Windows 10: Win 10 boot disk error after upgrading from Win7 to Win10

Discus and support Win 10 boot disk error after upgrading from Win7 to Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had WIN 7 on my desktop computer did the upgrade to WIN10 free. Everything was working fine then one day I turned on the computer and received a boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by potsie1975, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Win 10 boot disk error after upgrading from Win7 to Win10

I had WIN 7 on my desktop computer did the upgrade to WIN10 free. Everything was working fine then one day I turned on the computer and received a boot disk error. I went into BIOS and tried booting from there and it worked the first time. A couple weeks later we had a storm and I think my computer was on during it. I tried powering on the CPU the next day and it gave me the boot disk error again. I went into the BIOS and tried booting from there and it didn't work came back to the boot disk error. I tried all options in the BIOS to boot CPU from and nothing works. I went online to see if there was a boot disk for WIN10. On Microsoft's web site they had a medicreationtool you can download a copy of WIN10. I tried doing this and downloaded it more then once since the first time wouldn't open the download. I finally have it saved to a flash drive and nothing else is on the flash drive. I tried to reboot from the flash drive and receive the bootdisk error on one option and the UEFI flash drive gives me a DISK I/O error. I have a friend that will be coming down around the 31st who built it for me to look at it. I wanted to see if someone here could help me get my computer back up and running. Thank you very much.

Very RespectfullyAndy

:)

potsie1975, Jul 13, 2016

2. how to repair the windows 7 MBR on a dual boot install with windows 10

I had win& and win 10 installed successfully on my PC. Then I needed to resize the Win7 partition to make space. After that Windows7 is still listed in the boot menu but if selected it goes straight to an error and the repair screen. I tried system repair
    but that didnt work. How do I repair the Win7 boot record without losing my Win10? I have the official Win7 disk but no recovery disk.

Any help much appreciated.

MartinLinden, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Carey56 Win User
    Recent update/bluesceen

Win 10 update ..

now PC does not boot cannot log in or recover admin password to reset the PC. This was an upgrade from win7 no recovery disk for win10 USB failed. I do have win 7 disk but am reading this is not an option. How can I get back in to reset the PC?

Carey56, Jul 13, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Win 10 boot disk error after upgrading from Win7 to Win10

First question. What exactly is on the flash drive? Is it just the ISO file itself (one file), or is it the extracted contents of the ISO file (a Windows setup folder structure, with a setup.exe file in the root folder)?

Second, is the flash drive formatted as FAT32?

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2016
  5. I went to Microsoft's web site and downloaded the MediaCreationTool. I am not sure what format the flash drive is formatted to. Do I have to download the ISO file only or both. Thank you for the reply.

Respectfully Andrew Meyers

potsie1975, Jul 13, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    What did you do with the Media Creation Tool? Did you let it create the USB flash drive? Or did you save the ISO file and copy the ISO file over? If you let the Media Creation Tool create the flash drive, then it should be good to go. If so, have you tried booting a different computer from that flash drive to see if it boots on another computer?

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 boot disk error after upgrading from Win7 to Win10

1. Win 10 boot disk error after upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - Similar Threads - boot disk error

2. Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot: Hi all, my desktop that was running windows 7 recently died due to CPU overheating so I upgraded the mobo, cpu and ram. I put together new parts and it posts fine but says no boot drive detected and so won’t load windows 7. Is there any way I can trick it into launching...
  3. Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot: Hi all, my desktop that was running windows 7 recently died due to CPU overheating so I upgraded the mobo, cpu and ram. I put together new parts and it posts fine but says no boot drive detected and so won’t load windows 7. Is there any way I can trick it into launching...
  4. Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - on a dual-boot laptop

Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - on a dual-boot laptop: This is probably an unfair question to ask in this forum. But given the depth of expertise, someone might have advice to offer! I have recently done successful clean installs and activations of Win 10 with the help of Shawn Brink's tutorials and advice from other forum...
  6. Class not registered errors after upgrading to Win10 from Win7

in Windows 10 Support
    Class not registered errors after upgrading to Win10 from Win7: Hello, I have a weird issue with accessing to standard Windows features after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When I try to access features like "Additional date, time & regional settings" or "Change adapter options" I am getting "Class not registered" error pop-ups,...
  7. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  8. Errors when upgrading from Win7 to Win10

Errors when upgrading from Win7 to Win10: Hello, I'm trying to upgrade my Win7 OS to Win10. I have launched the MediaCreationTool1903. I end up with an error REPLICATE_OC in the phase SAFE_OS. 0x8007001F - 0x20006. I have noticed the CBS.log file contained some errors like: Error CBS Failed...
  9. Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade

Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade: Just wondering if this can be done or would I be opening a can of worms. I recently did the Win7 to Win10 upgrade. All is fine. The Win7 was OEM and I have the 4 OEM disks that came with the PC. Is it possible now to reinstall Win7 on a new partition on my C drive, using...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716