Windows 10: Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?

Discus and support Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several computers running Win. 10! This problem only occurs on my 32bit machine, where the Left Click Mouse on Start Panel doesn't work any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Composer, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Composer Win User

Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing?

I have several computers running Win. 10!

This problem only occurs on my 32bit machine, where the Left Click Mouse on Start Panel doesn't work any longer?

Is there a ' FIX ' for this?

Thank you

:)

Composer, Mar 2, 2016

2. After Windows 10 upgrade - wrong AMD driver got installed

So now all I see is a blank screen.

The Laptop starts fine enough, the regular noise, the new Win 10 logo starts, then nothing.

When I asked about the upgrade, I was told that Win 10 said that the AMD driver needed to be updated, so the person selected 32bit, and I think it should have been 64bit driver.

Any tips be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

mrsbubbleelee, Mar 2, 2016
  3. Can I re-install/change Win 10 64 bit from Win 10 32bit? will it affect the license?

My sister bought laptop (ASUS a445ln) and she install win 8 32bit (OEM) from CD with product key included on cover. And then she upgrade it to win 8.1 32bit and win 10 32bit both of them upgraded via store. But some of her hardware is undetected by windows
    10 32bit such as touchpad and after looking for driver in support site it only provided with win 10 64bit. Can I re-install win 10 64bit with product key/serial number from win 8 32 bit?

RizqaPrabangkara, Mar 2, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Does right click at the Start button work ?
    If it does, please follow this..........................
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Mar 2, 2016
  5. Composer Win User
    Many thanks,

I'll get on to it now!

Much appreciated!

Composer, Mar 2, 2016
  6. Composer Win User
    Still no change?

Do I need to reboot now for it to take effect?

Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing? [​IMG]

Thanks

Composer, Mar 2, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Why did you run the dism ?
    Was it because the sfc /scannow gave you report #3 "Found corrupt files but unable to repair." ?

If yes, then run the sfc /scannow again. BUT this time just the sfc /scannow. Don't run the dism anymore.

davidhk, Mar 2, 2016
  8. Composer Win User

Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing? [​IMG]

I must admit I jumped straight to running the repair command.

I recall the other day & got #1, no errors found.

I now have as attached i.e. NO integrity violations found

Thanks

Composer, Mar 2, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Then, there is no need to do the dism at all.

You do not have corrupt system files.
    Your problem lies elsewhere.

My suggestion is the do a repair install.
    It will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Mar 2, 2016
  10. Composer Win User
    Looks far too involved for me!

I guess I'll just live with it unless another Auto-Upgrade comes along!

Thanks for your help!

Composer, Mar 2, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Maybe this method will change your mind. Read it over...............

Use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 ( 1st one on the list )> click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Mar 2, 2016
  12. Composer Win User
    Composer, Mar 2, 2016
  13. derekimo Win User

derekimo, Mar 2, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 2, 2016
  15. Composer Win User
    Many thanks,

To my good luck, yesterday there was an automatic Update sent and installed directly from Microsoft and it has fixed/repaired the problem.

One thing I would like to know now is how to reduce the Start Panel that was missing from Full Screen to the original smaller display I originally had?

It is possible I may have made it full screen long ago but I can't remember if I did or not, but I don't really want it now!

Many thanks guys!

Composer, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 32bit regular Start menu missing? - Similar Threads - 32bit regular Start

2. start menu missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu missing: hello there i have problem a long time *how to fix this* all in windows 10 is been success taskbar search box have 1 is start bottom is so missing before i search cmd and type sfc /scannow finish after that...
  3. start menu missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu missing: hello there i have problem a long time *how to fix this* all in windows 10 is been success taskbar search box have 1 is start bottom is so missing before i search cmd and type sfc /scannow finish after that...
  4. start menu missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Missing start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing start menu: I did the Windows 10 update, the only way the start menu will open is to right click, and classic menu opens. It like my apps are no longer on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-start-menu/d92a6a67-299a-4ce9-8b6f-c446fff2a957
  6. Missing start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing start menu: I did the Windows 10 update, the only way the start menu will open is to right click, and classic menu opens. It like my apps are no longer on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-start-menu/d92a6a67-299a-4ce9-8b6f-c446fff2a957
  7. win 8.1 start menu in win 10

win 8.1 start menu in win 10: hello, i wants a win 8.1 start menu in win 10 but i don't find any way to do thad thad wark on my pc i can't eneable tabled mode does someone have any progam or anything to do thad 175902
  8. Win 10 start menu

Win 10 start menu: I go to the start menu to shutdown, I click on the window icon the normal options appear, but before I can click on anything the start menu closes. trying this repeated gives the same issue. To shutdown I have to right click the start icon and go from there. How do I solve...
  9. Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Part of the win 10 start menu is missing when searching: So my Laptop is on the latest update but one thing i noticed whenever i type in the search bar, the left part of the start menu goes missing (where the sign in, settings and feedback buttons are when your searching for something) Instead it shows whatever is on the forefront...
  10. missing start menu

missing start menu: Start menu and taskbar missing from Windows 10 tried task manager, powershell, etc. nothing works, any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/missing-start-menu/dc11fbd5-343b-4ef3-8758-e34d5f8e9b46