Windows 10: Will VMPlayer be safe to use

Discus and support Will VMPlayer be safe to use in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have a spare copy of Windows 8.0 Pro I installed it under VMPlayer and it worked just fine I then installed windows 10 tech preview build 9841 and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by shipinomore10, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Will VMPlayer be safe to use

I have a spare copy of Windows 8.0 Pro I installed it under VMPlayer and it worked just fine I then installed windows 10 tech preview build 9841 and it seemed to work until I shut it down and then later started it back up. I came up with the splash screen and asking for my password. It started up fine inVMPlayer but when it gave me the splash screen from my Windows 8.1 which VMPlayer is running under I got out and since I had done a image backup of my whole system with Macrium Reflect I just restored the image from earlier today.

Has anyone tried something like this.

Larry

:)

shipinomore10, Oct 27, 2014
  2. Davis 67 Win User

Need information on XP Mode on Windows 10

Hi Rufus07,

I can tell you how it worked for me.

(1) When I was still on Windows 7, I used both Virtual PC and VMWare VMPlayer. In Windows 7, VMPlayer prompted me to convert my "free" Virtual PC Windows XP mode file to a VMPlayer virtual machine. This involved using "VMWare vCenter Converter Standalone
    Client" -- and VMPlayer walked me through the process very nicely.

(2) Once inside the VMPlayer Windows XP virtual machine, I was prompted to activated Windows XP through it's built-in activation technology. The Virtual PC Windows XP mode was still activated though. Like you I had an appropriate Windows XP license to use.
    All my VMPlayer VMs worked great after the upgrade to Windows 10, as did VMPlayer itself.

(3) An appropriate path for you may be (while still in Windows 7) to convert your Virtual PC VMs for use in another product: e.g. VMPlayer, Virtual Box, etc. and activate them if necessary. Make sure they work in the new environment, then do the upgrade
    to Windows 10. Back up your computer before the upgrade.

So the upshot is, once you create a Windows XP virtual machine using something other than Virtual PC Windows XP mode, you'll be prompted by Windows XP to activate. I personally I have found VMPlayer to work very well, I would suggest that. Turn on Internet
    with the VM to activate, turn it off after.

If you have questions please ask!

Best Regards.

Davis 67, Oct 27, 2014
  3. BruceLK Win User
    Free VMPlayer compatibility with Windows 10 as the host OS

Does anyone know which (if any) version of the free VMPlayer is compatible with Window 10 as the host OS? When I first received the Windows 10 app, it said VMPlayer was not compatible. Now it doesn't mention that, although I haven't updated VMPlayer. My
    current version of VMPlayer is 6.0.7 build-2844087. Thank you for any help you can offer.

BruceLK, Oct 27, 2014
  4. Will VMPlayer be safe to use

I was able to re install using the ISO file and so far it is working OK.

shipinomore10, Oct 27, 2014
Thema:

Will VMPlayer be safe to use

1. Will VMPlayer be safe to use - Similar Threads - VMPlayer safe

2. Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?: Hi,For the past month, I have been dealing with various Blue Screens and freeze. My laptop ASUS ROG Strix G513RM is doing better now but I can still encounter a random blue screen at times, caused by Kernel Power 41 ID or Hypervisor Error.I tried so many solutions to prevent...
  3. Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to update the BIOS using EZ Flash?: Hi,For the past month, I have been dealing with various Blue Screens and freeze. My laptop ASUS ROG Strix G513RM is doing better now but I can still encounter a random blue screen at times, caused by Kernel Power 41 ID or Hypervisor Error.I tried so many solutions to prevent...
  4. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  5. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  6. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Centos rel 8 available - and boot into firmware vmplayer

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Centos rel 8 available - and boot into firmware vmplayer: Hi folks for those that like running various Linux VM's CENTOS rel 8 is now available both as a "stable" and a "rolling release" CentOS 8 Release Date - New Features & Download Links For the rolling release use the stream version. Easy to install with VMWare -- just use...
  8. vmware wks 11 / vmplayer 7 No 3d available from Host

vmware wks 11 / vmplayer 7 No 3d available from Host: running W10 as a GUEST on VMware WKS 11 / vmplayer 7 message is no 3d support from Host. However the VM seems to work perfectly and I'm not getting as far as I can see any degradation on graphics --play an old game like spider solitaire - if the card movements are jerky then...
  9. Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available

Vmware update (workstation) 12..5.5 + vmplayer available: Hi there VMware users an update both for Windows and Linux hosts is available - workstation 12.5.5 Cheers jimbo 80414
  10. Note VMPLAYER R7 and WKS Rel 11 need 64 Bit HOST OS'es

Note VMPLAYER R7 and WKS Rel 11 need 64 Bit HOST OS'es: Hi there Just a note to people thinking of upgrading to vmplayer rel 7o r Workstation 11. These require the HOST OS to be 64 bit - whether the host is WINDOWS or LINUX. The older releases - player rel 6 and Workstation 10 can still run on 32 bit machines. Some of you...