Windows 10: Win 10 apps not opening

Discus and support Win 10 apps not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to open the xbox app or the store app it just blinks on the screen then nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Win 10 14372 54607 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by larry110672, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Win 10 apps not opening

When trying to open the xbox app or the store app it just blinks on the screen then nothing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Win 10 14372

:)

larry110672, Jun 27, 2016

2. win 10 start-up

How do I turn off an app from opening on start-up of Win 10How do I turn off an app from opening on start-up of Win 10

alAndersen, Jun 27, 2016
  3. Alt-Tab works different after Win-10 upgrade

After upgrading my Win-7 laptop to Win-10, Alt-Tab works different than before.

I use Alt-Tab a lot to swap between open applications. Before (and all previous Win versions), Alt-Tab once took me back to the previous open app - i.e. Excel & Word. Now, Alt-Tab once, just stays in the current open app. I have to hit Tab twice to go
    to the last open app. AND, if I have more that 2 open apps, it's not consistent as to which open app it will go to. I have to watch the pop-up carefully to see which app it's going to go to.

I have another, older, computer that had Vista, so the upgrade to Win-10 was not available. I installed a fresh, complete, Win-10 install and Alt-Tab works that same as in previous Win versions.

So, it seems something in my "upgrade" caused this unusual action.

Any ideas? This is very frustrating!

GeorgeNKing, Jun 27, 2016
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

Win 10 apps not opening

1. Right click on the task bar
    2. Open task manager
    3. Go to services
    4. Click on the name tab and scroll to where you see xblauthmanager, xblgamesave and xboxnetapisvc
    5. Try to start them
    5. If unable to start, right click on one of the entries and select go to services
    7. From there scroll till you find xboxliveauthmanager and similar services
    8. Right click and from the drop down menu select automatic
    9. Proceed to clicking start in the same window
    10. Apply, OK
    11. Do for each xbox entry
    Hope this solves your problems

Whatphoeb, Jun 27, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 apps not opening

1. Win 10 apps not opening - Similar Threads - apps opening

2. Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app: I can't open roblox on microsoft store. When I try to open it, it just closes about 5 to 20 seconds after I open it no matter what I do. The only way I can make it stay open is to restart my computer and then open it, but if i close it and open again, even 5 minutes after it...
  3. Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app: I can't open roblox on microsoft store. When I try to open it, it just closes about 5 to 20 seconds after I open it no matter what I do. The only way I can make it stay open is to restart my computer and then open it, but if i close it and open again, even 5 minutes after it...
  4. Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11: Last night April 21 2024 at 9:00 PM, I tried System Restore with my 4 month old HP Pavilion 15 laptop because I was dealing with issues on installing a program, and it took me an average of 30 minutes.After I did System Restore on startup, Windows gives me this popup screen...
  5. Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11

Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11: Last night April 21 2024 at 9:00 PM, I tried System Restore with my 4 month old HP Pavilion 15 laptop because I was dealing with issues on installing a program, and it took me an average of 30 minutes.After I did System Restore on startup, Windows gives me this popup screen...
  6. Roblox app won't open. 0xc0000409

Roblox app won't open. 0xc0000409: I'm having an issue with Roblox on Windows 10 Pro. I am using the latest windows version. When I try to open Roblox it wont open. Roblox Game Client shows up in Task Manager for ~3 sec and then disappears. Same problem have Roblox Studio. All other apps/games works very good....
  7. Roblox app won't open. 0xc0000409

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox app won't open. 0xc0000409: I'm having an issue with Roblox on Windows 10 Pro. I am using the latest windows version. When I try to open Roblox it wont open. Roblox Game Client shows up in Task Manager for ~3 sec and then disappears. Same problem have Roblox Studio. All other apps/games works very good....
  8. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  9. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  10. If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer?

If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer?: Just as the title suggests, my computer is only a few months old and one that I built at that. If something GPU intensive like Unreal Engine 5 or any of my Steam games crash, I am unable to launch any other apps, especially when I am forced to close them due to the " [ ].exe...