Windows 10: Will upgrading from win 7 to win 10 still keep chrome passwords?

Discus and support Will upgrading from win 7 to win 10 still keep chrome passwords? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ask this as i currently have no way to do any form of backup and wont be able to for some time but the only things i would need when i do upgrade is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by starman, Aug 16, 2015.

1. starman Win User

Will upgrading from win 7 to win 10 still keep chrome passwords?

I ask this as i currently have no way to do any form of backup and wont be able to for some time but the only things i would need when i do upgrade is my chrome passwords and my steam games as have not long done a full reset using the acer e recovery program. Im using the steam beta client at present and running win 7 home premium.

Thanks for any help.

:)

starman, Aug 16, 2015
  2. RobFrench Win User

Can I keep Windows 7 after upgrading to Windows 10

When upgrading to Windows 10 from 7, will Win 10 be using the license key from my Win 7 install? Will I still be able to use that license key to install Win7 on a different drive and/or machine?

Would the Win 7/8 license transfer to Win 10 and therefore be unusable for the OS it was originally for?

I am not quite ready to abandon 7 altogether and I would even prefer to do the upgrade to 10 on a fresh drive and keep my current Win 7 install, but I would understand if this offer was upgrade only.

RobFrench, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Upgraded from Win 7 32x to 10 64x. SO S-l-o-w. Go back to 7? Win 10 32x?

I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. The 64x Win 10 is problematic and Edge is OK, unless more than 1 window is opened. I can use Chrome, but it also lags terribly. Can I downgrade from Win 10 x64 to Win 10 x86? OR should I go back to Win 7 and upgrade to
    Pro or Ultimate? Absolutely frustrated. Thanks for any advice.

Douglas Finnell, Aug 16, 2015
  4. DJG
    DJG Win User

I would not recommend upgrading without a backup. But upgrading doesn't reset passwords you have, as these are data / cookies passed along by the upgrade.

5. starman Win User
    Thank you, any idea about my steam games i have installed as not long bought Microsoft flight sim x edition and but have my own copy's of other games like mafia 2 etc? could i just re install them? thanks.

starman, Aug 16, 2015
  6. DJG
    DJG Win User
    Sorry, no idea. Not a gamer. But it should move over all your apps and their data, which should include installed games.

7. starman Win User
    Ok cheers DJG

starman, Aug 16, 2015
  8. hiphopper Win User

I can't speak for 7->10 upgrade, but when I did 8.1->10 I found that all of my Apps were still there and that included my Steam Apps. Everything worked except for a few minor configuration issues I fixed easily.

Steam didn't seem to even realize it was on a different OS.

hiphopper, Aug 16, 2015
  9. starman Win User
    Ok nice 1 hiphopper much appreciated for all the help to all.

starman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will upgrading from win 7 to win 10 still keep chrome passwords? - Similar Threads - upgrading still keep

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from win 7 to win 10 fails: I have tried upgrading my system from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. I downloaded the upgrade from this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 The upgrade gets approximately 90 to 95 percent installed, and errors out. Now every time I get the...
  4. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  5. upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure: getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10-failure/5897582e-19f6-4dd0-a905-db07ffc929b9
  6. upgrade to win 10 from 7

upgrade to win 10 from 7: I upgraded briefly about 2 years ago from 7 to 10 and then within an hour went back to win 7. Since that time my "setup backup " and thus backup would not complete.. a couple of days ago after some digging i was getting error code ox80041321 for which after trying a couple...
  7. upgrade from win 7 to 10

upgrade from win 7 to 10: I have an existing desktop computer running with windows 7. I purchased a new windows 10 dvd. My windows 7 is win 10 compatible. All the help ie videos etc seem to be based on using the windows "media creation tool" and not the official Microsoft dvd. If anyone can guide me...
  8. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  9. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  10. Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!

Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!: Just bought a pre-loved laptop for Mrs (Sheelba, as I like to think of her) for our 34th Wedding anniversary. She already has a pre-hated android tablet which she won't use 'cos it hates her back too! I saw the Dell Latitude E6400 on Tuesday, and bought it the next day,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. would upgrading from windos 7 to 10 keep my saved passwods