Windows 10: Will Windows 10 Creators Update delete installed programs/software ?

Discus and support Will Windows 10 Creators Update delete installed programs/software ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Currently Win 10 Pro with all updates as of today. If I install Windows 10 Creators Update I know that i have the option to keep Files and Apps, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rick Deckard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Will Windows 10 Creators Update delete installed programs/software ?

Currently Win 10 Pro with all updates as of today.

If I install Windows 10 Creators Update I know that i have the option to keep Files and Apps, but will I need to re-install all my programs/software ?

If its going to delete them then its a no go, it will take far too long and just not worth it for an update

thanks

:)

Rick Deckard, Apr 11, 2017

2. Creators Update

Hi,

You could try to execute those programs with Compatibility mode... anyway, it would be better to contact the software house of each application and ask for a new version compatible with the latest build of Windows 10.

In the meantime, in order to prevent Creators Update from installing on your pc, you could follow these steps: How to prevent Windows 10 from installing the Creators Update • Pureinfotech

You should be able to get security updates with these ways.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alby

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Apr 11, 2017
  3. Icons Appear In Start Menu After Startup

Hi George,

Updating to Windows 10 Creators Update could cause the issue. We would like to ask a question to help you in resolving your issue:

• How did you install the Windows 10 Creators Update?

If you've done a clean install, it will remove the apps that are installed on your computer and will only install the apps and programs that come with the Windows 10 Creators Update. We suggest you reinstall the Windows 10 Creators Update with your computer
    connected to the internet to avoid issues. You can go to this
    link
    to successfully do a clean install in your computer.

Let us know if this helps.

Kristine Som, Apr 11, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

Will Windows 10 Creators Update delete installed programs/software ?

An in place upgrade will retain all your 3rd party stuff. I was amazed just how good the upgrade path was, even my start menu was essentially unchanged. Everything worked.

Mooly, Apr 11, 2017
Thema:

Will Windows 10 Creators Update delete installed programs/software ?

1. Will Windows 10 Creators Update delete installed programs/software ? - Similar Threads - Creators Update delete

2. Deleting Old MY Software Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Old MY Software Programs: Hi Everyone, I have a problem. I have a laptop that had My Software publishing and design programs. I hadn't use them in a long time and I forgot they were still installed in my computer when it was automatically upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. My computer was...
  3. installing the Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing the Windows 10 Creators Update: The Discussion …. Text may not appear in the Windows interface on some devices after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update...
  4. installing a program that was deleted when windows 10 was installed

installing a program that was deleted when windows 10 was installed: I have a small embroidery business in my home. I previously had Singer Professional Sew-Ware Ver.2 and lost everything. Now i cannot get it to install at all. Why?...
  5. creator update installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update installed: Minor problems, (or annoyances), after installing. 1 problem remains, I play dominoes on playdrift, after update of creator now all the dominoes flash when they move, very annoying, game plays correctly. Did update change something causing this, did edge change something....
  6. Windows 10 Creators uninstall program automatically and block install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Creators uninstall program automatically and block install: Hi. Guys, I have serious problems here. Windows 10 creators update unistalled my old version of Firebird Program without my consent! More than that, after the update/upgrade, windows 10 creators is blocking any attempt to reinstall the program! I have already check te...
  7. Installing programs extremely slow on fall creators update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing programs extremely slow on fall creators update!: After fall creators bug am doing clean install of win 10 pro on all pc's in the house, as wasn't able to recover/save/get out of endles BSOD/GSOD loop. Still working on dual xeon workstation here, using standard windows creation usb in uefi mode. Clean install on ssd (samsung...
  8. Windows 10 Creators Update - Clean installation

Windows 10 Creators Update - Clean installation: I just received Windows 10 Creators Update, and I also want to perform a clean installation, but does the Windows 10 download right now from Microsoft website contains this update? Or I will have to do a clean install, and then wait a bit (a few days, hours?), or, I will be...
  9. Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation

Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation: After Microsoft pushes the Windows 10 Creators update, is it then possible to make de installation silent? I've tried de manual update, but you'll get the 'Welcome to Windows 10!' screen... The reason I want to do this, is because I've got a lot of customers with Win 10...
  10. Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update search not pulling up installed programs... HELP!!!: Hey guys, I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 build 1703 (Creators update) and I am on the latest update as of July 19 2017. I have one big problem, Cortana search doesn't seem to pull up installed programs like VLC or 7-Zip whenever i type the names in. Also if I...