Windows 10: Will Windows work on a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4GIGs of Ram

Discus and support Will Windows work on a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4GIGs of Ram in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4gigs of Ram running Windows 7 Professional. I have a 465GB HD with 356 GB free. Will windows 10 pro work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tippy, Aug 6, 2015.

1. tippy Win User

Will Windows work on a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4GIGs of Ram

Hello,
    I have a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4gigs of Ram running Windows 7 Professional. I have a 465GB HD with 356 GB free. Will windows 10 pro work?

thanks in advance.

:)

tippy, Aug 6, 2015

2. Bluetooth completely gone after WIn10 upgrade...

I actually used this same driver for my dell xps m1530 laptop which is even older so I suspect it will work for all dell (broadcom) bluetooth modules

Head2Beach, Aug 6, 2015
  3. My microphone is not longer working on my laptop after upgrading to Windows 10.

Just to add the my mic has stopped too since upgrading. Mine is a Dell XPS m1530 laptop. Any help would be appreciated. Noticed this whilst trying to configure Skype to work.

Joel Dubois

JoelDubois, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Most likely possible. I installed Win10 on a Dell Studio 17/1747 a couple of days ago that had Win7. Have also installed it on 2 Dell Inspiron 15 Notebooks, just finished one. One thing to watch for is perhaps the need for updated/Win10 compatible drivers for Wireless Network and, if you have it, Bluetooth Wireless [both of my 15s needed it] but check support.dell.com with your Service Tag to be sure.

Berton, Aug 6, 2015
  5. tippy Win User
    Berton thanks a lot for your post. I'm surprised that dell will still support my laptop since I purchased it in 2009. I will check for the Bluetooth wirless drivers.

tippy, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    I didn't look up the age of that unit, it may not have a Bluetooth adapter, usually a part of the Wireless/Wi-Fi adapter. In most cases Win10 can work fine installed over Win7 but there still may be driver issues if not built into Win10. My Dell Studio 17/1747 is every bit as old as yours, first review I read was in Dec. 2009.

Berton, Aug 6, 2015
  7. tippy Win User
    Dell is not confirming support of XPS M1530 laptop to work with Windows 10. No drivers available. Hopefully it will still work.

tippy, Aug 6, 2015
  8. tamo Win User

I'm going to try an upgrade on a 6 year old Acer lappy . just have to wait and see

tamo, Aug 6, 2015
  9. Back up your system first, save any tears

Torquemada, Aug 6, 2015
  10. jojykk Win User
    I upgraded to win 10 but the blue tooth does nit work any advice on how to get it to work?

jojykk, Feb 2, 2016
  11. my dell latitude e6410 runs windows 10 pro just fine

pitbullpup, Feb 2, 2016
  12. jojykk Win User
    What driver did you use for the blue tooth? can you share the link with me. I am looking for the M1530 bluetooth driver for Win 10.... any ideas where i can get it?

jojykk, Feb 2, 2016
  13. mrgeek Win User

My orig 8.1 did not come with Bluetooth. After upgrading to 10, I bought one of these, plugged it in and drivers were automatically installed. Works fine for transfefring files from phone to PC -
    Amazon.com: Kinivo BTD-300 Bluetooth 3.0 Low Energy USB adapter - For Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista, Mac OS 10.3.9 or Later: Computers Accessories

mrgeek, Feb 2, 2016
  14. jojykk Win User
    jojykk, Feb 2, 2016
  15. I haven't changed any drivers for windows 10. course I don't really use Bluetooth. might have to see if my phone will sync with it to know if it is working or not.

pitbullpup, Feb 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Will Windows work on a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with 4GIGs of Ram - Similar Threads - Dell XPS M1530

2. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  3. Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS - Wifi driver not working: Hi,I have a Dell XPS, the wifi driver is not working. I have been in contact with both Dell and Intel about this. Intel advised that I should download the Dell driver rather than the generic driver provided by Intel. However, it seems that a Microsoft driver is being...
  4. Dell XPS Touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell XPS Touchscreen not working: Hi everyone!I have saw some posts regarding the Dell XPS 9310 and others that have touchscreen but suddenly it doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 or Windows 11.Like this post was locked, I couldn't answer to it...
  5. Dell XPS Touchscreen not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell XPS Touchscreen not working: Hi everyone!I have saw some posts regarding the Dell XPS 9310 and others that have touchscreen but suddenly it doesn't work anymore in Windows 10 or Windows 11.Like this post was locked, I couldn't answer to it...
  6. Webcam and TouchScreen are not working in Dell XPS 12 9Q23 laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam and TouchScreen are not working in Dell XPS 12 9Q23 laptop: Webcam and Touchscreen are not working , Basically both the device are not showing in the Device manager . Tried different options like below : 1. Reinstalled the window 2. Updated the window 3. Checked the device driver on the device page...
  7. Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working

Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop microphone not working: Hi Community! I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a brand new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop running Windows 10. The internal microphone doesn't work. Since I have to do all my work from home, I had to buy an external microphone and it works just fine. I've spent at least 30...
  8. Will Windows 10 run on a Dell XPS M140 Laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Windows 10 run on a Dell XPS M140 Laptop?: This is talking about if Windows 10 will work on an Dell XPS M140 Laptop or not... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-windows-10-run-on-a-dell-xps-m140-laptop/2c3b8582-4597-4e13-b5f2-98c04e2390bf
  9. Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!

Dell XPS Laptop CPU Slow!: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop model 9360 with 16gb RAM and 512gb SSD @ Intel I7-7500u with max of 2.70GHz and Turbo Boost to 3.50GHz. I don't know why the processor maxes out at 2.18GHz and the utilization rate never passes 75%...I doubled checked that Intel...
  10. Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell not supporting XPS M1530 laptop upgrade to Windows 10: *ConfusedHello All, I'm not sure if I am in the right forum, if not please let me know. I have a Dell laptop XPS 1530 with 4 gigs of ram running windows 7 professional. I have all the notices from MS that Windows 10 is on my laptop awaiting installation. I found out that...