Windows 10: WIN 10 AFTER CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME

Discus and support WIN 10 AFTER CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; GOOD DAY! Can anyone please help me? I HAD SOME TROUBLES WITH MY WIN 10, I CHANGE THE ACCOUNT NAME (E.G. JOHN TO JANE) AS THE ADMINISTRATOR USING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JiralynMasmila, Jul 25, 2018.

1. WIN 10 AFTER CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME

GOOD DAY!

Can anyone please help me? I HAD SOME TROUBLES WITH MY WIN 10, I CHANGE THE ACCOUNT NAME (E.G. JOHN TO JANE) AS THE ADMINISTRATOR USING THE “NETPLWIZ” (sort of). THEN HAD AN ERROR AFTER WARDS AND CANT OPEN MY FILES OR EVEN SOME TABS. I RESTARTED THE LAPTOP AND EVERYTHING WAS OKAY AGAIN. WHILE BROWSING SOME FOLDERS, I CAN STILL SEE THAT THE LOCAL FILES ARE STILL docs/john/foldername AND NOT MINE. Also, SOME APPS REQUIRE ME TO OPEN THEM ON SAFE MODE. How can i solve this?

THANK YOU

:)

JiralynMasmila, Jul 25, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Jul 25, 2018
  4. WIN 10 AFTER CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME

Change log-on account name?

Hi,

Follow the steps below to change or edit Local user account.

• Select the keyboard shortcut Win+X and select
      Control panel
    • Click View by and select Large icons.
    • Click User accounts and select Manage another account.
    • Select your user account (the one to edit/rename) and click Change the account user name.
    • Type correct user name, click Apply and OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

WIN 10 AFTER CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME

1. WIN 10 AFTER CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME - Similar Threads - CHANGING ACCOUNT NAME

2. Changing account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing account name: When one changes their account name in windows Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts ... isn't the name under "users" subfolder meant to change as well ?? This see image didn't work, nor can I simply rename the folder. Can anyone advise why this may be the case ?...
  3. Account name change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name change: I built a PC for a friend and signed him into Microsoft to reactivate his account. Problem is PC is for his daughter. I would like his daughters name to show as only account on PC. As of now I had to make a second admin account so she can sign in using her name. Is there any...
  4. Account name change

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name change: I built a PC for a friend and signed him into Microsoft to reactivate his account. Problem is PC is for his daughter. I would like his daughters name to show as only account on PC. As of now I had to make a second admin account so she can sign in using her name. Is there any...
  5. Account name (change it)

Account name (change it): Hi, On receiving my new PC I was prompted to install/setup W10 which I did. I have done this many times before with previous versions of Windows and on those previous occasions it asked me to name my User (the Administrator) account. If it did that this time I missed it and...
  6. Account name (change it)

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name (change it): Hi, On receiving my new PC I was prompted to install/setup W10 which I did. I have done this many times before with previous versions of Windows and on those previous occasions it asked me to name my User (the Administrator) account. If it did that this time I missed it and...
  7. Change win 10 user name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change win 10 user name: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Danny1801 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0ur6g/change_win_10_user_name/
  8. Changing Account Name After Email address change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Account Name After Email address change: Hello: I changed my email address from a .kr one to an outlook one, though they're still the same address -- just with different email boxes appended. I now can't change my name on my computer. It works online I followed the directions!, but not on the system. Would...
  9. Win 10 Network Name Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Network Name Change: I have the latest home version of Windows 10. I would like to change my network name from "Network 3" to something more meaningful to me. I have searched the internet and have found 2 solutions neither of which will work with my installed Win 10. One solution was to make a...
  10. Changing account name

Changing account name: If I use control userpasswords2 to change the username on the account I'm logged into, will that screw things up? When I did a clean install of Windows 10, logging in with a Microsoft account, it didn't allow me to choose a username, it just used the first part of my...