Windows 10: Will Win 10 be a forced download?

Discus and support Will Win 10 be a forced download? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I apologize for this question but i have looked and cannot find the answer. Will Win 10 be a forced download. Will i have the option to install or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jthagee, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Jthagee Win User

Will Win 10 be a forced download?

I apologize for this question but i have looked and cannot find the answer.

Will Win 10 be a forced download. Will i have the option to install or not.
    [i hope this is the correct forum]

thank you

:)

Jthagee, Jul 9, 2015

2. How Many Forced Updates will we be forced to endure before Microsoft backs off and leaves US in control of OUR OWN Computers?

After all attempts had been made to stop updates from installing themselves, while I and my computer were asleep (I always put it in sleep mode and rarely shut it completely down), I woke up to my computer asking for a password that I had never set up.
    My computer had updated itself, even though my connection was set to metered, AND I had made sure Cryptographic, Background Intelligence Transfer AND the Windows Update Services were disabled! Microsoft Chat (after 2 other reps hung up on me after being unable
    to help) the 3rd rep hung on with me as we tried everything she could think of to get me into my computer finally realizing there was nothing other than a clean install of Windows 10. I lost everything including hours of my time spread over several days to
    get my computer back. This is BREAKING AND ENTERING AND THEFT...PURE AND SIMPLE. I blocked these updates and still they forced their way into my computer and destroyed everything on it. This is no different than me locking up my house and them breaking
    in and destroying everything inside. How is this legal? How long are we going to sit around and let Microsoft hijack our computers with upgrades whenever they feel like it? They got so far down into my computer with this upgrade that even a factory reset
    didn't fix this issue...seriously?

Security Updates I can understand as being necessary...updating to the newest/latest/greatest...THAT is NOT necessary and I will never understand. How much productivity is lost because suddenly someone's computer is behaving differently and now they have
    to re-figure out how to do something they've been doing a certain way that is now changed? Why are we forced to always have the newest this or that when we are perfectly happy with the way it works now? Would you EVER buy a product knowing that the manufacturer
    could seize it anytime they wanted to and change it however they desired and with no guarantee that you would even like the changes they made to it? Oh, they say if you don't like them you can undo it...oh so we have to use OUR precious time to undo something
    we never wanted in the first place? How absurd is this and how long are we going to tolerate it?

I've already written to the Attorney General in my state. This last invasion made me so angry I literally broke things slamming doors and screaming and yelling about it. They released this update and never pulled it back knowing that for some people it
    was suddenly locking them out of their computers with the new password that they never set up. That is negligence in it's purest form. Why would they continue to release something that causes so much mayhem? Why are they STILL forcing a product on people
    that has such a defect?

I'm not standing for it anymore. I demand the user be put back into control of when and what updates are installed. I demand that the user fully OWN and be IN FULL CONTROL of THEIR OWN COMPUTER. Anyone else with me? I'm going to scream this as loud as
    I can and everywhere that I can because this has gotten beyond absurd and I have NO IDEA why no one is doing anything to stop them! Seriously...it's time! Germany sued and Microsoft agreed to stop their forced update behavior there...why not here?

My computer is set to metered so every single time the SoftwareDistribution folder pops back up...that would be costing money...that is definitely ILLEGAL! MICROSOFT, YOU BETTER BE LISTENING BECAUSE EVERYWHERE I GO I HEAR PEOPLE WITH THE SAME OUTRAGE.
    IS THIS HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR CONSUMERS? YOU DON'T CARE THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING UPSETS US SO MUCH THAT WE ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING INTO ALTERNATIVES TO AVOID YOUR PRODUCTS ALTOGETHER?

I'm not going away and I'm not going to be silenced. I'm not even going to be bribed into being quiet no matter how much money you offer me. This is a change that needs to happen for EVERYONE and THAT is the ONLY SOLUTION I will accept. Create an UPDATE
    MANAGER program that is freely available to all that want it that allows the user to control EACH AND EVERY update that is available. Let them install security updates only...and WHEN they want them installed, or NO updates at all. It is the user's right
    to use their computer how and when they want to without being hijacked by you and your updates!

BTW...forcing these new updates on people and then telling them they can't use their computer until they agree to all of their terms...there's a term for that. You are basically telling us that we can't have our computers back until we agree to whatever
    it is you have decided to make us agree to. Well guess what, I DO NOT AGREE TO YOUR TERMS. AND IF I HAVE TO FIGHT YOU IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AND TEACH EVERYONE ELSE HOW TO DO SO AS WELL, I WILL. BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN DOING THE RIGHT THING AND IF YOU AS A
    COMPANY DO NOT, THEN YOU AREN'T A COMPANY THAT I WANT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH!

Getting the picture loud and clear yet? Or will this post be taken down as soon as you can do so. That's ok, I live in Washington State where one of your campuses is located and have no trouble going down there and spreading the word to as many employees
    I can that will listen. When you change things in a computer owned by older people who are not computer savvy and I get panicked phone calls from my parents saying they don't know why their computer is different and I have to go down there and re-teach them
    how to do things, I'm going to start billing you for my time. It's not right and we are tired of getting the message from you that you don't actually care about the people who use your products. End of story!

DerangedDiyDiva, Jul 9, 2015
  3. Ramon Imp Win User
    Will there be a ISO of Win 10 build 10.0.16299.192, and when? Need to run DISM.

