Windows 10: Win 10 Anniversary Update BSOD - Thread Exception Not Handled

Discus and support Win 10 Anniversary Update BSOD - Thread Exception Not Handled in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm attempting to update my laptop Windows 10 Version 14XX (not sure exactly of the current build iteration) to the 1607 anniversary update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bnicoletti, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Win 10 Anniversary Update BSOD - Thread Exception Not Handled

Hello,

I'm attempting to update my laptop Windows 10 Version 14XX (not sure exactly of the current build iteration) to the 1607 anniversary update. I made this attempt 2x yesterday both times resulted in the update failing getting the BSOD with Thread Exception Not Handled. I did a little online digging and thought it may be a driver issue and I have had the BSOD Video Scheduler Internal Error and thought this maybe tied into the the update failing. I used Win10 device manager and updated the integrated video Intel HD 530 and a new driver was found and installed. My laptop has both integrated and discrete and unless I am gaming or pushing a large hd external monitor I don't use the Nvidia GTX 980m. Updating was always with the integrated enabled and on not with the 980m. I went back and attempted to update Win 10 again and got the exact same error and Win10 reverted to the old version 14XX. I have uploaded the minidump logs. The file dated to 8/2 would be the one that is relevant the older ones are the BSOD from the Video Scheduler mentioned previously.

Any thoughts ideas or suggestions?

:)

bnicoletti, Aug 4, 2016

2. Anniversary update BSOD Error-System Thread Exception Not Handled (Nvlddmkm.sys)

Original Title : Windows 10 1607 BSOD

Hello everyone,

After installing Windows 10 Anniversary Update my computer started to get BSOD (System Thread Exception Not Handled) (Nvlddmkm.sys), ONLY, when installing updates from WU and when booting in safe mode.

Francesco Miracolo, Aug 4, 2016
  3. BSOD in Win 10 - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Thanks! It helps!

Vũ Hoàng, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Win 10 Anniversary Update BSOD - Thread Exception Not Handled

The dump indicates a problem with the onboard Intel video chip.
    Code: BugCheck 119, {1, babd, babe, ffffe00046bcd010} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys[/quote] The driver date is 3/23/2016, which is newer than any I can find at the Eurocom web site, where did you get it from?

Found some updated drivers on the Intel site, you could give them a try: Drivers & Software

Attachment 94408

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2016
  5. Hi Rich,

I can't say exactly where or what I downloaded on that March. I did go ahead and use your direction and link to update to the current non beta driver for the Intel HD 530. I will say I may have been short sighted when updating my laptop as I think it may have been crashing the install by not having the laptop plugged in to AC power. I went ahead to install the update after installing the newest driver and wasn't sitting in front of the screen the entire time but it did in fact fail again. No dump file was created and while I can't isolate it I went ahead and plugged in and watched the entire update download and install and when plugged in Windows did install the newest build. Thanks for your help I found it very valuable and I wanted to at least respond that I have been successful and all of my other machines so far 2 other laptops and 3 desktops have updated to the newest build smoothly.

bnicoletti, Aug 7, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    *Thumbs Glad all is well.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Anniversary Update BSOD - Thread Exception Not Handled

1. Win 10 Anniversary Update BSOD - Thread Exception Not Handled - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update BSOD

2. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  3. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED: Hello, I was on google chrome with many tabs and application open when my computer gave me a BSOD.I went and updated the graphics driver and the network drivers through device manager. It said I had the best installed one. I looked at the event logger to try and find the...
  4. BSOD - SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD system exception thread not handled

BSOD system exception thread not handled: HELP! Every time my laptop powers on it BSOD and shows the error code 'system exception thread not handled'. It will then auto-restart and work fine after this. Any ideas on how I can fix this initial boot issue would be great!...
  6. System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD

System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD: Recently I've been getting the BSOD with the message "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and stopcode: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. At first this happened maybe once a week, but it has gotten more and more frequent. Links to the dmp files:...
  7. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: My PC just had a BSOD. While following instructions from another post and running verifier my PC was stuck in a crash loop. Booted up after system restore kicked in, good thing I didn't skip the restore point step. I uploaded a .rar with 3 files: the MSinfo32, the older DMP...
  8. BSOD system thread exception not handled

BSOD system thread exception not handled: Hello :) I recently god this BSOD in an endless loop: STOP CODE: system thread exception not handled win ver: 2004 19041.572 I attach the V2 log as requested. Hopefully you can help me solve this issue. thank you so much! DESKTOP-HOLLOWC-(2020-12-11_20-19-28).zip 170250
  9. BSOD System thread exception not handled

BSOD System thread exception not handled: So, a few weeks ago I had a problem with daily blue screens. That problem got fixed since it was a driver that was the problem. Just now, I had another blue screen but this time it was a differant problem. I looked in the events but unfortantly I cannot see what the problem...
  10. Thread Exception Not Handled BSoD help

Thread Exception Not Handled BSoD help: I recently had a BSoD and was looking for some help about it, because I am quite technically unskilled, use my pc for games mostly. Any help would be appreciated. I have never posted here so unsure what is needed or how to upload....