Windows 10: Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card

Discus and support Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a desktop computer with no wireless card running windows 10 and airplane mode which is not visible in the network settings, turns on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jrneedshelp, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card

Hi,

I have a desktop computer with no wireless card running windows 10 and airplane mode which is not visible in the network settings, turns on and disables my internet connection. The only way to fix the issue I have found so far is to restart the computer. This happens on and off through out the day.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue and if so how did you fix the issue?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

:)

jrneedshelp, Apr 6, 2017

2. How to turn on off Airplane mode in windows 10?

From
    here
    :

Airplane mode is a setting that gives you a quick way to turn off all wireless communication on your PC. As the name implies, it's especially useful when you're on an airplane.
    Wireless communication includes Wi-Fi, cellular (mobile broadband), Bluetooth, GPS or GNSS, near field communication (NFC), and all other types of wireless communication.

When airplane mode is turned on, you'll see an airplane icon
    Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card [​IMG]
    in
    the notification area of your desktop.

So If you use WiFi or Bluetooth, it must be OFF

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 6, 2017
  3. R01
    R01 Win User
    APMODEON

I have a DESKTOP, NOT A LAPTOP computer. I have a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse.

My connection to the internet is via Ethernet.

I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

After the upgrade my Ethernet connection still works and my wireless keyboard and wireless mouse still work.

However, under SETTINGS the Airplane Mode is set in the ON position and no Wireless Devices are displayed.

When I attempt to turn Airplane Mode OFF, it immediately goes directly back to the ON position.

I have tried troubleshooting the network adapter, disabling then re enabling, and rebooting the computer. No effect.

Although my wireless devices actually do work, the Airplane Mode does not work correctly.

4. MPSAN Win User

Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card

I want to know about this as well! My wife's system does this and we, too, have no wifi on her system. MS says to click the network icon and the airplane mode is a toggle. Not sure that works or why this setting is there! Mine also has it!!

MPSAN, Apr 6, 2017
Thema:

Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card

1. Win 10 Airplane mode turns on, on desktop with no wireless card - Similar Threads - Airplane mode turns

2. how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc: how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-airplane-mode-on-a-desktop-pc/0042d576-532e-4367-a32f-83be96888109
  3. how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc: how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-airplane-mode-on-a-desktop-pc/0042d576-532e-4367-a32f-83be96888109
  4. how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Airplane mode turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode turns on by itself: I cannot connect to the internet because the airplane mode turns on by itself. It occurs when I turn my computer off then, when I turn it on, itswitches to air plane mode...
  6. Airplane mode keeps turning on

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Airplane mode keeps turning on: I have been stuck on the lock screen for sometime now because the airplane mode on my computer keeps turning on which makes whatever I type disappear and now I cant even enter my password to log in...
  7. turn airplane mode off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn airplane mode off: I no longer have WIFI and cannot turn airplane mode off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-airplane-mode-off/1b9338c2-2c4a-4d36-9d01-d777628f3aa1
  8. Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off

Airplane Mode Will Not Turn Off: My laptop's flight mode is stuck on. I went to setting and it showed the switch and the text above it grey. I have tried everything to try to fix it but nothing is working as of now. I do not really post on forums much but this is urgent so i need to get it fixed as soon as...
  9. Turning off Airplane Mode

Turning off Airplane Mode: How do I turn off airplane mode on my computer, when the wifi/airplane mode icon on the taskbar does not work? (I have clicked on the wifi icon, then on "airplane mode", but nothing changes and cannot turn the mode off)....
  10. [Desktop] Airplane Mode will not turn off.

[Desktop] Airplane Mode will not turn off.: I have seen a couple other threads but none that match my specific situation. I have a desktop computer with built in WiFi and Bluetooth. I have installed the latest drivers from the MFG website (ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula). The problem is that Airplane mode will not...