Windows 10: Win 10 Anniv. Update (v. 1607) no Internet Connectivity

Discus and support Win 10 Anniv. Update (v. 1607) no Internet Connectivity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there - On 9/25 at 4:00 AM my system, already a Win 10 machine, applied updates bringing it to v 1607, build 14393.187. Since then I have had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by penTechCoach, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Win 10 Anniv. Update (v. 1607) no Internet Connectivity

Hi there -

On 9/25 at 4:00 AM my system, already a Win 10 machine, applied updates bringing it to v 1607, build 14393.187. Since then I have had no internet connectivity - either through wifi or with an Ethernet cable. I rolled back to v. 1511 build 10586.589 but still no connectivity.

In the Network & Sharing Center I see 2 networks - my Ethernet and my wifi, however the access type displays NO INTERNET ACCESS for each. I have rolled back to earlier drivers in the device manager - the device manager indicates that both network adapter is working properly (Realtek RTL8188CE for wifi and Qualcomm Atheros AR8162/8188/8168 PCI-E Fast Internet Controller).

I think the problem resulted in the fact that I had Zoho Assist software installed. I've uninstalled it with Iobit.

I've been trying everything out there.

I've uploaded the wlan report - it looks terrible as a txt file but I couldn't upload the html version. I'd be happy to email it to you.

Thanks so much - I'm not a network person and appreciate everyone's help. I was on the phone with MS for several hours yesterday and it got escalated to Tier 2 but I don't have a lot of confidence in the team out there.

Thanks again.

:)

penTechCoach, Sep 26, 2016

2. 2016 Windows 10 Anniv update Run time error atibtmon.exe

After 2016 Anniv Win 10 update I keep getting MS V C++ runtime error atibtmon.exe. Is there a patch for this, I really don't want to go through all of the laptops to manually fix.

T Engineer, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Win 10 update

I am looking after 7 laptops. I am in a country where internet connection is very expensive and very slow.

I want to update these laptops with Win 10 Pro (some has v.1607 some has v.1511) to the latest update.

What options do I have in order to do offline update?

Can I download a update file for all these laptops with different versions and different manufacturer?

Where can I download update file (or files)?

SimberiHong, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Win 10 Anniv. Update (v. 1607) no Internet Connectivity

Update - I have network connectivity back - I went into Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Wi-Fi Status -> Properties and unchecked every item and started checking them back beginning with Internet Protocol Version 4. The only unchecked item is MS Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol.

New problem - neither Firefox nor Tor will load. Both start a process in the Task Manager but the app never opens. I've uninstalled using iobit and reinstalled and tried running as admin. No luck. any thoughts?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

penTechCoach, Sep 27, 2016
  5. Waited a few days and updated to 1607 - this time there were no problems. The one remaining issue is Firefox. It takes about 10 minutes to start - even when I change its priority to high in the Task Mgr. There are always thread (1-3) waiting to finish network I/O.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

penTechCoach, Oct 3, 2016
  6. Try Chrome, which takes about a second or two to start on my 1607.

Matthew Wai, Oct 3, 2016
  7. Hi Matthew -

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have 2 monitors - I use Chrome on 1 and FF on the other - that way I can have each browser open on a different screen. The laptop is under the desk.

It's all very mysterious. I went back to FF v 48 - it works - sometimes it takes 5 minutes to open - it just appears as a background process for about 5 minutes and then jumps up to apps in the Task Manager. FF 49 definitely never opens! And there isn't much out there on it - this started with the Win 10 Anniversary Update (1607) - I was already WIn 10 1511 with no problems.

Thanks again.

penTechCoach, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Anniv. Update (v. 1607) no Internet Connectivity

1. Win 10 Anniv. Update (v. 1607) no Internet Connectivity - Similar Threads - Anniv Update 1607

2. Hyper-V Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Internet Connection: I have created a virtual Android machine with Hyper-V in Windows 10. I am however unable to establish any internet connection to the Android machine. Can I somehow create some virtual cable connection between the host and the Android VM as I did before with VirtualBox and how...
  3. Win 10 Update Restart Fails to Connect to Internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Update Restart Fails to Connect to Internet: Every time I select the "Restart now" option following a major update of Windows 10 the system fails to connect to the internet until I perform a secondary manual restart. There are no other actions required - no turning off/on modems, no diagnostics just manually perform a...
  4. Win 10 1607, is it needed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 1607, is it needed?: I'm using Win 10 on a PC, I mostly do video and photo editing and viewing, and the general internet browse. Is 1607 anything special, is it needed for future updates or is it more specific to touch screen users and the like? I'm new to 10, upgraded from 7, liked XP more as it...
  5. Cumulative Update for Win 10 V 1607 for x64-based Sys (KB3189866)

Cumulative Update for Win 10 V 1607 for x64-based Sys (KB3189866): Stuck at 95 percent, will it finish, been their for 6 and 1/2 hours... is their a way to download it manually? (pls is their a way to stop the download loop of 95 percent so I could download the update and manually do it, - well will try leaving machine one all night to see...
  6. Win 10 Anniv update stuck/system-update locks

Win 10 Anniv update stuck/system-update locks: Tried win 10 anniv update and after 10 hours! it sat on 99%. Finally shut it down. Now when I try to update from setting-update, that locks up & I have to use task manager to exit it. Heard a lot about problems with the anniv update, now I know. Also what do they mean when...
  7. Webcam video encoding types not available after Win 10 Anniv Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam video encoding types not available after Win 10 Anniv Update: I offer this in the hope that it will help get the issue some attention. Background I use webcams for video conferencing and streaming production. I have a large collection of webcams of all sorts, along with various software applications that allows explicit control...
  8. Win 10 update causes lost internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 update causes lost internet connection: I've had this problem before, this time on a HP All In One. A Win update caused the ethernet connection to be unusable. I finally got it back using system restore. I don't have any confidence that Windows won't just reinstall an unsuitable driver. Neither Windows or HP...
  9. Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update: Hello *Smile I just installed Windows 10 AU and now my loved Font is messed up. But only some letters. Anyone knows why and how to get all letters back? That Problem is system-wide. How to fix? Screenshot: Before: [img] After Win10 Update: [img] You can...
  10. Win 10 update on a slow,metered internet connection ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 update on a slow,metered internet connection ?: I have not seen this question on here so far. It sounds like the upgrade will be sent by MS at their will. How would a 2-3 gig download work on a slow,metered connection. I wonder if there will be some other way? I have to do large downloads between 2 and 7 AM. 6781