Windows 10: Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden

Discus and support Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have had Win 10 for 2 yrs and had it set to not ask for my password upon boot up. No one uses the PC other than me. Today for the first time it asked... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TerriB, Jan 10, 2018.

1. TerriB Win User

Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden

I have had Win 10 for 2 yrs and had it set to not ask for my password upon boot up. No one uses the PC other than me. Today for the first time it asked me for my password so I had to use 'forgot password' and set one up to get in. I have checked and 'netplwiz' is set NOT to require a password and I have sign in options set to never not ask for signin/ password 'if I have been away'. I don't know what else to do. I restarted after checking all the sign on settings and and netplwiz and it asked for password again. I have googled and can't find anyone else having this problem.

AND Windows is acting crazy today in general. Screen resolution changes all by itself,, open app windows change size or close. All I usually have open is a browser and Outlook. I keep my pc 'clean' by the way and have never had any intrusions/trojans/viruses,etc...KNOCK on wood..

Any help would be appreciated

:)

TerriB, Jan 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 is all of a sudden asking for an Account and Password - I never set up a password on my laptop.

All of a sudden Windows 10 is asking for an Account and Password that I never set up on my Computer.

The only recent change I made was to open an Windows Live account so I could access SKIPE.

How do I get around this login page when I boot my Laptop?

DavidStrutt, Jan 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 is all of a sudden asking for an Account and Password - I never set up a password on my laptop.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that, if you had
    configured a Microsoft account with any of
    associated apps like Mail app or Windows Store, then the Microsoft account which you have configured with this app will act as a user account. If you wish to log in, I suggest you to log out from current user account and select the user account
    from the login Window from which you like to log in.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 10, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 10, 2018
  5. TerriB Win User
    BLESS YOU! I had not reset netplwiz with new password. I have never had to use netplwiz before so didn't know to do that. First time I looked at it earlier it didn't have the check mark to require password so I just clicked 'ok' and not 'apply'. After your message I hit 'apply' and put in the password. All is well now at boot up. Do you have a clue why all of a sudden it asked me for password at boot up? Very strange.

I did have everything set to never require sign on at wakeup,etc.

TerriB, Jan 10, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Anything that may have corrupted what netplwiz was using for your credentials could have done this.

Brink, Jan 10, 2018
  7. TerriB Win User
    *Party*Party

TerriB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden - Similar Threads - asking password sudden

2. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  3. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  4. windows 10 suddenly asking for password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 suddenly asking for password: title submitted by /u/jiviteshkadost [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f7mz/windows_10_suddenly_asking_for_password/
  5. Laptop suddenly asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop suddenly asking for password: My laptop suddenly is asking for a password as soon as I open it. I removed the password upon opening because I’m the only one using it. It’s possible it updated. I never use the outlook email that I had to create several years ago when I got the laptop. So I have tried to go...
  6. Win 10 not asking for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 not asking for password: How do I insert a password that must be entered before Win 10 can start. The machine currently open Windows without requesting a password. 151824
  7. All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup: I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter password and also on netplwiz. However it still asks for it. I've restarted the pc 3 times and it's asked every time....
  8. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password: Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder. I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for...
  10. Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Suddenly asking for Network Credentials: Hello everyone, I'm new to the group. I have an interesting network problem. I'll try to be brief. I have four computers running Windows 10, 7 and XP Pro networked that use a common workgroup. Everything was working fine for months until just recently the computer running...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 suddenly asking for password

2. win10 pc asking for password

3. win10 asking for password i havent set