Windows 10: Win 10 64, Unknown error while installing intel chipset driver + Logs

Discus and support Win 10 64, Unknown error while installing intel chipset driver + Logs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on a brand new Win 10 installation and trying to update the drivers, while updating to the latest version (10.1.1.14) i get an error with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hatemf23, Dec 10, 2016.

1. hatemf23 Win User

Win 10 64, Unknown error while installing intel chipset driver + Logs

I'm on a brand new Win 10 installation and trying to update the drivers, while updating to the latest version (10.1.1.14) i get an error with the following logs. I tried updating using the driver update utility and manual download with the same result.

MB: GA-EX-58--UD3R
    CPU: i7 920

:)

hatemf23, Dec 10, 2016

2. HDMI/DVI-D problem Windows 10

Hi,

I think the chipset drivers might be the problem, I downloaded the intel driver update utility tool, but after running it, it says "no driver found for Win 10, 64 bit" and if i search manually i can't find the chipset drivers for Windows 10 either.

Saitama1992, Dec 10, 2016
  3. AdivPasha Win User
    Intel Update

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro.

I had an update for my Chipset from Intel Driver Update Utility and tried to install it, but a message - "Unknown error." - appeared

and I don't know how to fix it and finish installing this update.

AdivPasha, Dec 10, 2016
  4. hatemf23 Win User

45 views and no reply.. atleast tell me where I can find an old version since I cant find it on the intel website or any other place.

hatemf23, Dec 11, 2016
  5. lifetec Win User
    This driver version (10.1.1.14) supports

According to the supportpage of your mobo you have this Intel® Core™ i7 Processor (1st generation) and X58 Chipset support .
    It appears both processor and chipset are not supported in this version.

lifetec, Dec 11, 2016
  6. hatemf23 Win User
    I don't suppose asking for an alternative is too much? the only older version I could find is 6 years old.

hatemf23, Dec 11, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    You can find versions of chipset files out the ying-yang at the French Website Station Drivers. Unless you're a Francophone, click the button to translate everything into English. Looks like you need the series 9 page, so here it is: Serie 9.x.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 11, 2016
  8. Win 10 64, Unknown error while installing intel chipset driver + Logs

If misery loves company, a google search shows LOTS of people with the same problem - no Windows 10 driver for X58 chipset. Not surprising when i also found Intel dropped support for the X58 in 2012. p.s. your installation logs show the installation failed because Windows couldn't find a driver to support your hardware among the drivers it found in that v10.1.1.14 release.

ComputerGeek, Dec 12, 2016
  9. hatemf23 Win User
    Thanks, I already went with the old version though because that was my only option and I wasn't sure if I was gonna get a reply here, reinstalling a later version ontop of my old one doesn't work, and I don't know how to completely remove the intel driver already installed, but I'm open to ideas..

Thanks for the clarification.

hatemf23, Dec 12, 2016
  10. aramil Win User
    Here is what Intel says about the "chipset drivers":
    • The installation of any "Intel(R) Chipset Device Software" or their included INF files is only useful, if the Device Manager shows a yellow mark at an Intel (VEN_8086) device with a "missing driver".
    • Since the newest Windows Operating systems are able to detect and to name by their own all Intel chipset devices, which were on the market at the release of the OS, there is usually no need at all and no benefit for the users to install or update the Intel chipset device INF files (often named by mistake "Intel chipset drivers").
    • Only users with a brandnew Intel chipset (from 8-Series up for Windows 7, from 9-Series up for Windows 8/8.1) or a very old Windows OS should install the latest suitable *.INF files for their specific Intel Chipset Devices to get rid from the "missing driver" message within the Device Manager.
    • Forcing the installation of a not required or already present Intel Chipset Device INF file (e.g. by using the " -overall" command) doesn't make any sense, but will blow up the user's registry and the Windows\inf folder with garbage (unused resp. unusable oemxx.inf files). Furthermore the forced installation of unusable drivers generally may overwrite actually in use other drivers and can cause degraded performance or a lack of features.

In short if you don't have a problem "device" in device manager there really is no need.

aramil, Dec 13, 2016
  11. hatemf23 Win User
    Thanks, I figured this out more or less by trial and error. I also learned that installing INF version not specific to your hardware will cause strange behavior, it marked my internal SATA drives as external. In my defense though, the latest Chipset software posted here in bold letters and the fact that intel doesn't even show old versions implied that it was a 1 package fits all, and that I just need to get the newest version. Well, the lesson is learned, the hard way.

hatemf23, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 64, Unknown error while installing intel chipset driver + Logs - Similar Threads - Unknown error while

2. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  3. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  4. Missing Intel chipset driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Intel chipset driver: Hi, my computer has been really slow recently and I am confident it is because it is missing the Intel Chipset driver. In Device Manager, the only driver in Storage Controllers is the Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller. Having run a benchmark test on my SSD, its write speed...
  5. Win10 32Bit Drivers for Intel Chipset B360

Win10 32Bit Drivers for Intel Chipset B360: There are no 32Bit drivers for the Intel Chipset inside HP Prodesk 400 Gen6's the chipset is B360. HP advised we contact Microsoft. We use legacy software in our company and the platform is unstable on 64Bit. Is there anyway of getting some drivers created for our...
  6. Cant install chipset drivers, error 1720

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant install chipset drivers, error 1720: I have been trying for the past day to install the chipset drivers for my cpu and no matter what I do, I always get the error Product: AMD_Chipset_Drivers -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete...
  7. Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?

Which version of Intel Chipset is installed?: I am running Windows 10 64bit build 18362.86. According to Device Manager (System Devices), version 10.1.1.38 is installed. When I attempt to install version 10.1.1.45, Intel install states, "A newer version is already installed. Are you sure you want to downgrade?". Is...
  8. Intel(r) Cantiga chipset a driver for Windows 10?

Intel(r) Cantiga chipset a driver for Windows 10?: I am using Windows 10(Version 1809) and I can't find the driver for my chipset - Intel(r) Cantiga chipset a. Please tell me if the driver is available and supports Windows 10. Thank You....
  9. Intel Chipset Driver (Need help to find)

Intel Chipset Driver (Need help to find): Can someone help me to find the driver for my Intel Chispet? I'm running Windows 10. The chipset's a Series 8. Thanks! 53432
  10. Could not install Intel chipset driver

Could not install Intel chipset driver: Audio not working, power management not working probably due to missing chipset driver The device manager not showing chipset information [img] The output from Speccy shows that I have Intel chipset [img] I tried installing Intel official drivers Download Intel®...