Windows 10: Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

Discus and support Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jim8080, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Jim8080 Win User

Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials for info on this approach. A screen appears, saying " A disk burner wasn't found. I think this means the CD/DVD drive was not seen, not that the software is missing, but I'm unable to select the flash drive to burn the image to.

I have tried two win10 computers, both updated correctly. Neither has a working DVD drive.

If I cannot use a flash drive, could I use an external CD/DVD RW drive connected to an USB port?
    If so, I'm thinking of purchasing the BONLISA drive, available on Amazon.com

Thanks, Jim

:)

Jim8080, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Burn files and documents to the computers DVD recorder

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check fi t helps

• Press Windows + x, and select Control panel.

• Select Auto play.

• Under DVD select Blank DVD.

• Click on Chose a Default.

• Select Burn file to Disk File Explorer.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Rolando Vil Win User
    Burning files to DVDs

Hi Alan,

Here are the steps to burn files to a CD or DVD:

1. Right-click the file(s) in your USB stick and select SEND TO then the
    DVD Drive.

2. On the Start menu, click the File Explorer, highlight the
    DVD Drive and choose FINISH BURNING. Just be sure that the blank DVD is in the drive before you press
    BURN.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

1. Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives? - Similar Threads - win10 DVD burner

2. DVD Burner socket on the rear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Burner socket on the rear: I have a dvd burner HP Model SH-216BB/HPTHF On the back are the usual data and power connectors but there is also a 2 pin socket. Can anyone shed some light on what this is for? [img] It is the white socket on the right. 117967
  3. Burning MP4 Files to a DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning MP4 Files to a DVD: I have Windows 10 on my new desktop computer and have a 1.9 GB MP4 file that I want to burn onto a DVD so that I can play it on my DVD player. Each time I try -- all I get is the same MP4 file burned to the DVD -- which doesn't play on my DVD player. Doesn't the system have...
  4. No DVD Burner in win10

No DVD Burner in win10: After putting together some clips from my mobile and camera on Adobe Premier Pro, I tried unsuccessfully to burn the result to disc so it could be played in a DVD player. I have just learned that win 10 has dropped that facility (although I was able to copy a clip to a DVD-R...
  5. Dvd burner will not burn in windows 10

Dvd burner will not burn in windows 10: Hi guys this problem is totally annoying me. My laptops cd/dvd burner will not burn blank cd or even read them. I have tried updated drivers from device manger & even uninstalling and reinstalling. Im at a loss. PLEASE HELP! Thanks Beth *Smile 59656
  6. external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds

external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds: Hi I have recently installed an external cd/dvd drive/burner on windows 10. I can get it to play cds but it will not burn. It keeps coming up with this error msg when i try to burn- 'The disc wasn't burned successfully. Make sure that you have the latest firmware for you cd...
  7. Burning to DVD

Burning to DVD: I've zipped some files for back up and want to write it to my DVD. I've dragged the zipped file to the DVD drives folder and gave it a name and chose the radio button to write as DVD ( as opposed to USB), but nothing gets written. All I get in is that the file is ready to be...
  8. DVD burner not working

DVD burner not working: When I tried to play a disc in the dvd player nothing happened, so I checked in Device Manager and the dvd had a yellow triangle on it, so I uninstalled it then restarted the computer. There was no change so I checked the error report and found this, "Windows cannot start...
  9. DVD burner wont work

DVD burner wont work: Windows 10, DVD burner wont work after upgrade, does not show on computer. 15133
  10. Using Win DVD ISO burner, burn to DVD complete, error when verifying.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Win DVD ISO burner, burn to DVD complete, error when verifying.: I just burned my downloaded copy of Windows 10 to DVD with the Windows DVD burner, it appears that the image was burned successfully but if you try and use the "verify disc" option it gives an error of 0x80004005. I have tried several discs and receive the same error ONLY...