Windows 10: WIN 10 background apps not staying off

Discus and support WIN 10 background apps not staying off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I go to the Security>Background apps page and there is an on/off switch to "let apps run in background". I turn the switch to OFF. When I reboot, the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rtb31, Aug 4, 2018.

1. rtb31 Win User

WIN 10 background apps not staying off

I go to the Security>Background apps page and there is an on/off switch to "let apps run in background". I turn the switch to OFF. When I reboot, the switch is ON. How do I keep it off?

:)

rtb31, Aug 4, 2018

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Apps only run as background pocesses

Hi Carmine,

To manage background apps in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Privacy on the Settings window.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Background apps.
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an
      On/Off toggle.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Aug 4, 2018
  4. WIN 10 background apps not staying off

Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

WIN 10 background apps not staying off

1. WIN 10 background apps not staying off - Similar Threads - background apps staying

2. turn off programs or apps running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off programs or apps running in background: turn off programs or apps running in background - is this possible on Win 7 Pro? My SD hard drive or fan is running all the time. My computer gets warm. Can I turn off apps or prpgrams running in the background to save energy and the fan from running so much?...
  3. turn off programs or apps running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off programs or apps running in background: turn off programs or apps running in background - is this possible on Win 7 Pro? My SD hard drive or fan is running all the time. My computer gets warm. Can I turn off apps or prpgrams running in the background to save energy and the fan from running so much?...
  4. Turn off background recording for specific apps + Remove background recording notification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off background recording for specific apps + Remove background recording notification: So I use the Xbox Game Bar and background recording pretty frequently while playing games but yesterday I turned it on for Google Chrome and now whenever I put any video fullscreen, the image will stutter. Is there a way to turn off background recordings for a specific app?...
  5. Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox app will not stay off of Taskbar: I remove the Xbox app off of the Taskbar, yet every time I restart my computer, it shows back up. It’s an incredible nuisance. I don’t want to delete it. I just don’t need it cluttering my taskbar....
  6. Dark background in win 10

Dark background in win 10: Hello everyone, I have a little problem with dark mode in win 10 system. Whenever i open app such as File explorer, Excel or Microsoft Paint, those programs will run as dark mode display like this photo. [ATTACH]I think it's not totally about dark mode. I've tried many...
  7. The background apps... on/off - best practice?

The background apps... on/off - best practice?: Hello everybody, how do you handle the setting with the background apps? Do you basically turn everything off, only have on a few like photos, calculator... or do you leave everything on, since if I understand it correctly, it is similar to e.g. Android where the apps are...
  8. WIN 10 will not stay in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 will not stay in sleep mode: OS: WIN 10 Home. Version: 1903 The last week or two when I click sleep, pc will go to sleep then wake up right away or about a minute later. Will not stay in sleep mode....
  9. How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off Background apps in windows 10 (1803) for good?: Hi guys, I am using windows 10 (64 bit & 1803 version). The problem is that, i try to turn off Background apps then the next day or after i restart my pc, it automatically turns on again! Any solution for this? Thanks, Long 110243
  10. Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Background Apps in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose which apps can receive info, send notifications, and stay up-to-date, even when you're not using them. Turning background apps off can...