DVD Drive and choose FINISH BURNING. Just be sure that the blank DVD is in the drive before you press
    BURN.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives? - Similar Threads - win10 DVD burner

1. CD/DVD Drive has become invisible - Win10 Home x64 and Pro x32

in Windows 10 Support
    CD/DVD Drive has become invisible - Win10 Home x64 and Pro x32: Both my main workstation (Win10 Home x64 v 1803) and Laptop (Win 10 Pro x32 1709) have developed an issue with the CD/DVD Drive which they never had a couple of weeks back prior to another round of unwanted updates. One specific program - Makemkv - reports it cannot find any...
  2. No DVD Burner in win10

in Windows 10 Support
    No DVD Burner in win10: After putting together some clips from my mobile and camera on Adobe Premier Pro, I tried unsuccessfully to burn the result to disc so it could be played in a DVD player. I have just learned that win 10 has dropped that facility (although I was able to copy a clip to a DVD-R...
  3. Can't access my DVD drive after upgrading to Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access my DVD drive after upgrading to Win10: My DVD drive worked fine in Win7, and still works fine if I boot from it, but since upgrading to Win10 I can't access any disk in it. File Explorer "sees" my G drive, but when I want to look at a disk it tells me to insert a disk. Device manager told me that my drive was a...
  4. My DVD ROM does has not worked since Win8.1 upgrade, I now have Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    My DVD ROM does has not worked since Win8.1 upgrade, I now have Win10.: I have been trying every fix possible or either the fixes I find are not compatible w/ my system. My burner is a Toshiba CDDVDW TS-L633N, 36776
  5. CD/DVD drive being "checked" constantly since Win10 upgrade yesterday

in Windows 10 Support
    CD/DVD drive being "checked" constantly since Win10 upgrade yesterday: I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 yesterday on my Dell Inspiron. Now every 10-15 minutes I hear my CD/DVD drive grind a bit as if checking for a disk. This never happened before (unless I inserted a CD/DVD). Any ideas how to stop this? 27886
  6. Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD: Trying to do a clean install booting from DVD or USB created w Media Creation Tool: Windows 7 x86 and x64 boots from DVD or USB Windows 10 x86, boots from DVD or USB. Windows 10 x64, from DVD loads the blue window and then nothing more. Have to switch off/on to get out...
  7. Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10: How to get bootable DVD with working Windows 10 OS ? Windows 8.1 Pro paid to Microsoft and used for a while. Miscrosoft updated it to Windows 10. Windows 10 automatic updates "worked" reasoble until 17th of January 2017. The latest automatic Windows 10 updates...
Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives? solved