Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen?

Discus and support Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just want a clean Spotlight lockscreen, no ads, no tips. Is it still possible this on Windows 1803 playing with the registry? 111741 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hexaae, Jun 7, 2018.

1. hexaae Win User

I just want a clean Spotlight lockscreen, no ads, no tips.
    Is it still possible this on Windows 1803 playing with the registry?

:)

hexaae, Jun 7, 2018
  2. TAweigh Win User

Turn off comments on Windows Spotlight?

I've 1) Chosen None for the detailed status app 2) Changed Local Group Policy to not show Windows Tips in

Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Cloud Content\Do not show Windows Tips and 3) Switched Lock Screen to Picture, turned off "Show fun facts, tips and more" rebooted and turned Spotlight back on.

None of those steps are working to disable the annoying and intrusive text comments that have suddenly become a feature of Windows Spotlight, which I had been enjoying up until now. Microsoft, please provide an option to just see the pictures, not "What
    can be cuter than this baby sloth," and "Did you know that blah blah blah?"

TAweigh, Jun 8, 2018
  3. mehdipk Win User
    how disable frequent list in win 10 ?

how disable frequent list in win 10 ?

mehdipk, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen? - Similar Threads - 1083 disable facts

2. Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support

in Windows 10 News
    Pixelbook may be the only Chromebook on the market to get Windows 10 support: The reports have revealed that Google might start playing nice with Microsoft’s OS sometime in the future by allowing its Pixelbook to boot Windows 10. Google is working on a rumoured “Campfire” which is an alt-OS mode and it could allow users to dual boot Windows 10 on...
  3. Why Windows 10 sucks?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Windows 10 sucks?: Metro interface is annoying. Remember nice and simple menu from Windows 7 where you coan find everything always in the same place? Yes, that was nice... Now we got a nightmare - weird vision of a mad MS programmer. Who was complaining about old-style menu? Do not know anyone....
  4. How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence: I have several folders of mixed photos and videos. Currently they’re manually sorted as I want them, in the order of their creation regardless of filetype (IMG or MOV). If I sort them temporarily on another column (e.g. Comments or Tags) then I have no way of returning to the...
  5. services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    services policy naming conventions in WIndows 10 updates: recently I had to re-install windows 10 due to some issues I was having. After doing so, I noticed and documented several services that had a new naming convention. Specifically, the new suspicious services had names that included a series of lowercase alpha numeric...
  6. GTX 1060 3gb cause Window 10 crash.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GTX 1060 3gb cause Window 10 crash.: I just install GTX 1060 3gb card; and it crash when ever playing Civic 6 for just a few minutes. the game will freeze. mouse key board will not respond. need to press power button to restart window. can anyone help please....
  7. Windows 10 Home in S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home in S Mode: Hi, Please let me know how to disable Windows 10 Home in S Mode? Already I followed following steps: Microsoft Store App > In the app, search for "switch out of s mode" On the Switch out of S mode, selected Get button but it says unable to upgrade Try again. Let me...
  8. Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarts after being idle for more than 5 minutes: This issue started to happen this afternoon. My power setting had always been high performance, 5 mins before display off and never go to sleep. And starting this afternoon, everytime my computer is idle for 5 mins and the display turns off, the computer restarts itself....
  9. A shell command? How does that work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A shell command? How does that work?: DaveM121 showed (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/solvedhow-can-i-run-timeexe-from-a-command-prompt/06ae47c8-47b7-4207-9c34-26b3d714b6d2) that, if I want to run this: "C:\Program...
  10. Unable to unlock the laptop (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to unlock the laptop (Windows 10): I tried to disable the username/password to unlock my laptop using the "netplwiz". When I un-check the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer", a new window came and asked the password. I have typed my account password (I just realized now, that...