Windows 10: Win 10 & 7 email client missing

Discus and support Win 10 & 7 email client missing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone: I need to be able to choose my default email client to Outlook if possible so I can have it work ok with an application that needs to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WhyMyMacJust, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Win 10 & 7 email client missing

Hi everyone: I need to be able to choose my default email client to Outlook if possible so I can have it work ok with an application that needs to 'see' the default email client in order to send emails via it
    (It sends invoices as attachment and is a Filemaker runtime solution).
    It is not showing any email client in 'default programs'
    Any suggestions gratefully received as I'm banging my head on this one!
    Kind Regards,
    Pete

:)

WhyMyMacJust, Jul 17, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Jul 17, 2017
  3. Has Windows Live Mail 2012 Stopped Working??

Is the win 7 & win 10 using the same email account?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jul 17, 2017
  4. Win 10 & 7 email client missing

Hi Pete.

When you say Outlook I just want to be sure we are talking the same thing.

There is the Windows 10 Mail app. (some have even referred to this as Outlook.)

There is the Outlook mail app that you can install on Windows 10 and phones.

There is Outlook.com which is a web portal access through a browser or other mail client.

and finally there is Outlook 20xx that is either part of Office you purchase or Office 365 that you lease.

Which Outlook do you have?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 17, 2017
  5. TechGuru Win User
    Which version of Outlook are you running? You should be able to tell by searching for "Outlook" in your start menu (as shown below)

Win 10 & 7 email client missing [​IMG]

When's the last time you've updated Office / Outlook?

TechGuru, Jul 18, 2017
  6. Hi Ken, it's the 'Mail' app in Win 10. Now, I've set it to be the default file as that is available in Win 10 it seems but, my runtime app is saying "there is no email program associated to perform the requested action (a 'send mail using default mail client action') please install an email program or create an association in default programs"
    I can open the mail app separately and it does work but my runtime app is not calling on it despite it being the default.
    Win 10 & 7 email client missing [​IMG]

Kind Regards,
    Pete

WhyMyMacJust, Jul 18, 2017
  7. Hi Pete.

The built in apps do not run like a program. I don't have all the details but is has something to do with not being able to accept data being feed to them. @dalchina wrote about this sometime ago. Maybe Dalchina will be able to explain.

If you install Thunderbird, free, it will operate as you require. You will then have decide how you want to use Thunderbird. By this I mean you could just use it as a sender or as your full time mail client.

Caledon Ken, Jul 18, 2017
  8. Win 10 & 7 email client missing

Thanks Ken and Techguru for your replies: I'll have a look at both aspects and follow them up and update here - hopefully having found a solution eventually!
    Kind Regards,
    Petr

WhyMyMacJust, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 & 7 email client missing

1. Win 10 & 7 email client missing - Similar Threads - &amp email client

2. updating email client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updating email client: hiyaim getting the following error code when updating my yahoo account0x8019019awhat does it mean and how can i fix itthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-email-client/4a7c8754-087a-4e39-9ce6-35e9ee828797
  3. set up email client Android/Win?

in Windows 10 Customization
    set up email client Android/Win?: Dear connoisseurs, how can you set up an email client on the Windows computer to retrieve mail from the Microsoft server, if you only have the email access data for an Android phone? email-Client Android/Win einrichten?
  4. Win 10 email client emptied one of my folders on it's own, ****?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 email client emptied one of my folders on it's own, ****?: This morning when I was accessing my email via Win 10 Home version, I attempted to find a email within a custom folder I labeled "receipts" where I kept copies of many online transactions from several email accounts for my business and personal online purchases. Today that...
  5. Announcing developer preview of AMP for email in Outlook.com

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing developer preview of AMP for email in Outlook.com: In March, we announced that we would have a preview to support AMP for email in Outlook.com by summer. Today, we are happy to announce that we have entered the developer preview phase. Support for the format has been rolled out but it is turned off by default. Any email...
  6. Missing Power Plans & Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Power Plans & Options: I don't now what's going on, but lots of options are missing from default balance plan and the custom power plan I created. [img] [img] - - - Updated - - - I also ran this in cmd prompt: Code: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61[/quote]...
  7. amp for win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    amp for win 10: You got an error message while using Windows Media Player. Unfortunately, specific info about the error isn't currently available. What does this mean and how do I fix it?...
  8. Recommended Windows 10 email client

in Browsers and Email
    Recommended Windows 10 email client: Hello, I'm looking for any recommendations for a mail client to run under Windows 10. I recently upgraded to a new PC with Windows 10 Pro which doesn't include an email client similar to "Windows Mail" or Outlook where I was able to create various folders to direct...
  9. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  10. windows 10 email client

in Browsers and Email
    windows 10 email client: Hi, I just got a new computer with windows 10 and set up the email client. I cannot find an option that makes the client actaully download email from the email server (verizon). Is there such an option in Windows 10? If not, is there another mail client available to use?...