Hi,

Usually, blue screen errors could be caused by hardware or software issues. It turns out that the latest available Windows ISO file is Build 10.0.16299.15 and there's no definite date on when the Build 10.0.16299.192 will be released. To isolate the issue,
    we would like to know if you've made any changes before you experienced a blue screen error. If yes, could you please specify? Since your concern is regarding BSOD, we suggest that you follow the recommended steps on this

article
    specifically created to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Jul 9, 2015
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

5. Jthagee Win User
    Jthagee, Jul 9, 2015
  6. Tabvla Win User
    My understanding of the process is as follows - if my understanding is incorrect could someone please correct it.

1. The "Get Windows App" is automatically downloaded and the Icon displayed on the Taskbar
    2. To receive the W10 upgrade sometime after 29 July the User has to then "Reserve" an upgrade
    3. If the User does not reserve an upgrade it will not be downloaded even if the GWA is displayed on the Taskbar
    4. If the User reserves an upgrade W10 will be downloaded after 29 July but will NOT be installed automatically
    5. Installing the upgrade will be a User-choice even if Updates are set to "Install updates automatically"
    6. A safer option will be to set updates to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them"

T.

Tabvla, Jul 9, 2015
  7. The only difference I thought was item 4

I thought it was going to download prior to 29th, so those that are getting it first will have the option to install straight away

but things seem to change so it could be either

paulsalter, Jul 9, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

From what I understand MS will begin sending down parts of WIn10 to users who have reserved a copy before the 29th. Then the final parts will be sent starting on the 29th.

I assume that's to prevent a huge load on their servers.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 9, 2015
  9. That's how I understand it

just the latest news about people getting it after 29th confused me

paulsalter, Jul 9, 2015
  10. Cr00zng Win User
    I seem to recall that you had to reserve your copy by June 30th. Is that correct?

Cr00zng, Jul 9, 2015
  11. Tabvla Win User
    Would it not be reasonable to assume that the first "part" to be sent would be the core of the OS..?

Therefore even if W10 is delivered piecemeal the core would have to be in place for the other bits to be attached to it....?

So once the upgrade process starts the User would effectively have upgraded from W..?? to W10, even if all the bits are not in place with the initial download...?

T.

Tabvla, Jul 9, 2015
  12. Jthagee Win User
    I went thru the pictorial and it seemed to opt out of the download. I clicked the reserve window this morning and it was about to reserve me a copy like nothing ever happened.
    I will go back and re read some of the other links.
    thanks'
    joe

[ I'm on satellite with limited download of 15 gigs a month- just didn't want to get zapped with a download at the end of the month]

[and one other thing- i have downloaded all the win 10 builds, the latest download build 10162. I have spent several years tayloring win 7 just like i like. I don't see any advantage using win 10. In-fact i feel like a big fish with a hook in my mouth, i hate the home screen... yea i'm getting old]

Jthagee, Jul 9, 2015
  13. Will Win 10 be a forced download?

windows 10 will not be a mandatory download as yet but my view is windows 8 will run for a term of 10 years, according to Microsoft news. even then it will not be mandatory. my personal views are that window 8 will eventually become redundant, then those wishing to stay with Microsoft will have to move to windows 10. also I expect that Microsoft will eventually make it a yearly subscription as the have with MS office, why do you think they are giving it away, you don't get anything for nothing in this world

reevesofbath, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Will Win 10 be a forced download? - Similar Threads - forced download

2. Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?: Fhyck you Microsoft. I don't want your phuckin edge updated and shoved back on my laptop you phucking **** leave my god damn pc alone. If I get so low as to want to use your trash @zz edge browser or even think of downloading it, I would unalive myself instead so I'd never...
  3. Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?: Fhyck you Microsoft. I don't want your phuckin edge updated and shoved back on my laptop you phucking **** leave my god damn pc alone. If I get so low as to want to use your trash @zz edge browser or even think of downloading it, I would unalive myself instead so I'd never...
  4. Microsoft edge force downloading every update now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. man. microssoft is such a p.o.s.. forcing me to download its content to my computer that i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    man. microssoft is such a p.o.s.. forcing me to download its content to my computer that i...: i am forced to sign in my microsoft email account in order to use my laptop. its an ACER . i have shunned away from microsoft products because of that villanious force feeding products down my laptops throat. why. just be an option and maybe people will like your products....
  6. man. microssoft is such a p.o.s.. forcing me to download its content to my computer that i...

man. microssoft is such a p.o.s.. forcing me to download its content to my computer that i...: i am forced to sign in my microsoft email account in order to use my laptop. its an ACER . i have shunned away from microsoft products because of that villanious force feeding products down my laptops throat. why. just be an option and maybe people will like your products....
  7. Windows 11 Forcefully downloaded. How do I revert and why did this happen?

Windows 11 Forcefully downloaded. How do I revert and why did this happen?: So I went to turn of my computer one night, and I see a 'update and shut down' option next to the normal 'shut off' option, I think why not... When I turn the computer on next day today I immediately realize it has downloaded Windows 11. I did not ask for this, I purposefully...
  8. Windows 11 Forcefully downloaded. How do I revert and why did this happen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Forcefully downloaded. How do I revert and why did this happen?: So I went to turn of my computer one night, and I see a 'update and shut down' option next to the normal 'shut off' option, I think why not... When I turn the computer on next day today I immediately realize it has downloaded Windows 11. I did not ask for this, I purposefully...
  9. Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?: About a month ago my desktop computer downloaded an update for Windows 11 22h2 and asked me for a time to restart. I have a laptop that received the same update but had an option to stay on Windows 10. Earlier today I sucked it up went through the download and immediately did...
  10. Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?: About a month ago my desktop computer downloaded an update for Windows 11 22h2 and asked me for a time to restart. I have a laptop that received the same update but had an option to stay on Windows 10. Earlier today I sucked it up went through the download and immediately did...