Windows 10: Win 10 1607 mouse(touchpad) lag

Discus and support Win 10 1607 mouse(touchpad) lag in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated my windows from 1511 to 1607 and my laptop's touchpad is lagging.Can anyone help? I tried to disabling and enabling drivers but now worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shubham26, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Shubham26 Win User

Win 10 1607 mouse(touchpad) lag

I updated my windows from 1511 to 1607 and my laptop's touchpad is lagging.Can anyone help?
    I tried to disabling and enabling drivers but now worked
    The mouse works perfectly when I play some video or music in background *Sad

:)

Shubham26, Jun 16, 2018

2. Touchpad mouse pointer lag

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access touchpad after being upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you to resolve this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to touchpad settings/ corrupted drivers.

I suggest you to connect external mouse to your device as touchpad is not working and check if it is working. If so follow the below steps.

Method 1: Run Hardware troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Write Troubleshooting
      in the search box and hit Enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and Enable.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Win 10 1607 mouse(touchpad) lag

Mouse Lag

Hi,

Mouse lag and touchpad issues may occur due to damaged cables, outdated drivers, and more. To rectify those concerns, we suggest that you refer to this

article
    where you'll find troubleshooting steps suitable for mouse, touchpad, and keyboard issues.

If you're going to update your driver, we suggest that you do it manually instead of letting Windows search for an updated driver automatically. Here's how you can do it:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver from there.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Mice and other pointing device, then the mouse
      driver name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click on the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the driver you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 1607 mouse(touchpad) lag

1. Win 10 1607 mouse(touchpad) lag - Similar Threads - 1607 mouse touchpad

2. Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing: Hi,I have HP Pavilion 15 laptop with Windows 11, I use ELAN Driver for the touchpad.Recently, The touchpad seems to randomly lag or freeze, especially after clicking on the touchpad and sometimes clicking on it again stops the lagging. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall...
  3. Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Touchpad Lagging and Freezing: Hi,I have HP Pavilion 15 laptop with Windows 11, I use ELAN Driver for the touchpad.Recently, The touchpad seems to randomly lag or freeze, especially after clicking on the touchpad and sometimes clicking on it again stops the lagging. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall...
  4. Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and touchpad lags on large movements: I've been experiencing a problem with mice and cursors on windows 10, which happens anywhere using the OS, on the desktop, in browsers, in games, etc. when i move the cursor slowly, or a small amount, theres no lag, but if i quickly perform a large movement, the cursor will...
  5. Touchpad/Mouse Lag

Touchpad/Mouse Lag: I know this topic has come up a lot however, I have tried a lot of solutions here and elsewhere online and I still have issues. I have a HP ENVY Notebook - 17-n152sa. The cursor lags or stops after a few minutes then runs smoothly. I have tried these solutions: Update...
  6. Lagging Mouse in Windows 10

Lagging Mouse in Windows 10: Ok, so recently (5 days ago) i did a fresh install of my computer. Once I got everything back up and running, my mouse cursor started to lag. So, i thought, well maybe there was a corrupted file somehow, so I done it again. I actually used the "System Recovery" in Windows 10...
  7. Win 10 1607, is it needed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 1607, is it needed?: I'm using Win 10 on a PC, I mostly do video and photo editing and viewing, and the general internet browse. Is 1607 anything special, is it needed for future updates or is it more specific to touch screen users and the like? I'm new to 10, upgraded from 7, liked XP more as it...
  8. Touchpad/Mouse lag and audio beep

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad/Mouse lag and audio beep: I just switch from windows 8.1 to 10 and now I get the audio "beep" when I am using my touchpad. When the mouse moves and it lags an audio beep sounds. Turning off the audio stops the sound and when playing a video, the audio from the video is not affected. Was not happening...
  9. Win 10 1607 Restart Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 1607 Restart Issue: I am having a Win 10 1607 restart issue. In my case the PC tries to restart but the monitor screen goes black and then the monitor screen powers off. The PC keeps running but will not restart. I have to push the reset button to restart the PC. Shut down works...
  10. Downgrading from Win-10 1607 to Win-10 1511

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading from Win-10 1607 to Win-10 1511: Recently Windows 10 on my desktop PC upgraded itself to Build 1607. Immediately my Brother printer stopped working (it was removed from the list of printers and could not be reinstated). Other funny things happened too. I downgraded back to Build 1511 and the printer now...