Windows 10: Win 10 apps randomly freezing & locking up start menu

Discus and support Win 10 apps randomly freezing & locking up start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Launching an app such as weather or easy gmail will sometimes bring up the app, freeze on opening and never open and then I can't use the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MightyWombat, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Win 10 apps randomly freezing & locking up start menu

Hi,
    Launching an app such as weather or easy gmail will sometimes bring up the app, freeze on opening and never open and then I can't use the start menu anymore. I have tried running sfc, no problems. I have tried using the powershell to reinstall all apps but it just happens again soon after. This last time I logged out of my account and then back in and it was fixed, but so far the freeze rate is at least 75% of the time and I used to use the weather app all the time and don't want to have to keep logging in and out as it is very disruptive to work flow.

Sometimes when I click on the magnifying glass it will pop up but I can't type to search for things.

This is on a fresh install on a new hybrid hard drive. All I've done is installed a few programs, apps that were already on there and if it matters anti-spyware beacon which I had on before without issue. Windows is fully updated, although yesterday it seemed like update had frozen when trying to download windows defender updates.

Thank you

:)

MightyWombat, Jul 17, 2016
  2. Little.star, Jul 17, 2016
  3. 6210 Navigator: Software problem? PLEASE HELP

This morning my phone started freezing up. The first couple of times it worked again when I switched it off and on again. Now it has gone all haywire. It only responds randomly whenever I try and open a menu. When I press menu (the main menu) it opens the
    messages. It does not want to open any of the options menus. It doesn't want to remove the key lock, I have to slide the phone open and close the whole time. When I try and open a message, the phone reboots. It opens applications randomly. It doesn't want
    to respond to instructions and freezes up the whole time.

ANY ADVICE?

hlombard---01, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 apps randomly freezing & locking up start menu

1. Win 10 apps randomly freezing & locking up start menu - Similar Threads - apps randomly freezing

2. Start Menu and Settings app freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Settings app freezing: This issue is random.Start Menu freezes when ever I search up something, but is random and is not frequent.Settings app freezes when ever I open it and is stuck on the gear icon for a minute or so, this is also random and not frequent....
  3. Start Menu and Settings app freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu and Settings app freezing: This issue is random.Start Menu freezes when ever I search up something, but is random and is not frequent.Settings app freezes when ever I open it and is stuck on the gear icon for a minute or so, this is also random and not frequent....
  4. win 10 randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 randomly freezing: I've had this problem like so many people. What I don't have is the pc randomly shutting down. I see this when I am typing and nothing appears. First I check the caps lock on and off. If frozen the caps lock lite will not change. If it freezes and the caps lock changes, got...
  5. win 10 randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 randomly freezing: I've had this problem like so many people. What I don't have is the pc randomly shutting down. I see this when I am typing and nothing appears. First I check the caps lock on and off. If frozen the caps lock lite will not change. If it freezes and the caps lock changes, got...
  6. Windows randomly freezing and locking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and locking up: Hi, Recently my windows has started to randomly freeze and lock up. My browser will no longer be able to access the internet or search anything, file explorer will stop responding and any active applications open will also stop responding. I am able to access the start menu...
  7. Windows 10 Randomly freezes on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly freezes on start up: So I've ran into a problem recently where windows 10 will randomly freeze on start up and I am unable for the life of me find the cause. It will happen shortly after my mobo hands everything off to windows which it gives the boot code A0 which should mean everything completed...
  8. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  9. Random Freezing/Lock-up

Random Freezing/Lock-up: Hello. First time post, but I've run out of options that aren't wiping my computer and fresh installing. A few days ago, I finally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I'm mostly glad I did, but since then, I've been experiencing random freezes in which both screen and...
  10. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

PC Randomly locks up and freezes: Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year... So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random crashes, well more of a freeze, I can still see everything on the screen but nothing will respond I have to power my system...