Windows 10: Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen?

Discus and support Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just want a clean Spotlight lockscreen, no ads, no tips. Is it still possible this on Windows 1803 playing with the registry? 111741 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hexaae, Jun 7, 2018.

1. hexaae Win User

Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen?

I just want a clean Spotlight lockscreen, no ads, no tips.
    Is it still possible this on Windows 1803 playing with the registry?

:)

hexaae, Jun 7, 2018
  2. TAweigh Win User

Turn off comments on Windows Spotlight?

I've 1) Chosen None for the detailed status app 2) Changed Local Group Policy to not show Windows Tips in

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Cloud Content\Do not show Windows Tips and 3) Switched Lock Screen to Picture, turned off "Show fun facts, tips and more" rebooted and turned Spotlight back on.

None of those steps are working to disable the annoying and intrusive text comments that have suddenly become a feature of Windows Spotlight, which I had been enjoying up until now. Microsoft, please provide an option to just see the pictures, not "What
    can be cuter than this baby sloth," and "Did you know that blah blah blah?"

TAweigh, Jun 8, 2018
  3. mehdipk Win User
    how disable frequent list in win 10 ?

how disable frequent list in win 10 ?

mehdipk, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen?

1. Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen? - Similar Threads - 1083 disable facts

2. Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO": I have been searching for an answer to this for some time. None of the registry or power or display setting changes made a difference. I went back into my Sony VAIO manual and it said the light sensor controlled the backlit keyboard and it said that could be changed by going...
  3. Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1083 update repeated failures: I have had many failed attempts to install 1083 update. Ran update troubleshooter. Takes HOURS to download then hours to install restart. Fails every time. Automatically attempts reinstall over and over again. I do not want it. Slows computer down. I want to ignore it but...
  4. Access Blocked on 1083 build

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Blocked on 1083 build: Having updated to 1083,I have been having issues with Windows Defender Security in as much I have had to disable it just to load an Epson scanner and printer the printer installed okay but when trying to install scanner I ran into a brick wall and found that by disabling WD...
  5. win 1709 spotlight in lock screen

win 1709 spotlight in lock screen: Mine is not working;is anyone else having the same issue? 99367
  6. Keeping users from disabling Spotlight

Keeping users from disabling Spotlight: I am having trouble with students being able to change their lock screen image to whatever they want. I have already looked at group policy and tried enabling the "Prevent changing lock screen image" policy. This does reset the image to the default beach lock screen image...
  7. how to LOGINTO win 10 "without SPOTLIGHT" and just the Photo login .

how to LOGINTO win 10 "without SPOTLIGHT" and just the Photo login .: I'm at a loss of trying to get something worked out here .. When I reboot the PC and it then ( or it USED to ) default to the photo of either The Beach scene thru a circular Rock.. or a Bike racing down a steep hill .. But instead it defaults to one of my three log in family...
  8. Lock screen fun facts and tips...

Lock screen fun facts and tips...: hi, I have my lock screen set to “picture” I have the setting for get more fun facts tips... set to on.. When I lock the pc the fun facts and tips do not show... Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thank You 104037
  9. tip

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    tip: I had to upgrade my hdd to a 6TB from a 3TB and it worked but what if you mobo goes out in warranty... diff serial on the mobo may not be recognized by digital license. It never hurts to have it just in case. Just so you understand(I realize reading a post is not the same...
  10. Win 10 Optimize Drives say I have SSD when in fact it is a HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Optimize Drives say I have SSD when in fact it is a HDD: I was curious to see if my C: drive needed defragmenting so I opened Optimize Drives to find that my C: and partition D: all part of the same HDD are labeled as Solid State Drive but I do not have any *Shock. As can be seen from the screenshot The Analyze and Optimize buttons...