Windows 10: Will tp users be able to upgrade straight to win10?

Discus and support Will tp users be able to upgrade straight to win10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using win 10 tp for quite a while and I'm pleased with it. Just curious am I going to have to reinstall another windows to get win 10 or be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by murphy31047, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Will tp users be able to upgrade straight to win10?

I have been using win 10 tp for quite a while and I'm pleased with it. Just curious am I going to have to reinstall another windows to get win 10 or be able to go straight from Windows 10 when it releases? Thanks for the help.

:)

murphy31047, Jun 3, 2015
  2. RounakBis Win User

Will Windows 10 TP users be upgraded to full version for free?

Are you sure? Has Microsoft announced it officially?

RounakBis, Jun 3, 2015
  3. Will Windows 10 TP users be upgraded to full version for free?

Will I be able to upgrade from the Windows 10 Insider Preview to the final release?

Yes, you will be able to upgrade from the Windows Insider Preview to the RTM build for free.

Company officials have noted though if you join the
    Windows Insider Program
    you will qualify for the free upgrade to the final release.

Latest confirmation:

When asked if there would be a cut off date for Insiders before Windows 10 reached RTM, Microsoft's Gabriel Aul stated that preview builds would continue being delivered up until the final release.

"We expect to keep flighting builds to Insiders all the way up to RTM. More details to come, but no cutoff planned."

Gabriel Aul on Twitter

After upgrading, you can switch to the Stable Channel.

Andre Da Costa, Jun 3, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Will tp users be able to upgrade straight to win10?

As far as I know, there has been no statement from Microsoft on that yet.

The upgrade versions of Windows 7 and 8 used upgrade license keys. Whether Microsoft will be issuing free Win10 keys, or using an entirely new licensing scheme, I don't know.

An upgrade version of Windows 8 was supposed to be installed only onto a system with an activated qualifying OS in place. There are work-arounds for that.

I expect that such back doors are built-in by Microsoft. Imagine owning a commercial PC with no installation media for the OS. The hard disk dies. Microsoft could require that the disk be replaced by the PC's manufacturer, or that the PC's owner purchase a new Windows license to repair the PC. Either of those would seriously offend the PC's owner, especially if the PC is a $300 laptop.

bobkn, Jun 4, 2015
Thema:

Will tp users be able to upgrade straight to win10?

1. Will tp users be able to upgrade straight to win10? - Similar Threads - users able upgrade

2. Tp-wn823n v2 crushes my win10 64bits

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tp-wn823n v2 crushes my win10 64bits: Hello so after i installed win 10 and all the drivers when i insert the to link usb wifi adapter the won bsod and reboots and if i don t inplih it it wont boot pls help the dmg file are here https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al0CA2BiCavihBcm1yoyHLBuNjrz?e=oJT1T9 Pls help me i...
  3. Not able to create another user in Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not able to create another user in Win10: I created a child account and then removed it. Now when I try to add another user account with same Microsoft account as was used for the child account, it wont let me....
  4. Upgrading win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading win10: Created new install after failure. Everything was fine until the upgrade to 1909. Now on startup, the first start screen shows but the second does not. When I click and get the PIN screen the field is grayed out and will not take the pin....
  5. win10 upgrade

win10 upgrade: Me hi, i would like to upgrade one of our business pc s which run win7 pro to win10 in order to test and verify if some of the 3rd party apps which we use will run properly. we have office including access on the computer. how do i get the win 10 download and how do i get the...
  6. Upgrading to Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win10: I have several related questions, so I'm hoping someone can answer at least part of them. Here's my situation: I have Win7 (ultimate retail) installed as my primary OS. I am hesitant to use this particular license to upgrade to Win10. I have a Win8 Pro (upgrade) license,...
  7. Win10 TP AOK, Win7 > Win10 soso. IE11 has no tcpip access...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 TP AOK, Win7 > Win10 soso. IE11 has no tcpip access...: My machine has two boot volumes. vol3 (win7 now win10) and vol5 (win8 tp10). After automatic upgrade of win7p to Win10p(64) on vol3, all appeared to be well. It activated just fine (good network) and Edge and Chrome work fine. However, IE11, FireFox, Thunderbird, iolo...
  8. Upgrade WIN10?

Upgrade WIN10?: I have installed Win10. I got Win10Home 32 bit. I'm pretty sure I had 64bit Win8.1 but it's gone now so I can't check. Is it possible to upgrade to Win10 Pro 64bit? John 22961
  9. Will I be able to install Win10 upgrade on a new SSD?

Will I be able to install Win10 upgrade on a new SSD?: My Win7.1-64 system is very old and I need to do a clean install of Win10. My current Win7 is installed on an old SSD so I decided to get a new one, which I now have. My plan was to create a Win10 ISO flash drive, replace my current SSD boot drive with the new one, and do...
  10. Will Win7 on my PC after I ugraded tp Win10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Win7 on my PC after I ugraded tp Win10?: I created a backup image of Win7 before I went to Win10 and If decided to go back to Win7, would it still it work ? It has been about 2 months since I upgraded Thanks *Smile 56514