Windows 10: Will Windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work?

Discus and support Will Windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thanks all for the information. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ivan4you, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Ivan4you Win User

Will Windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work?

Thanks all for the information.

Ivan4you, Jan 20, 2016
  2. cereberus Win User

Thank you for that. It basically means you can get a 10 licence only using an 8.1 Pro upgrade key which is interesting as you cannot install 8.1 Pro using an upgrade key only.

I could not see anything in EULA that specifically says you cannot use an upgrade key in this manner, although it 'feels' wrong.

I guess MS are more interested in getting people to switch to Windows 10.

Funnily enough just before I saw your reply, I saw a post on another forum where a person confirmed he had clean installed 10 pro on a new PC, using a 7 Pro key to activate it.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Will Windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work?

1. Will Windows 8.0 pro upgrade key work? - Similar Threads - pro upgrade key

2. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  3. Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8 pro product key not working for Microsoft 365: Hi, I bough a new laptop and Microsoft is asking me to purchase Microsoft Apps I need to use Word and Excel. I tried my current Windows 8 Pro license but it did not work. Any ideas how I can still use an old license and have access to Word and Excel?ThanksCris...
  4. 0 key not working on windows 10

0 key not working on windows 10: I've been having an issue that just started today with my 0 key not working all of a sudden when windows is booted up weird thing is when it prompts for my pin to login the 0 key works but once I'm booted in it doesn't respond even if I turn off the keyboard my on screen...
  5. windows !0 free upgrade product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows !0 free upgrade product key: i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-0-free-upgrade-product-key/260f18fb-dab5-4c5d-ae83-2daac0a34aec
  6. windows !0 free upgrade product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows !0 free upgrade product key: i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-0-free-upgrade-product-key/260f18fb-dab5-4c5d-ae83-2daac0a34aec
  7. windows !0 free upgrade product key

8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Windows 8 Pro Lisence Key: Hello! I have one quick question: Is it still possible to use an old Windows 8 Pro license to upgrade my Windows 10 to professional? I saw in articles online that it was possible but when I went to activation and put in the Product Key in my email from when I bought Windows...
  9. windows 8 pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 8 pro upgrade: my laptop came with windows 8 pro . what I understand is that windows 8 key is preset in BIOS. But when i upgraded to widnows 10 it upgraded to Home edition. I tried going to " upgrade to windows 10 pro" in microsoft store. but its asking me for key. what should i do....
  10. Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows 8 Pro key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hello, I have 2 laptops, one old(1st) and other new(2nd). The 1st laptop had Windows 7 Home pre-installed which was later upgraded to Windows 8 Pro through Windows 8 Upgrade Offer. This again was upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free. The 2nd PC came with Windows 10 Home...