Windows 10: Win 10 April update

Discus and support Win 10 April update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Tablet. I had dis-able the tablet mode on this PC. After the update, tablet mode was turned back on and the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Easyt50, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Easyt50 Win User

Win 10 April update

HI, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Tablet. I had dis-able the tablet mode on this PC. After the update, tablet mode was turned back on and the mouse pointer was jumping all over the screen. I could not even type in a reason for wanting to restore the PC, because the jumping was so bad.

I tried to turn "tablet mode" back off, but was not able to. That had changed in this update too. So, I had to back out this latest update and now may not get future updates?

:)

Easyt50, Aug 18, 2018

2. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Aug 18, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Win 10 April update

Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 April update

1. Win 10 April update - Similar Threads - April update

2. Windows Update KB5036980 - April 23, 2024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update KB5036980 - April 23, 2024: Among other things, this brings Weather and more to the Lock screen with 4 cards; Weather, Finance, Sports and Traffic. April 23, 2024 - KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 PreviewCheers,Drew...
  3. Windows Update KB5036980 - April 23, 2024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update KB5036980 - April 23, 2024: Among other things, this brings Weather and more to the Lock screen with 4 cards; Weather, Finance, Sports and Traffic. April 23, 2024 - KB5036980 OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527 PreviewCheers,Drew...
  4. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  5. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  6. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892: Split from this thread. I was able to trace the exact error during the update process. I started the upgrade using the command line and the dism command. After about 20 minutes it reaches around 5.7 % progress, it stops and asks for a reboot. Upon reboot it starts the...
  8. Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892

Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892: Split from this thread. I was able to trace the exact error during the update process. I started the upgrade using the command line and the dism command. After about 20 minutes it reaches around 5.7 % progress, it stops and asks for a reboot. Upon reboot it starts the...
  9. Unable to install the April 2024 cumulative update KB5036892

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones: When we update new updates where the peripheral devices fails to connect hope so Microsoft will fix this soon and help the community not go wild...