Windows 10: Win 10 Asus Transformer, cannot Reset due to space

Discus and support Win 10 Asus Transformer, cannot Reset due to space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, restarting after trying to install a driver seems to have crippled my laptop. I get "Inaccessible Boot Device" before getting taken to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ReubenP, Aug 25, 2017.

1. ReubenP Win User

Win 10 Asus Transformer, cannot Reset due to space

Hi all, restarting after trying to install a driver seems to have crippled my laptop. I get "Inaccessible Boot Device" before getting taken to the repair screen, and then when I try to reset my PC to fix the issue I get "Additional free space is required on the drive where Windows is installed".
    It's only a small 32 GB hardrive, however I have reset it in the past without issues. I recall there being about 4gb free currently.
    I can't delete anything without being able able to log on. My data is all backed up.
    I fear some of my previous attempts to clear up hardrive space may also have harmed the system.

Had anyone else encoutered similar issues:?/ have advice on where I could look for a solution? Thanks!

:)

ReubenP, Aug 25, 2017
  2. Trisha_87 Win User

Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi! I have two computers with the same issue. My main computer is an Asus laptop, and Windows 10 is taking up 66.7 GB of 300 GB. My Asus transformer is an SSD, and Windows 10 is taking up 39.4 GB of 60 GB hard drive space. Windows 10 is only taking up
    21 GB on my boyfriend's computer (he built his own, so no brand). So why are my computers taking up so much space? With the programs I need for school, I am unable to update Windows due to space issues on the Asus Transformer.

Trisha_87, Aug 25, 2017
  3. 1711mack Win User
    win 10 install requirements

I have an ASUS transformer with win 8.1 but very limited space on my C drive (27.1gb available) Will the win 10 install clear out win 8.1 and free up storage on the C drive? so win 10 will not wipe out most all of my meager reserve space? Or should I just
    forgo the upgrade on the ASUS.

I do have capability of using external storage but do not know if that is realistic.

1711mack, Aug 25, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried it with a formatted USB thumb drive or SD card inserted?

NavyLCDR, Aug 25, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    It can also help if one has added a MicroSDXC memory card, my Tablets [8" Dell and 10" Trio] and Dell 11" 2-in-1 have the slot and I use a 64GB version, helps a lot. Might go for a 128GB version as prices come down.

Berton, Aug 25, 2017
  6. ReubenP Win User
    I have a clean 16 GB drive, any advice on how it needs to be formated so I can just plug it in and be used as storage:? I can't acess anything beyond the repair screen :/ thanks for your help!

ReubenP, Aug 26, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Hopefully it's already formatted as FAT32 or NTFS. I would just try doing the reset with the flash drive plugged in. You may need to boot the computer from a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive and do a clean install, if the reset cannot use a flash drive or SD card for extra storage. We know that an upgrade (such as from Anniversary build to Creator's Update build) can use an external card/drive for extra storage, but not sure about a system reset.

NavyLCDR, Aug 26, 2017
  8. ReubenP Win User

Thanks for the advice!
    I used command promt to delete 2-3 GB, however the problem persisted so must be something different. I'm also creating a Flash drive to install from, hopefully that will fix it.
    Hopefully once I've fixed my Asus I can get around to trying to fix my Dell inspiron, it can't find it's hardrive again despite this being the 3rd time the HD has been replaced -_-

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it!

ReubenP, Aug 27, 2017
  9. ReubenP Win User
    Thanks for all the help, I fixed the issue by booting from a Flash drive and looking around till I found a menu which let me format my hardrive, after that I could reinstall Windows and no issues *Smile
    Thanks once again!

ReubenP, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Asus Transformer, cannot Reset due to space - Similar Threads - Asus Transformer cannot

2. Asus Transformer Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Transformer Issues: On an Asus Transformer T100 running Windows 8.1, the touchscreen and sound both quit working. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-transformer-issues/43c4200e-b5c2-4ed0-9095-ba913651a8cb
  3. Asus Transformer Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Transformer Issues: On an Asus Transformer T100 running Windows 8.1, the touchscreen and sound both quit working. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-transformer-issues/43c4200e-b5c2-4ed0-9095-ba913651a8cb
  4. bootloop on my asus transformer book

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootloop on my asus transformer book: Hi, So when I start it, it keeps showing the asus logo and it keeps on doing that and would not turn all the way on. Do you guys have an idea what I can do to maybe fix it? Thank you!...
  5. Asus T100 Transformer Book lost Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus T100 Transformer Book lost Windows 10: I have a Asus T100 that originally came with windows 8.1. I got the free upgrade over the internet to windows 10. It recently died and I had to reset it to factory settings. It went back to windows 8.1. Is there any way I can get windows 10 back. I do not have a copy of...
  6. HELP!!! Asus Transformer usb OS win 10 install Failure

HELP!!! Asus Transformer usb OS win 10 install Failure: Sorry Couldn't edit original … Asus tablet 32gig, was going to install win 10 PRO 32 bit (FROM USB), instead of just win 10 (which it had on it). But previous attempt failed and now disk was full, So I had to erase previous versions to make space for next install. Now No...
  7. Asus Transformer usb OS win 10 install Failure

Asus Transformer usb OS win 10 install Failure: Asus tablet 32gig, was going to install win 10 PRO 32 bit (FROM USB), instead of just win 10 (which it had on it). But previous attempt failed and now disk was full, So I had to erase previous versions to make space for next install. Now No versions to fall back on. During...
  8. Windows 10 installation on Asus transformer

Windows 10 installation on Asus transformer: Hello,I have windows 10 on a USB key, I want to install windows 10 on an ASUS tranformer T200TA, but I can not do it, even by changing the settings in the bios. my question is how to get there if it's possible thank you in advance 132314
  9. Asus Transformer Tf201 and windows 10 upgrade issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Transformer Tf201 and windows 10 upgrade issues: Ever since I moved my asus to windows 10 last year,I keep having intermittent and changing issues an ongoing one for the last few months is not being able to use it on battery power as it doesn't seem to recognise that the battery is fully charged. The second started...
  10. Hard drive full 32Gb ASUS Transformer Book - cannot reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive full 32Gb ASUS Transformer Book - cannot reset: Hi I have an Asus Transformer Book Model T100 which has a 32Gb memory. The memory is too full to reset - it is reporting that Windows (Home) has a Size of 28.2 Gb. I know that there is a small recovery partition on the disk. I have downloaded the Refresh windows Tool but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 asus transformer