Windows 10: WIn 10 10586 64 Pro Slow Share Access over SMB and ReadyNAS 516

Discus and support WIn 10 10586 64 Pro Slow Share Access over SMB and ReadyNAS 516 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a share mapped to my ReadyNAS 516 to all of my media over SMB. There are multiple directories in that share from small to large. Every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by guyp2k, Nov 11, 2015.

1. guyp2k Win User

WIn 10 10586 64 Pro Slow Share Access over SMB and ReadyNAS 516

I have a share mapped to my ReadyNAS 516 to all of my media over SMB. There are multiple directories in that share from small to large. Every time I access that share from Windows 10 I get the green progress bar and it takes forever to cache and populate explorer - even when I click on a file I receive the slow green bar refresh. I assumed this would index/cache once but it happens every single time and curious if this is a Win 10 issue and a readyNAS issue.

:)

guyp2k, Nov 11, 2015
  2. HenkBreewel, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Network Computers missing on some computers (9 networked together)

This is because the Master Browser of the SMB network works properly. So the first machine you turn on becomes Master Browser, but all the other machines can't seem to find network shares.

Turning off SMB 2/3 worked for me, BTW, but I don't want to lose the features of SMB 3.

See more here:

Cannot connect to CIFS / SMB / Samba Network Shares & Shared Folders in Windows 10 after update 1511/10586

That link goes to a vibrant discussion and troubleshooting of the new troubles that Windows 10 10586 has brought into SMB shares.

R. Hansen_690, Nov 11, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

It is a Windows problem. Windows wants to keep re-indexing the drive and cache when it attempts to load large drive shares. Even most NAS will take forever to load from, if the hardware is not powerful enough.

You could try and use WinSCP to access the share and see if that speeds things up. I use on my iPhone FileExplorer and FTP Manager as "Man in the Middle" transfers from one of the computers to my NAS, or from the NAS to a cloud drive.

bro67, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

1. WIn 10 10586 64 Pro Slow Share Access over SMB and ReadyNAS 516 - Similar Threads - 10586 Pro Slow

2. Can't access ReadyNas 104

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access ReadyNas 104: I recently purchased a new PC with Windows 10. I am unable to map any network drives of my ReadyNas 104. The NAS is listed in 'File Explorer' and I can access the NAS webpage. When I attempt to connect I get this error message: [ATTACH] All my other devices that connect...
  3. Unable to access SMB file sharing

Unable to access SMB file sharing: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks...
  4. Why, Microsoft?! Updates Break Network Sharing Over & Over & Over Win 10 Pro 1809

Why, Microsoft?! Updates Break Network Sharing Over & Over & Over Win 10 Pro 1809: This is more of a rant than anything else, but if anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. Unless & until MS fixes whatever it is in the Cumulative Updates that breaks permissions, I'd love a simple guaranteed way to quickly resolve this on my end. In the name of all that's...
  5. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access: Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder. I get the error message Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem. 0x80070035 The network path...
  6. Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro

Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro, 64-bit system. I'm trying to connect to a share drive which i certain that I have access to. When I tried to map the network drive, it popped up error and showed the error code: 0x80070043. I have the same issue with connecting a share...
  7. Can't share files on Win 10 Pro 64 machine

Can't share files on Win 10 Pro 64 machine: I have a home network that used to work fine. Recently I had to replace my main desktop (win10 pro 64) and now I can't seem to set the new machine up to play nice with the others. Here's the main components in the network: Desktop Win 10 Pro 64 bit Wired to LAN Notebook Win...
  8. Update 10586 not installing on 10 Pro 64 bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update 10586 not installing on 10 Pro 64 bit: I'm on a computer that I don't use that much and I noticed that Windows Update has the 10586 update queued up, but it doesn't actually install when I restart the computer. I get the options of update and restart, but it doesn't actually do it. Other updates (defender)...
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary update -- SMB shares not available over VPN

Windows 10 Anniversary update -- SMB shares not available over VPN: All my laptops have been updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary update. They all connected correctly to the NAS device that uses the SMB connectivity, when connected to the same network. Whenever any are out of the office, they connect to the network over VPN. Then, they can...
  10. Win 10 Pro AU 1607 cannot authenticate to SMB share

Win 10 Pro AU 1607 cannot authenticate to SMB share: Since installing Win 10 Pro AU 1607 I can no longer authenticate to a local SMB share. My laptop is still on 1511 and it is able to authenticate just fine. Same LAN, same SMB share. The only difference is my desktop is 1607. Every time I try to authenticate it gives...