Windows 10: Win 10 - BSOD - Attempted switch from DPC -- No obvious reason / app r

Discus and support Win 10 - BSOD - Attempted switch from DPC -- No obvious reason / app r in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello -- My Win10 desktop started BSODing with Attempted switch from DPC mode with increasing frequency (seems like) for unobvious reasons. Wanting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tsnider1520, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Win 10 - BSOD - Attempted switch from DPC -- No obvious reason / app r

Hello -- My Win10 desktop started BSODing with Attempted switch from DPC mode with increasing frequency (seems like) for unobvious reasons. Wanting some help in identifying the possible issue(s). I've attached the zip file from the collector utility.
    Thanks for the help.
    Tim

:)

tsnider1520, Dec 29, 2016

2. Windows 10 BSOD after installing Anniversary Update.

BSOD shortly after boot-up for "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" or "ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC". No other hardware or software changes other than the update to Win 10 Anniversary Edition.

BSOD Crash Info

testengineer64, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Taiha99 Win User
    BSOD - DMP File Driver_Verified_Detected_Violation

122516-11218-01.dmp

This is the DMP File and got a BSOD because of Attempted Switch from DPC Error.

Taiha99, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Win 10 - BSOD - Attempted switch from DPC -- No obvious reason / app r

The zip file you uploaded is empty. Please run DM_Log_collector again and upload the zip file. Check it first, make sure it has data.

Ztruker, Dec 30, 2016
  5. Well duh. - my bad - didn't think to check.
    The most recent BSOD was kmode excp not handled usbh*ci.sys
    I didn't catch what the * was -- either x or e.

tsnider1520, Dec 31, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    First thing I see is there is a BIOS update available. You have version 2.0.3, version 2.1.3 is available here: Support for XPS 8900 | Dell US

I see a lot of entries like the following in the eventlog.txt:
    Code: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_Generic-&Prod_xD-Picture&Rev_1.02#058F63626479&30#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.[/quote] What usb devices do you have plugged in? I suggest removing all except mouse and keyboard.

The 12/30 10:11 dump (and quite a dew of the others) shows a problem with snapman.sys.
    Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000046, fffff801830cd688, ffffb28c8c764400, fffff80a88b72fde} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+1cf09 )[/quote] This belongs to Acronis Snapshots Manager which is old, dated 7/13/2007. Uninstall it and see if that helps.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 - BSOD - Attempted switch from DPC -- No obvious reason / app r

1. Win 10 - BSOD - Attempted switch from DPC -- No obvious reason / app r - Similar Threads - BSOD Attempted switch

2. BSOD "Attempted Switch From DPC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "Attempted Switch From DPC": Hello,Today I've experienced a bluescreen while using my computer. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "Attempted Switch From DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to remedy the problem. According to...
  3. BSOD "Attempted Switch From DPC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD "Attempted Switch From DPC": Hello,Today I've experienced a bluescreen while using my computer. I was informed by my system that the BSOD was a result of "Attempted Switch From DPC", and I've been looking up guides and people with similar problems on here in an attempt to remedy the problem. According to...
  4. Attempted Switch from DPC BlueScreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempted Switch from DPC BlueScreen: I was browsing online when suddenly my PC ran into a BSOD with the error message, "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC". My windows and all my drivers are up to date. Here's the minidump file. Thanks:https://mega.nz/file/4VJWhZCI#ipkwVlhTQxl9eh-snJ-OOxWFN9S6jFMpUUME5N3JL3c...
  5. Attempted Switch from DPC BlueScreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attempted Switch from DPC BlueScreen: I was browsing online when suddenly my PC ran into a BSOD with the error message, "ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC". My windows and all my drivers are up to date. Here's the minidump file. Thanks:https://mega.nz/file/4VJWhZCI#ipkwVlhTQxl9eh-snJ-OOxWFN9S6jFMpUUME5N3JL3c...
  6. Attempted switch from DPC - BSOD

Attempted switch from DPC - BSOD: Hey guys, Could someone help me analyze the potential source of this? It happened to me first time today when I booted up from sleep mode. When I debugged through WinDBG it said: "Cannot read PEB32 from WOW64 TEB32 0091f000 - Win32 error 0n30" 183316
  7. ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD error: I keep getting the ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC ERROR when trying to install windows update KB4549951 and KB4550945. This is the MEMORY.DMP file that I have pasted below. I'm looking for the solution to this problem 0: kd> !analyze...
  8. ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD

ATTEMPTED SWITCH FROM DPC BSOD: Hi folks, This is a desktop with a MSI motherboard with an i9 9900 running Windows 10 Pro 64. After much fussing around, I thought I had found the source of my problem, and blamed bad ram. After switching it out, the machine ran for days. This morning, a BSOD with the...
  9. Attempted switch from DPC BSOD

Attempted switch from DPC BSOD: Random BSOD many times every day, I have copied the 3 Minidump files present in C: Windows, where do I send them for you to resolve my issue please...
  10. Attempt to switch from DPC

Attempt to switch from DPC: My computer is getting crashed and getting blue screen. I am getting the following error message 'Attempt to switch to DPC' Attached log files. Kindly help me in resolving this issue. 67043