Windows 10: Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

Discus and support Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just started getting the popup message that "win 10 activation is expiring" reading some threads here I figured out that it is expiring on 3/13/18... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tikicarver, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

I just started getting the popup message that "win 10 activation is expiring"
    reading some threads here I figured out that it is expiring on 3/13/18 and it is a volume license

I bought this computer from a private seller on ebay. I'm pretty sure it was upgraded from Win-7 because
    under the battery I found a COA , it says "Win7 Pro OA"
    and it has a different product key than shown by ShowKeyPlus

I ran ShowkeyPlus, here is what it said.

ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information
    Product Name: Windows 10 Pro
    Version: 16299.248 (64-bit OS)
    Product ID: 00331-10000-00001-AA753
    Installed Key: W269N-*****-*****-4J6C9-T83GX
    OEM Key: Windows 7 OEM marker present in firmware

ShowKeyPlus - Windows Product Key Information
    Original Key: W269N-*****-*****-4J6C9-T83GX
    Original Edition: in 10 RTM Professional
    Volume: GVLK EULA Type: Volume

So now I'm not sure what to do.
    when I go to the control panel is says computer is activated.
    what can I do to get it re-activated and stop the message?

:)

tikicarver, Feb 17, 2018

2. Does Windows Operating license expire on your laptop personal computer?

Basically a expiring license indicates that the license is a Volume License Edition.

Try opening CMD with Admin Rights

Type in - slmgr -dli

This will give you the channel whether Retail or OEM or Volume etc.

Try that command and post your results.

Mostly if it is volume license, then we might have to try to reactivate it with your Windows 7 key.

Worst case scenario is if we fail to activate and if it is volume license, after the expired period Windows will automatically restart after 3 hours - Since the product is no longer active, this happens. In this case, depending upon the product key of Windows
    7, we might need to reinstall the appropriate edition of Windows 7 or 10 using the Windows 7 key

Hariharan T, Feb 17, 2018
  3. Activation

If it was activated by your organizations activation server, then it means, it is using KMS volume license requiring that you connect to the Domain or VPN into the organizations network to activate. If this does not work, then you should contact your Network
    Administrator for assistance.

Also see:

Why does Windows 10 say 'Your license will expire soon' and How to Fix It

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/49-why-does-...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 17, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

dalchina, Feb 17, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    If its volume license it doesn't activate via Microsoft it needs a local enterprise kms server. So basically you have a pirated copy as it only for enterprise customers. I would contact the seller or ebay and get a refund for a new o/s

Samuria, Feb 17, 2018
  6. If I get a non-volume product key - can i just activate with that or do I have to re-install Windows.?

tikicarver, Feb 18, 2018
  7. Samuria Win User
    Chances are it wont activate as it will be the wrong type of key but its the first thing to try if it fails the you would have to do a clean install. If you bought it in good faith then seller should pay for a genuine copy ebay , paypal or credit card would force that. It needs to be done as he may be doing this to other people and and as win10 pro cost £220 he could be making thosands with pirate software Ebay should take immediate action

Samuria, Feb 18, 2018
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Try changing the product key to the Windows 10 Pro generic product key:
    VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Then if Windows 10 Pro does not activate with a digital license, see if you can change the product key again to the one shown on the Windows 7 COA sticker.

But, yes, as stated, the seller sold you an illegitimate version of Windows 10 with the computer.

NavyLCDR, Feb 18, 2018
  9. Berton Win User
    For the OA part on the COA sticker, it means OEM Activated. Earlier stickers may have had OEMAct.

Berton, Feb 18, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    Who knows what hacks may have been done to the installed Windows to get it to work. If you're not able to get your money back, I would try a clean install. This article suggests that the CoA key should be able to activate it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...39a0559?auth=1

11. sounds like the best solution would be to download Win 7 pro from Dell and reinstall that since that is what the key under the battery is for.
    I'm assuming if I try the method suggested above (try the genic win 10 key) if it doesn't work I will be locked out of my computer.

tikicarver, Feb 18, 2018
  12. Superfly Win User
    No the generic key won't harm your installation.
    Worst case scenario, it will say 'unable to activate'. In which case the COA key will work.

(BTW: No need to install Win 7 Po... Win 10 Pro will accept the Win 7 Pro key)

Superfly, Feb 18, 2018
  13. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

both methods did not work.

1st I entered the generic win 10 key
    result - can not activate error code 0xc03f6506

then I tried the win 7 key
    'key is not valid" error code 0xc004f050

any other ideas?

tikicarver, Feb 18, 2018
  14. lx07 Win User
    Backup your data.

Clean install Windows 10 Pro and enter your 7 Pro key.

Unless your 7 key on the sticker is fake as well it will work.

There are a dozen ways to do it but you can definitely activate Windows 10 with a Windows 7 key.

15. I ran the Dell OS recovery tool. It says I can only install Win 7 pro.
    I'm guessing this laptop was delivered as a Win 7 Pro, then either it was wiped clean by the guy who sold it and he installed Win 10 with a volume license and activate it with KMS or it was updated at the company that owned it with a volume license and the guy who sold it on ebay bought it after the lease expired.

as I was searching around with some different key tools and I found out this Win 10 installation was activated almost exactly 1 year ago. So sounds like some kine of corporate license that has to be re-activated each year.

to the last post-- I can't re-install Win-10 because I don't have it. I bought this laptop used and it was already installed. I didn't get any backup disks with it.
    Why would it work with the Win7 key after a clean install if it will not active with the win7 key now?

tikicarver, Feb 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license - Similar Threads - activation expiring volume

2. Volume Licensing Agreement Expiring

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Volume Licensing Agreement Expiring: If our current volume licensing agreement were to expire, would we lose the entitlement to our current license or only the entitlement to future upgrades? Will our currently licensed systems remain licensed and working?...
  3. Volume Licensing Agreement Expiring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Licensing Agreement Expiring: If our current volume licensing agreement were to expire, would we lose the entitlement to our current license or only the entitlement to future upgrades? Will our currently licensed systems remain licensed and working?...
  4. Volume Licensing Agreement Expiring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING: AGAK GIRICreated on August 14, 2021WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOONHi, my name is ANURAG and few days ago WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOON pops on my dell laptop screen . after asking about this from microsoft community he told that the shop installed an illegal license of windows....
  6. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING: AGAK GIRICreated on August 14, 2021WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOONHi, my name is ANURAG and few days ago WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOON pops on my dell laptop screen . after asking about this from microsoft community he told that the shop installed an illegal license of windows....
  7. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can activation license be expired?

Can activation license be expired?: Hello everyone,My friend bought a custom-built pc from a retailer and he has used it for 5 years without a problem.But yesterday, he got an notification "This copy of windows is not genuine" in safe mode after a very weirdo long time to start up. My first question is Why this...
  9. Windows Activation License Expiring

Windows Activation License Expiring: I received my laptop as a gift from friends, who bought it used online from a seller who seemed reputable. Upon receiving the laptop I noticed two things - one, that one of those applications for remote access and control was downloaded, and two, that the Windows Defender...
  10. windows activation license will expire soon

windows activation license will expire soon: i have a dell inspiron 5567 for almost three years and today i got a massage every time i open the device say windows activation license will expire soon side note: i got windows 10 pro pre installed on my computer and i never installed any other copy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. certificate of authenticity of Window 10 expiring soon

2. expiring windows 10 activation key