Windows 10: Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup

Discus and support Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know to click on 'more info' so I can tell it to install software I have purchased. Is this part of the user controls, and how do I get the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimjoe, Mar 14, 2016.

1. jimjoe Win User

Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup

I know to click on 'more info' so I can tell it to install software I have purchased. Is this part of the user controls, and how do I get the computer to stop doing this ? The 'Don't Run' window isn't showing up for all software being blocked.

Thanks !

:)

jimjoe, Mar 14, 2016
  2. bigpygme1 Win User

How can I Unblock Installation of a Program ?

Trying to install a program update in Win 10, the error message is "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator."

I am the only administrator. There is only one admin account and I'm signed in on it. I get this message even when i right-click the program .exe and try to Run As Administrator. Properties of the program: i have Full Permission as Admin.

I don't know what's blocking this. I have Bitdefender so Windows Firewall is Off. I've also turned BD Firewall of while i try to run this program. No joy. I've looked at GPEdit (I have Win 10 Pro) but don't see any settings that i can change to help
    me.

This is a program update for an installed program. The program and the update both installed w/o trouble on Win 7. I've tried to install with Compatibility set for Win 7 but am still blocked.

It looks like there's some of this happening, but I found no good answers for it generally, and certainly none that worked for me.

Any help ? Ideas ... what i might have overlooked ? I'm fairly techie, and this is a pain.

Michael K

bigpygme1, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Windows Defender is blocking installation of programs

When I tried to install the set up app for ASUS a popup appear stating that program had virus and setup failed. I tried to install with CD and with memory stick. Same result. Tried to install another program from install cd. Same result. Appears that
    on Friday (8/5/2016) something happened and I am not getting blocked from installing anything. This is a Win 10 professional machine.

GaryRichey, Mar 14, 2016
  4. jimjoe Win User

Found it while using the show all tasks download from here for the control panel. Mommy software is not acceptible on my computer... Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup :)

jimjoe, Mar 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 blocking install of programs, 'Don't Run' popup - Similar Threads - blocking install programs

2. block McAffee popups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    block McAffee popups?: Block McAffee pop ups on pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-mcaffee-popups/38390196-ea70-4b24-afb8-215dce6d25ae
  3. block McAffee popups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    block McAffee popups?: Block McAffee pop ups on pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-mcaffee-popups/38390196-ea70-4b24-afb8-215dce6d25ae
  4. Malware blocked and unable to run a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware blocked and unable to run a program: HI all, hopefully someone can offer advice on this.Ever since my security software, Bullguard, notified me that it had blocked an infected object named "64barsvc.exe, my system will not allow me to run a poker software program. Can anyone offer advice on how to fix...
  5. unable to run programs in Win 10

unable to run programs in Win 10: I need to use an older ver. of AbacusLaw in Win10. I use AbacusLaw in my law practice. They went to this expensive SAS where what I prev. pd ~ 600.00 for 2-3 years, is now $450.00 a MONTH! I want out. However, this is going to take some time. In the meanwhile, I need...
  6. Trying to install a program in Win 10, the error message is "An administrator has blocked...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install a program in Win 10, the error message is "An administrator has blocked...: This is on my home computer, I believe I am the administrator, not sure what settings I need to change to allow me to install the program I need....
  7. Win 10 Popup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Popup: How do I stop "Manage Optional Features" popping up every time I start after a Windows 10 reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-popup/0fb00882-4093-47ab-b9b0-53458ed5fe1a
  8. running incompatable programs on Win 10

running incompatable programs on Win 10: I am currently running Win7x64 pro on my desktop computers. I am toying with the idea of migrating to Win10. Problem is that I have several 'legacy' programs that I cannot & do not want to, abandon--WordPerfect X4 CorelDraw X4 and Ventura 10. they all work fine on Win7 ( a...
  9. block popups in windows 10

block popups in windows 10: How do I block popups in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-popups-in-windows-10/f0321819-bcb4-4c64-9389-606ff213dd4c
  10. Windows 10 blocks program from running

Windows 10 blocks program from running: Hello all, I just upgraded my 62 bit PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately, Windows 10 now blocks todoUS backup "for my protection". It says "not trusted" and "incompatible". I've tried everything to override this, including importing the certificate, changing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer blocks install programs popup

2. win 10 blocking install programs