Windows 10: Wimboot is not desired

Discus and support Wimboot is not desired in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I stop Windows 10 from installing into Windows image file boot (WIMBoot), without formatting?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ruma Bhadra, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Wimboot is not desired

How can I stop Windows 10 from installing into Windows image file boot (WIMBoot), without formatting?

:)

Ruma Bhadra, Jul 31, 2018

2. Optimize-WindowsImage -OptimizationTarget WIMBoot

Optimize-WindowsImage -OptimizationTarget WIMBoot

АлександрРобинович, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Kyhi Win User
    Clean install with WIMBoot & delete recovery partition

Sorry, but this is totally wrong assumption.....

Wimboot uses the Recovery Partition and Recovery Image (Install.wim) as its file source....
    The only thing on the C drive are the pointers to the files contained within the install.wim..
    So on a Wimboot PC removing the Recovery, Removes the OS..

Windows 10 does not support wimboot and with a 32 GB drive not really required either...

Without Question - do as suggested above about the drivers

then

YES, You can remove every partition and Clean Install windows 10 .
    As that tablet is no longer using wimboot anyway, since the win10 upgrade

4. Wimboot is not desired

How do you reinstall windows on a windows tablet that uses wimboot?

Resetting this tablet doesn't work, because even if i do that i still have random corruption problems, i want to delete the operating system and reinstall from usb , i just need help to get it reinstalled with wimboot compression. Isn't windows 10 wimboot
    different from windows 8.1 wimboot by that you don't need a separate partition for the wimboot images? So can i reinstall windows 10 from a usb flash drive and not need a special wimboot version?

MichaelWeaser, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Wimboot is not desired

1. Wimboot is not desired - Similar Threads - Wimboot desired

2. New OS User / Desire to Change Default Setting For Saved Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New OS User / Desire to Change Default Setting For Saved Files: To whom can help,I recently onboarded to a small business. I was issued a laptop from a previous employee. I keep running into issues when I go to save files that the default location is a profile under the OS C Drive. For example, I have a scanning software that defaults to...
  3. New OS User / Desire to Change Default Setting For Saved Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New OS User / Desire to Change Default Setting For Saved Files: To whom can help,I recently onboarded to a small business. I was issued a laptop from a previous employee. I keep running into issues when I go to save files that the default location is a profile under the OS C Drive. For example, I have a scanning software that defaults to...
  4. All my games are suddenly fullscreen, but windowed borderless mode is desired.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my games are suddenly fullscreen, but windowed borderless mode is desired.: Previously, all my games have been defaulted to windowed borderless mode without tampering with settings, it was always like this which is how I like it. Recently, I launched Skyrim through Steam, and used GeForce Experience'sI have a 1070 card "Optimize" button for Skyrim,...
  5. All my games are suddenly fullscreen, but windowed borderless mode is desired.

All my games are suddenly fullscreen, but windowed borderless mode is desired.: Previously, all my games have been defaulted to windowed borderless mode without tampering with settings, it was always like this which is how I like it. Recently, I launched Skyrim through Steam, and used GeForce Experience'sI have a 1070 card "Optimize" button for Skyrim,...
  6. In fullscreen mode in chome tab I encountered an inability to perform the desired transition.

In fullscreen mode in chome tab I encountered an inability to perform the desired transition.: When attempting to switch from a normal screen to fullscreen in chome tab using the alt+tab combination while having another screen already in fullscreen mode activated with F11, I encountered an inability to perform the desired transition....
  7. No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting.: Is there a way to stop windows 10 from installing into "WIMBOOT" mode, without formatting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/no-wimboot-mode-without-formatting/04352edc-1887-4856-ab4c-625cbbc266b5
  8. WIMBoot - no longer needed for a compressed Windows 10 install?

WIMBoot - no longer needed for a compressed Windows 10 install?: Apologies if this has already been asked, there are discussions about upgrading from aWIMBoot installation of 8.1 but nothing I could find about actually using WIMBoot with Windows 10. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home via the ISO, and along with the ~500MB and...
  9. Clean install with WIMBoot & delete recovery partition

Clean install with WIMBoot & delete recovery partition: I bought a 2nd hand Lenovo Idea pad 100s netbook. It has 32gb eMMC storage. It has WIMBoot. It came with Win10 but has the old owners profile so I want to reinstall a clean copy of windows 10 from usb that I downloaded from Microsoft. 2 questions: 1. Can I delete the...
  10. Upgrade for Win 8.1 Update WIMBoot Installations to Win 10

Upgrade for Win 8.1 Update WIMBoot Installations to Win 10: Do we know what will happen with users who have a WIMBoot Installation (aka compressed) installation of Windows 8.1 Update on their system? Will they get the update like the others or will they have to create their own Windows 10 WIMBootinstallation? edit: typo 6484

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wimboot windows 10 docs