Windows 10: WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage

Discus and support WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'd report the activity to Yahoo and let them deal with it. You could try the No Coin extension just to see if a miner has infiltrated Yahoo.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018.

1. WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage

I'd report the activity to Yahoo and let them deal with it.

You could try the No Coin extension just to see if a miner has infiltrated Yahoo.

You might also disable Flash on Yahoo.com and do not allow Javascript to run on Yahoo.com. (Within content settings of Chrome)

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
  2. klbj2007 Win User

I have a work laptop that is a basic Dell Laptop. It was recently upgraded from WIn7 to Win10. I use Chrome as my browser due to numerous reasons but specifically due to some software requirements we use.

It is very normal for me to have 15-20 tabs open at a time in Chrome and have no problems whatsoever. Since the upgrade, my memory usage has been very constant at 7-8 GB and required a RAM upgrade. My CPU is also very high at 80-100 % and this is very constant.

My CPU is an Intel i7-5600u @ 2.60 GHz so it is a fairly fast processor.

Does anyone know of a way to mitigate the high cpu utilization for Chrome in WIN10?

:)

klbj2007, Apr 7, 2018
  3. How should I disable/remove data usage counter of ethernet in Windows 10, datasense feature may be(?)?

When using some download apps Network Data Usage monitoring in Win 10 can cause system memory compression to use excessive CPU power/processing. If your system RAM is maxed then win 10 will use the compressed memory feature rather than closing the app. This
    causes the computer to lag and run slowly. Installing max memory for your system does not help.

I would also like to know how to disable this monitoring feature.

davidald(2), Apr 7, 2018
  4. RickHan Win User

WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage

Runtimebroker.exe high cpu

Worthless reply. You gave an answer for excess RAM usage. The question was about excessive CPU usage (which I also have).

RickHan, Apr 7, 2018
  5. Hi klbj2007. Welcome to the TenForums @klbj2007

Are you sure you don't have an unwanted visitor or a Miner. Of course web pages are going to be different but I just opened 16 tabs and used just over 1.5 GB and CPU usage was minimal. This caused 23 occurrences of Chrome to appear in the task manager, how many are you seeing?

How many extensions are also running?

Maybe disable them all and see what usage is. Then enable a couple at a time to see if one of them is mis-behaving.

Caledon Ken, Apr 7, 2018
  6. klbj2007 Win User
    Hey Ken,

Thanks for the response.

I have done some more checking and it seems as though I have an issue with Yahoo's home page.

If Yahoo is not open, everything seems to work fine. The minute I open Yahoo, my cpu goes up.

I do not have but 2 or 3 extensions with one of them an ad blocker. I have had these even with WIN7 so I would not think they would be an issue.

Any recommendations for software to check for maliscious items in a browser? My PC has our company software but have not experienced any adverse items with it.

klbj2007, Apr 7, 2018
  7. sml156 Win User
    You could also use the Chrome Task manger to find out what is using the most resources.

Open your Chrome browser.

Click on the Chrome menu button in the upper right corner of the browser window.
    When the drop-down menu appears, hover your mouse over the More tools option.
    When the submenu appears, click on the option labeled Task manager to open the task manager on the screen.

WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage [​IMG]

Other useful links for Chrome are:

Code: chrome://about/[/quote]

sml156, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage

1. WIN 10 and Chrome browser - Excessive memory and CPU usage - Similar Threads - Chrome browser Excessive

2. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  3. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  4. Brave browser high CPU and Memory usage [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Brave browser high CPU and Memory usage [Fixed]: [ATTACH]This article talks about the possible fixes that you can try if the Brave browser consumes high CPU and Memory on your system. When a particular program consumes high resources, it directly impacts the system’s performance. Due to this, users may experience frequent...
  5. High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by browser chrome or firefox on startup: Every time after booting up windows 10, Chrome would start running automatically in the background only, no window opened up. Task manager would show a CPU usage of about 70% for Google Chrome and the fans of laptop started running at full speed. I tried disabling Chrome in...
  6. Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage: I have a hard time running programs because its always lagging. Even if I run a single tab. Even if I run a single program. And even when it's idle on the desktop screen with no running programs. It always seems to use like near 50% of CPU then goes to 100%. I always kill...
  7. CPU and Memory usage

CPU and Memory usage: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for quite some while and it was fanrtastic, but my PC started to get slower and slower every day. I decided to check Task Manager and I saw that the CPU usage was at 100% and the Memory usage was at 80%. I did a quick clean to my components...
  8. Windows explorer excessive CPU usage

Windows explorer excessive CPU usage: My machine is WIN10, ran WPR on a clean boot, started recording right after cpu usage jumped. WPR log I appreciate any ideas anyone can offer....
  9. Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s): Hello all, I recently purchased new a Lenovo Flex 3 1130 (80LY), 2 in 1 laptop. I'm aware it's a entry level machine and it's purpose is primarily just for school. Definitly not going to run my server.....lol. Everything is as expected with the machine except the CPU...
  10. memory and cpu usage.

memory and cpu usage.: What is the normal Memory and Cpu Usage percentage for my laptop. my processor is Intel i7-4500 CPU @ 1.80GHz (4CPus), ~2.4Ghz and my RAM is 8.00GB 18275

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome update excessive ram and cpu use