Windows 10: Will Update Ask for Confirm Before Restart?

Discus and support Will Update Ask for Confirm Before Restart? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Win 10 updates set to "Notify to Schedule Restart". Will it ask me to confirm before it restarts (since it seems to schedule them about 3:00... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hcour, Aug 19, 2015.

1. hcour Win User

Will Update Ask for Confirm Before Restart?

I have Win 10 updates set to "Notify to Schedule Restart". Will it ask me to confirm before it restarts (since it seems to schedule them about 3:00 a.m. when I'm asleep). I'd rather my computer not reboot without my ok. Thanks.

:)

hcour, Aug 19, 2015
  2. Surfer88 Win User

Ask for confirmation before connecting GPRS?

nLinked,

Your device will always try to connect to the internet using GPRS, instead of wifi, whenever given half the chance.

You can try to force it to use wifi, by selecting all your network connections to My Work Network, instead of Internet...

Alternatively, you can use a third party app to "turn off GPRS" totally, and then only "turn on GPRS", when you want to use.

You may want to check out this app... ( http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-software/246171/new-free-utility/ )

Cheers...

Surfer88, Aug 19, 2015
  3. nLinked Win User
    Ask for confirmation before connecting GPRS?

If my Wi-Fi is turned off and the phone automatically decides to connect to the Internet using GPRS, is there a way for it to ask for a confirmation before connecting to GPRS?

nLinked, Aug 19, 2015
  4. dimsais8 Win User

As far as I can tell, the answer's "No". If you have the Update app running, it'll state there that there's an update that requires you to restart, but it'll schedule the restart itself. My laptop has started itself at 2:30am several times, having downloaded an update without advising me. *Mad

dimsais8, Aug 28, 2015
  5. hcour Win User
    Today when I woke up my computer (desktop) it told me about the scheduled update and ask if wanted to schedule it myself. So that's fine.

Also, I've since learned that if you have a wireless connection and set it to "Metered" supposedly it will ask about updates.

hcour, Sep 1, 2015
  6. I haven't seen an option to disable forced reboots for updates or at least require a button click before restarting. M$ needs to fix this by at least providing options. Thanks for pointing this out.

nosecureboot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Will Update Ask for Confirm Before Restart? - Similar Threads - Update Ask Confirm

2. update confirmation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update confirmation: I only want to print if unsuccessful? $sql = "UPDATE numbers SET receiptno =receiptno+1 WHERE id=1"; if ($conn->query($sql) === TRUE) { echo "receiptno updated successfully"; } else { echo "Error updating record: " . $conn->error; }
  3. update confirmation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update confirmation: I only want to print if unsuccessful? $sql = "UPDATE numbers SET receiptno =receiptno+1 WHERE id=1"; if ($conn->query($sql) === TRUE) { echo "receiptno updated successfully"; } else { echo "Error updating record: " . $conn->error; }
  4. How to remove a windows update before restarting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove a windows update before restarting?: So I recently had the 11-2020 CU install on my exchange box....well it corrupted all 5 of my DB's did a Veeam recovery did some work on the Virtual Directories got everything back up and running. Needles to say I don't want to do that again....it seems the update reinstalled...
  5. Is there a way for Win10 to ask for confirmation before executing apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way for Win10 to ask for confirmation before executing apps?: I always misclick on Photoshop or Illustrator and then I have to wait for it to finish opening to close it. submitted by /u/dry-dragonfly [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzltqq/is_there_a_way_for_win10_to_ask_for_confirmation/
  6. Not asking for consent before restarting

Not asking for consent before restarting: My PC restarted without warning while I was actively using it. It had given me a popup box letting me know an update was available. I told it to not update right now, intending to restart my PC after I finished my work. Then my PC restarted, 5 minutes later, without warning...
  7. Get Windows 10 to ask before updating

Get Windows 10 to ask before updating: A couple of days ago I was trying to do something online and it was all running ridiculously slowly. Then yesterday it said it had installed an update. This is not the first time this has happened. I've done a bit of a search, but can only find old articles. Is there a way...
  8. ask before opening a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ask before opening a drive: Set Windows 10 to ask before opening storage drives. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-before-opening-a-drive/765979ba-cde5-4435-88b5-8228a58cd5e7"
  9. WINDOWS 10 always asks for delete confirmation.

in Windows 10 Support
    WINDOWS 10 always asks for delete confirmation.: I have unchecked delete confirmation in the recycle bin properties, but whenever I delete a file or folder on a removable drive or a network drive, the delete confirmation pops up. This does not happen on Windows 7 or 8. 7894
  10. shortcut in toolbar now asks for security confirmation

in Windows 10 Support
    shortcut in toolbar now asks for security confirmation: I've got a toolbar I created to house some convenient shortcuts. One that is a shortcut to a vmware configuration file just begun to ask for a security confirmation, complaining about an unknown publisher. If I create the same shortcut on the desktop, no problem. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update ask before restart