Windows 10: Will Windows 10 keep all my applications, like outlook and Word Perfec

Discus and support Will Windows 10 keep all my applications, like outlook and Word Perfec in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi. If my past experiences with all the Windows incarnations are true, this new version is going to erase all my drivers, programs (like Word Perfect,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by callecuba, Aug 7, 2015.

1. callecuba Win User

Will Windows 10 keep all my applications, like outlook and Word Perfec

Hi. If my past experiences with all the Windows incarnations are true, this new version is going to erase all my drivers, programs (like Word Perfect, Outlook, antivirus, etc., so, my question is: is W10 so good that I do no have to be worried about to lose any of my drivers and applications? (The history is that in all cases I did have to reinstall all my applications).

:)

callecuba, Aug 7, 2015
  2. PZELE Win User

my cut and paste is not working

my cut and paste is not working in any application, not from my outlook, not on my word documents, not from the Microsoft edge, excel, all...

Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10.

PZELE, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10, applications loading before I login

That is the thing, it is not reopning Outlook or Chrome etc. It is simply "prestarting" my startup items. Applications I had open like Outlook, Chrome, Word etc. are not started. Which is what I wanted.

Normally if Windows restarts itself for Updates etc. it will resume apps like Outlook etc. This is a user initiated restart, upon Windows starting up to the login screen waiting for me to supply my password, the tray area apps (startup applications) are

Ninj4Chipmunk, Aug 7, 2015
  4. gator2013 Win User

Best I can do is relate my experience from 7/29/15 when I updated to W10 on my 6 month old HP Notebook.(8.1)

My laptop is basically my backup for my much more extensive desktop but all applications including 3rd party programs were intact and functional. No problem with my AV (Norton), Malwarebytes, REVO Pro, Macrium, and Windows Mail App. The transition to W10 was rather smooth but I still have lot's of errors with any Restart but nothing that crashes the PC or BSOD. The errors with Restart seem to be getting less and less as the days go by but still 30+ with any Restart. I can't speak for things like Office or WordPerfect.

My best recommendation would be to make sure all your current programs/applications are running the latest version and go to product web sites to look for information as to compatibility with W10. I would strongly recommend you have current backups for everything just in case.

gator2013, Aug 7, 2015
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Welcome to the forum.

If you are doing a clean install you will of course have to install all applications. That is inherent in a clean install.

An upgrade should preserve applications, drivers, etc. But to be safe you should have an image backup, just in case something goes wrong. It is possible that some applications may not be compatible with Windows 10. In some cases an application is compatible but needs to be reinstalled.

Always have a backup of your data. Doing something like an OS upgrade without a backup is foolish.

LMiller7, Aug 7, 2015
  6. gator2013 Win User
    Additionally, before installing and setup of W10 I highly recommend you read some of the most recent articles regarding security with W10. It has the potential to be an eavesdropping nightmare by default if not setup accordingly.

Do not use Express Install!

gator2013, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Dch48 Win User
    I did an upgrade from 8.1 and everything was preserved. Even most of the OS settings I had in 8.1 were carried over.

Dch48, Aug 7, 2015
  8. AlanWade Win User

Everything was preserved with me but I did have to run a 'Repair' on Microsoft Office 365 as it lost the registration for some reason.

AlanWade, Aug 7, 2015
  9. Chuck38 Win User
    Everything will remain untouched. However, before updating your PC it is always a good idea to back up any and all your important files. *Smile

Happy upgrading!
    -Chuck

Chuck38, Aug 7, 2015
  10. chiko Win User
    I had the exact same problem with office and had to dig out my activation code. Quicken works and that is the main reason I still run Windows at all.

chiko, Aug 7, 2015
  11. callecuba Win User
    Thanks to you all for your answers. It is good to know that this Windows is almost AI... *Smile

callecuba, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Will Windows 10 keep all my applications, like outlook and Word Perfec - Similar Threads - keep applications outlook

2. It was not like that in Word????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It was not like that in Word????: The cursor moves slowly when I hold the spacebar or left arrow button in Word? I might add this is in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-was-not-like-that-in-word/5bfdf948-6509-4d90-ba50-4f9d0447b46b
  3. It was not like that in Word????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It was not like that in Word????: The cursor moves slowly when I hold the spacebar or left arrow button in Word? I might add this is in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-was-not-like-that-in-word/5bfdf948-6509-4d90-ba50-4f9d0447b46b
  4. It was not like that in Word????

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...: Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the last week? Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-have-all-of-my-applications-excel-word/9b878bcc-e54a-49f7-89a6-5ca61a4b1722
  6. Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...: Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the last week? Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-have-all-of-my-applications-excel-word/9b878bcc-e54a-49f7-89a6-5ca61a4b1722
  7. Why have all of my applications excel, word, powerpoint and outlook stopped working in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. word application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    word application: Hi , I've got a problem in my WORD app , it is always appear a message of an error in the application that prevent word from working , and then I am forced to choose " repair now " option or " cancel " , I have tried a lot of ways but it is not working at all !please help me...
  9. Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jumping Cursor in Word and Outlook Windows 10: I have just bought a lenovo laptop Since buy i have been plagued by a jumping cursor in Word and Outlook e mail. I can be typing and the Cursor suddendly jumps to another part of the page and because you are not looking at the screen a lot of tying has to be constantly...
  10. Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Application Error in Word or Outlook when browsing network Drive: Not sure if this is Office related, or otherwise due to the faulting module being Windows.UI.FileExplorer.dll I have begun experiencing Application Errors from both Word and Outlook on multiple computers when browsing a network drive. This is happening intermittently, but...