Windows 10: Win 10 1607 takes long to log in????

Discus and support Win 10 1607 takes long to log in???? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, After upgrading to 1607, my laptop seems to take long to get into desktop screen from log in screen. The dots keep spinning in 30-40s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by albafica, Oct 2, 2016.

1. albafica Win User

Win 10 1607 takes long to log in????

Hi everyone,
    After upgrading to 1607, my laptop seems to take long to get into desktop screen from log in screen. The dots keep spinning in 30-40s before I can get into my desktop. I have already reinstalled the Anniversary Update by ISO file from Microsoft (base on UEFI, I repartitioned my HDD as well). I turned off the NVIDIA card, unchecked Auto-hide taskbar, deactived Fast boot but nothing goes fixed. Please help me *Sick Thanks.
    My laptop has i5 5200U, GT 940M

:)

albafica, Oct 2, 2016
  2. JoeNamco Win User

HOW LONG DOES UPGRADE 1607 TAKES TO DOWNLOAD?

Do you have any 3rd party virus programs installed? Is anything plugged into USB ports except KB/mouse? you may have to do a hard reset hold the power button down until system shuts down.

JoeNamco, Oct 2, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    HOW LONG DOES UPGRADE 1607 TAKES TO DOWNLOAD?

You may consider 22 Mbps to be fast, but it's not fast in other parts of the world.

How big is the upgrade - depends on what updates were previously installed. Windows 10 updates are cumulative.

Why didn't MS offer a caution regarding time required - The Windows Update Assistant advised me, right there on my screen, that it could take 90 minutes to complete.

One way to speed up the installation of any software is to remporarily disable your anti-malware software before the install commences. Don't forget to re-enable it after the install is done.

Have I made a major mistake in starting this - you may have if any of the following are true:

your hardware is not compatible with Windows 10

you have software that is not supported on Windows 10

your existing installation is misconfigured in some way

If you're confident that your hardware is compatible with Windows 10, the very best way to install any version of Windows is with a clean install. A clean install guarantees that no configuration mistakes (for which I am famous) and unsupported software
    gets carried into the new installation.

BulldogXX, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 1607 takes long to log in????

1. Win 10 1607 takes long to log in???? - Similar Threads - 1607 takes long

2. Win 10 auto update taking long time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 auto update taking long time: 4 hours into Win 10 auto update. Still 0% complete configuring. Why does this happen? Last 3 times update took hours and I had to shut it down, when I tried to reboot, I got black screen. I had to reset and lost all files....
  3. Win 10 auto update taking long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 auto update taking long time: 4 hours into Win 10 auto update. Still 0% complete configuring. Why does this happen? Last 3 times update took hours and I had to shut it down, when I tried to reboot, I got black screen. I had to reset and lost all files....
  4. Win 10 auto update taking long time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Log In takes so long.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Log In takes so long.: My computer has been logging in really slowly. When I turn off my computer, when I log in, its take like a full 5 minutes to wait for it to log in. Also when I log in my computer closes all my tabs and says it closed unexpectedly, even though I only set it to sleep....
  6. Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!: Hi, my PC (win10-1909) takes between 15 and 20 seconds to wake up after sitting idle for a while. I have to hit the space bar several times until something happens. My wife's PC, same win10 version, wakes up after about 2 seconds. Any advice where to start looking? Thanks, Ed...
  7. win.10 taking long time to boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.10 taking long time to boot up: For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal....
  8. Win 10 1607, is it needed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 1607, is it needed?: I'm using Win 10 on a PC, I mostly do video and photo editing and viewing, and the general internet browse. Is 1607 anything special, is it needed for future updates or is it more specific to touch screen users and the like? I'm new to 10, upgraded from 7, liked XP more as it...
  9. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 taking a really long time to boot: I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up. After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading...
  10. Win10 Anniversary Update - Logging in takes long time

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Anniversary Update - Logging in takes long time: I had upgraded my laptop to Win10 AU yesterday and installed updates and stuff like that. Everything is running fine However, after entering my password from the logon prompt, it would say Welcome... like for 15 to 20 seconds and then my desktop would load normally. I am...