Windows 10: Win 10 Backup

Discus and support Win 10 Backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7) on my Windows 10 System on my Lenovo Laptop, I received the error message. Backup encountered a problem while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RalphDailey, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Win 10 Backup

Using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7) on my Windows 10 System on my Lenovo Laptop, I received the error message.

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser0\Contacts. ErrorWin 10 Backup :(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))
    Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser0\Searches. ErrorWin 10 Backup :(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))
    Windows Backup skipped E:\ because it is on drive E:\, which is not a supported drive type.

I searched for these files (folders?) and did not find them. Do I need to add the folders to my system? Do they need to have files in the folders?

:)

RalphDailey, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Bokenzhe Win User

Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

Question

• Win 10 Backup [​IMG]

Applies to

5 views Backup Issue - Microsoft 10 - Cannot perform initial backup

My backup stubbornly refuses to run. I can't run the initial backup, therefore the file history backups don't run either. This has been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Suggestions I've received have not worked so far. Following is the problem
    and the failed resolution attempts:

• I get this message from the Event Log:

Unable to scan user libraries for changes and perform backup of modified files for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID - 201

Level: Error

User - System

*** ---- There is no config file at this directory location. The contents of the location are:

catalog1

catalog2

config1

config2

• In another thread from July, someone suggested checking a particular service (I forget the name just now) is running. It is.

• Two days ago a Microsoft employee suggested the following steps. These steps resulted in no change, still no backup:

KA

Karthicka_R replied on

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to start and stop the services “Windows backup” and “volume shadow copy” and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R” and in the run command box type “services. MSc”.
    • Search for the service “Windows Backup” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not, click on “OK” button. I suggest you to stop and start the service again.
    • Once done again search for the service “Volume shadow copy” double click on it and check whether the service is started or not. I suggest you to stop and start the service again, click on “OK” button and
      check whether you can perform backup successfully.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

• I performed these steps multiple times. The backup still crashes, with the same error message. In addition I collected the following error message, but only one time:

Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\Papa\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\Config

Event ID: 200

• Can anyone help me with this stubborn problem?

Thank you in advance.

Bokenzhe, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Win 10 Backup

when a big update in win 10 or win 10 pro comes, ... i will have choice to backup PC after apply update...?

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Do you want to back up the previous Operating system?

Yes you have the choice to take back up your operating system any time after update in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to check how to take a backup.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control panel.
    • Change the category to Large Icons and Select back up my PC.
    • Select set the backup drive.
    • Follow the on screen steps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Backup

1. Win 10 Backup - Similar Threads - Backup

2. how to backup windows 11 to icloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to backup windows 11 to icloud: how do do i backup my windows 11 to my icloud account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-backup-windows-11-to-icloud/9f296a81-3d96-447a-8bbb-1ad0b15ef3f8
  3. how to backup windows 11 to icloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to backup windows 11 to icloud: how do do i backup my windows 11 to my icloud account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-backup-windows-11-to-icloud/9f296a81-3d96-447a-8bbb-1ad0b15ef3f8
  4. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  5. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  6. Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....: So, I created a symbolic link a while back to force itunes to backup data from an iPhone to a secondary internal hard drive. I understand this is a Windows forum, but perhaps somebody can help.I initially was able to save the backups through windows 10 to the secondary hard...
  7. Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....

Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....: So, I created a symbolic link a while back to force itunes to backup data from an iPhone to a secondary internal hard drive. I understand this is a Windows forum, but perhaps somebody can help.I initially was able to save the backups through windows 10 to the secondary hard...
  8. Symbolic link question for itunes backup. Symbolic link seems to have been overwritten....

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows Backup option doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup option doesn't open: Hi. I’m trying to open Windows Backup but everytime I click on it, the Settings window closes. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-option-doesnt-open/4576da0d-6b1a-4bf3-9dd0-31796861b18f
  10. Windows Backup option doesn't open

Windows Backup option doesn't open: Hi. I’m trying to open Windows Backup but everytime I click on it, the Settings window closes. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-option-doesnt-open/4576da0d-6b1a-4bf3-9dd0-31796861b18f