Win 10 Boot doesn't quite get to login prompt - Please help

Discus and support Win 10 Boot doesn't quite get to login prompt - Please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I'm desperately trying and continually failing to get through to the final bit of booting up one of my Windows 10 Pro installations, but while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thenin, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Thenin Win User

Hello! I'm desperately trying and continually failing to get through to the final bit of booting up one of my Windows 10 Pro installations, but while there are no error messages at all, and everything looks fine, it simply will not show the login prompt!

The details of what I've tried can be found in my recent thread here: How can I force Windows 10 Startup Repair to fix a non-default OS?

(I closed that thread and marked it "solved" because I was finally able to perform a boot repair on the system in question, but it definitely did NOT solve the main problem of not seeing the login prompt).

I need some more help, kind persons!

:)

Thenin, Jun 29, 2018
  2. geirrykhus Win User

CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Jun 29, 2018
  3. Graham Laughlan Win User
    Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas. I tried exactly as you said but it made absolutely no difference.

I still can`t download, still doesn`t remember login details although it still asks me if I want the details remembered.

Do you or anybody else have any ideas to help. It`s too late now for me to go back to Win 8.1 so I`m stuck with an os that doesn`t work properly.

Thank you.

Graham Laughlan, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

• Windows logo on a black screen
    • circling dots appear beneath the logo
    • light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    • a command prompt window (very briefly)
    • the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. Win 10 Boot doesn't quite get to login prompt - Please help - Similar Threads - Win Boot doesn't

2. Win Pre-Environment (boot) CHKDSK -- can it be aborted safely?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win Pre-Environment (boot) CHKDSK -- can it be aborted safely?: Back story is that I'd run into a problem when trying to clone my aging HDD to my new SSD. Apparently there were some bad sectors in an initially non-critical area so Windows didn't trip over it (I could run Windows 10 with no problems). But for some reason, the cloning...
  3. Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Thinkcentre M90p - New WIN 10 installation doesnt boot: I own a - Ive only added a NVIDA quadro 4000 and 16gigs of ram to the stock product. Initially, I was wondering why it was over heating so i removed the CPU Heatsink Fan to check what the issue was, and cleared the dust. However when i did this, the bracket behind the mother...
  4. Latest Win 10 update corrupted my Win 10 system files - PC now will n ot boot up to full...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Win 10 update corrupted my Win 10 system files - PC now will n ot boot up to full...: Hello The latest Win 10 update corrupted my Win 10 system files - My PC now will not boot up to full use of Win 10. Anyone have experience with this and knows some ways to get Windows 10 clean install and recover or reset? Thanks Carl...
  5. New Win 10 installation takes FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES TO BOOT!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Win 10 installation takes FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES TO BOOT!: I've recently started a couple of other threads due to an absurd level of Windows 10 design and implementation screw-ups, but there was nothing that could be done. So I bit the horrifically evil and murderous bullet and re-installed the latest version of 64-bit Windows 10 Pro...
  6. BIOS update failed now doesn't recognize hardware or boot Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS update failed now doesn't recognize hardware or boot Win 10: Having lots of issues with a new Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming motherboard. After swapping out the old board I had trouble booting to Windows 10-64bit. I did manage to update my Windows license by calling MS but have other issues. My new CPU is a AMD Ryzen 7 1700. The BIOS was...
  7. Win 10 Bios Boot Config doesn't show DVD as boot option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Bios Boot Config doesn't show DVD as boot option: Windows 10 32 bit ASUS MB ASUS DVD. Unable to select DVD as 1st boot or any other option. DVD doesn't appear as an option when configuring. DVD is functioning with an assigned drive letter. Only Removable, CD, HD, and disabled are options. How would I get DVD to appear in...
  8. Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it: I have win 10 10242 preview on a computer that has Vista on it. I installed win 10 to the second drive so Vista is on one drive and Win 10 is on the other. The dual boot works fine as menu comes up where I select which OS I want to boot from. Vista can see the drive that win...
  9. Win 10 x64 doesn't boot as fast as win 8.1 x86

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 x64 doesn't boot as fast as win 8.1 x86: I have a dual boot setup with the above-mentioned OS versions. I upgraded win 8.1 x64 through the versions to win 10 build 10240. Boot time from the OS selection screen is much longer on win 10 before the logon screen appears. Win 8 seems only a couple of seconds for the...
  10. 0xc000000e Win 10 Won't/Doesn't Boot (EFI BCD winload.exe winload.efi)

in Windows 10 Support
    0xc000000e Win 10 Won't/Doesn't Boot (EFI BCD winload.exe winload.efi): Well that was frustrating. I'm trying to make the title of this post something easy to find via a search engine and this forum's design truncates the title line. There is lots of advice out there on how to fix Error Code 0xc000000e. But none of it worked for me. And I...