Windows 10: Win 10 Boot doesn't quite get to login prompt - Please help

Discus and support Win 10 Boot doesn't quite get to login prompt - Please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I'm desperately trying and continually failing to get through to the final bit of booting up one of my Windows 10 Pro installations, but while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thenin, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Thenin Win User

Win 10 Boot doesn't quite get to login prompt - Please help

Hello! I'm desperately trying and continually failing to get through to the final bit of booting up one of my Windows 10 Pro installations, but while there are no error messages at all, and everything looks fine, it simply will not show the login prompt!

The details of what I've tried can be found in my recent thread here: How can I force Windows 10 Startup Repair to fix a non-default OS?

(I closed that thread and marked it "solved" because I was finally able to perform a boot repair on the system in question, but it definitely did NOT solve the main problem of not seeing the login prompt).

I need some more help, kind persons!

:)

Thenin, Jun 29, 2018

2. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas. I tried exactly as you said but it made absolutely no difference.

I still can`t download, still doesn`t remember login details although it still asks me if I want the details remembered.

Do you or anybody else have any ideas to help. It`s too late now for me to go back to Win 8.1 so I`m stuck with an os that doesn`t work properly.

Thank you.

Graham Laughlan, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

• Windows logo on a black screen
    • circling dots appear beneath the logo
    • light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    • a command prompt window (very briefly)
    • the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. Win 10 Boot doesn't quite get to login prompt - Please help - Similar Threads - Boot doesn't quite

2. SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!: Hi,I installed Windows 11 on my pc a few months later, and the boot time was really good, it almost booted up in 20/10 secs.But now it almost takes 10 mins to boot. The performance is the same, it is not affected, But the Boot time is affected.Any fix?#Microsoft...
  3. SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SLOW BOOT WIN 11 - PLEASE HELP!: Hi,I installed Windows 11 on my pc a few months later, and the boot time was really good, it almost booted up in 20/10 secs.But now it almost takes 10 mins to boot. The performance is the same, it is not affected, But the Boot time is affected.Any fix?#Microsoft...
  4. Unable to get login prompt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to get login prompt: My screen is blurry and I am unable to get a login prompt. Using CTL/ALT/DEL does work. Also tried using the shift power button. I was trying to reboot the pc in safe mode when this happened and every restart results with no changes. Thanks, Jim [ATTACH]...
  5. Win 10 booting into command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 booting into command prompt: There's a thread about this from almost two years ago - windows boots into black screen with command prompt - but I tried adding the suggested code and still am booting into the command prompt. I type explorer.exe and all is well till the next boot. I have attached a...
  6. Not quite booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not quite booting: Hi I moved my (switched on) laptop to another room today. When I arrived at the other end, the screen was blank (no problem so far, sometimse I squeeze the power button by mistake and put it into 'hibernate'.) Tried to turn it back on but the power button had...
  7. Can't get the login prompt on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get the login prompt on windows 10?: Hello everyone! I got a my router, ASUS router RT-N66U, with a shared harddrive that I use as media server. Under my desktop pc I can see the harddrive and LOGIN to it and watch what's inside, but I can't do that on my laptop? I can see the drive on my laptop but when I...
  8. Quite slow please help..booting takes time too.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Quite slow please help..booting takes time too.: I have a i5 laptop but the laptop is too slow it even takes a long time to boot...please help as soon as possible.*Smile 64096
  9. Can't get a login prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get a login prompt: On my other computer I misunderstood some troubleshooting instructions and selected "diagnostic startup" in msconfig. When I rebooted I found that I could no longer get the prompt to enter my PIN or password, meaning that I can no longer log in. All I see is my name and,...
  10. Please help i can't boot to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help i can't boot to win 10: Hey i've just updated my asus a555ln laptop from win 8.1 to win 10... Everything went nice with drivers automatically installed but the display drivers is lost. So i've installed the intel hd drivers and it does nothing so i installed nvidia drivers and it just fine. But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows boots fine but login prompt doesnt come up for several minutes