Windows 10: Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back?

Discus and support Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I found the following on a forum post from 2007. I'm apprehensive, however, to try it because I obviously don't want to cause anything to stop working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AshleyQuick, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back?

I found the following on a forum post from 2007. I'm apprehensive, however, to try it because I obviously don't want to cause anything to stop working properly.

1:
    netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" static 208.67.222.222
    netsh interface ip add dns name="Local Area Connection" addr=208.67.220.220
    ​2:

2:
    netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" dhcp

:)

AshleyQuick, Apr 5, 2017
  2. LemP Win User

The DNS server might be having problems. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

It's not clear what you mean by "tried the comments suggested," but generally the DNS server used by most home users is the one provided by their Internet Service Provider (ISP).

You can check with your ISP's support desk to see if they have been having issues and if so when that might be resolved.

You can also change the DNS server you use to something more reliable, such as those provided by Google or OpenDNS.

Google: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

If you want to change DNS servers, you can do this on a per-computer basis or make the change in your router, which will change the DNS servers used by all of your computers.

Directions for changing DNS servers on a Windows 10 computer are here:
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-...

If you want to change DNS servers in your router, please provide the make and specific model of the router.

LemP, Apr 5, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 5, 2017
  4. pparks1 Win User

Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back?

Looks correct to me. Should work fine and not cause you problems. It's possible that your interface might not be called "Local Area Connection". You can check with

netsh interface show interface.

pparks1, Apr 5, 2017
  5. This is what I get when I run "netsh interface show interface"

Code: Admin State State Type Interface Name ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Enabled Disconnected Dedicated Ethernet Enabled Connected Dedicated Wi-Fi[/quote] Does that show what I need?

AshleyQuick, Apr 5, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    What is the point of this opendns is a great DNS with protection so why would you want to change it by default a lot the time the router is set as DNS?

Samuria, Apr 5, 2017
  7. I frequent a local library and, in order to access their wifi, the OpenDNS servers must be removed for some reason. I can switch them back once I've gotten past their acknowledgment page but I simply cannot get to this page with the custom servers. Consequently, I was looking for a batch script that would allow me to quickly remove, then re-add the OpenDNS servers.

AshleyQuick, Apr 5, 2017
  8. Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back?

Or you could use NetSetMan - 2 clicks to change to a preset network.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back?

1. Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back? - Similar Threads - batch files change

2. Trying to make a batch file script to change the DNS on a workstation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to make a batch file script to change the DNS on a workstation.: I have tried just putting the command in a batch file and running that batch file as admin, but that doesn't work.I need it to run as elevated cmd.The code I have used in an elevated cmd that works:netsh interface ipv4 add dns "Ethernet" 10.100.0.11 index=2I would like to be...
  3. Trying to make a batch file script to change the DNS on a workstation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to make a batch file script to change the DNS on a workstation.: I have tried just putting the command in a batch file and running that batch file as admin, but that doesn't work.I need it to run as elevated cmd.The code I have used in an elevated cmd that works:netsh interface ipv4 add dns "Ethernet" 10.100.0.11 index=2I would like to be...
  4. Trying to make a batch file script to change the DNS on a workstation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS server automatically changes to manual DNS and assigns a DNS server IP by itself: DNS settings in Laptop wifi adaptor gets changed automatically to manual DNS and assigns local DNS server IP by itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-automatically-changes-to-manual-dns-and/fc65e86e-d189-40ef-8776-c691d61a6adc
  6. Can't change DNS server

Can't change DNS server: I'm trying change DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 in my Wi-Fi propeties in IPv4 propeties, but always appear error like thisnot long time ago it can change, how to fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-dns-server/e9645394-7ac0-4b91-ab22-eea9f832d869
  7. Change DNS Server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change DNS Server: When changing DNS Server do you need to change only Internet Protocol Version 4 or you need to change Internet Protocol Version 6 as well? From what Ive read some include IPv6 some don't so I dont know if I should change both or just IPv4. I wanted to change to Cloudflare...
  8. Setting up a DNS server that forward to OpenDNS?

Setting up a DNS server that forward to OpenDNS?: Hello, In my small office I currently have setup DD-WRT with OpenDNS as a filesharing site blocking method. However, when they take these laptops outside, they connect their own hotspot and unblock all file sharing sites. Is it possible to setup my own DNS server, which...
  9. Change Preferred DNS server

Change Preferred DNS server: Hello have fresh installation Windows 10 (up to date), version 1803, build 17134.320 In network configuration Prefered DNS server always has value 172.0.0.1. I make the change to my need and after save and flush DNS ipconfig /flushdns value get back to 172.0.0.1 Thank you...
  10. Changing DNS server

Changing DNS server: Can I use either one of these to change my DNS server. I have a T-Mobile version of the ASUS TM-AC1900 router. The ASUS does not seem to have an alternate address input 92132