Windows 10: Win 10 Build 10049 - Problems with Ethernet properties

Discus and support Win 10 Build 10049 - Problems with Ethernet properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Just wondering if any has the following issue: Cannot modify properties in Ethernet settings. Please see pic. I have re-started, disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jk2rd, Mar 31, 2015.

1. jk2rd Win User

Win 10 Build 10049 - Problems with Ethernet properties

Hello,

Just wondering if any has the following issue: Cannot modify properties in Ethernet settings. Please see pic.

I have re-started, disabled / enabled in Device Manager, also un-installed and allowed Windows to re-install.

Thanks.
    Win 10 Build 10049 - Problems with Ethernet properties [​IMG]

:)

jk2rd, Mar 31, 2015
  2. AllwaySon Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 RTF from Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview Build 10049

I'm stuck at Build 10049. Attempting to reinstall Win 8.1 blocked by "invalid" prod key. ISOs of subsequent builds fail. Various File check id's a problem but fixing problem fails for various reasons. Safe mode startup nada. Despair deepens while exploring
    Linux alternatives. Getting bad case of Windows Willies. Is Windows 10 RTF forever out of reach?

AllwaySon, Mar 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 TPV Builds 10240-10049 Crashes Microsoft Money

Windows 10 TPV Builds 10240-10049 Crashes Microsoft Money

DonsiMyLive, Mar 31, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Yes, there are already a number of reports on this in the feedback app. I suggest you Me Too them.

Mystere, Mar 31, 2015
  5. Mystere I am not sure what you want. after 6 hours with the update I have no ethernet connection.
    are there any fixes or work arounds?
    L:arry

shipinomore10, Apr 1, 2015
  6. Saltgrass Win User
    According to someone on TechNet, the situation is intentional in order to change where the configuration information is maintained.

The suggestion is, if you need to change the settings, you use netsh or Powershell. The issue should go away on or before the RTM.

Saltgrass, Apr 2, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    This is the answer by Jeffrey Tippet here: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...ew2014Feedback

Ztruker, Apr 3, 2015
  8. f14tomcat Win User

One of the most common reasons for modifying LAN settings is the need/desire to use DNS other than default from ISP for Ipv4. If you want to change your DNS, for now do it through your router settings. The lan will still use 192.168.1.1 (most common) to point to router, but router will use what you set DNS primary/secondary.

f14tomcat, Apr 7, 2015
  9. Saltgrass Win User
    I might change my Network settings if the network is being recognized a Unknown. On occasion, using a known good IP address helps the network see that network adapter.

But I was wondering if the work Microsoft seems to be doing on the Networking might be related to the option to Download updates from another PC on your own system, or one on the internet...? I would think anyone with a computer being used as a seed would have to be notified prior to such an action.

Saltgrass, Apr 8, 2015
  10. Wynona Win User
    You can't give feedback if you can't stick to the Internet. *Sad I'm saving it up for when I finally make it!

I do have a workaround that partially works (for awhile).

Click on the icon for your router/Internet/network in the System Tray. Then click on your Wi-Fi (router)>click Disconnect, wait a few seconds and then click on Connect. Be sure that Auto-Connect is selected, although I don't think it works. There are too many folks who have complained that it doesn't Auto-Connect for them.

And, this is the main reason I will not let Windows 10 replace my Windows 8.1.

Wynona, Apr 9, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    Well, they're dang well not helping those of us who have the connection problems, are they!? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr *Mad which is not at you Saltgrass, but at Microsoft!

Wynona, Apr 9, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    Which is totally lost on me! I do not do networking well at all; I have been lucky to get the router secured with a name and password and let everything else default. *Sad

So, I am pretty much stuck with a non-working Internet.

Wynona, Apr 9, 2015
  13. smyr Win User

Hello

New here so this is my first post! Sorry for not perfect English but its good enough I hope.. *Cool

I got the same kind of problems on my technical preview build 10049 (enterprise version) but its even worse for me... see the attached pictures.... *Mad *Mad

DHCP seems to be working ok sometimes but especially one nic that goes through a switch has big issues. Tried several different switches, same thing. If I connect the cable directly to the router it works right away... why?! Whats the problem with a switch? Drives me crazy. If I set a static IP it will work but really Microsoft.... !? I mean a "bug" is a "bug" but this?! The switch is a TP-Link TL-SG2216 Smart Switch but I tried others as well... obviously it wasn't smart enough to figure out this bug... *Wink

Now the most serious bug... I can not install any clients and services! I get an error... see picture. I tried unchecking ip 6 but same..

I read somewhere that it might be a local problem and language issues... well I live in Sweden so of course I want a Swedish keyboard setup etc but the language is English. Thats fine but can the language screw up my whole network settings.. ? Dont think so. I will try to do a hard reset and run a repair and pray to God and Allah that the settings (protocols at least so I can share files) are back. Any fixes for this?! Registry? Windows update? This is a really serious issue and a patch or fix should be rushed out ASAP.

Any help here would sure be nice... this is the first real bug that I have noticed so far, everything else working flawless.

My system is a Intel® NUC DC53427HYE by the way and has all the latest driver bundle for march (windows 8.1) installed.

Thanks,
    Marc

14. Wynona Win User
    Shot in the dark . . . go into Device Manager and see if anything Bluetooth isn't working properly. Update drivers through Device manager and see if that will help.

Wynona, Apr 12, 2015
  15. Zain Win User
    Hello people. The issue i've been having is that no connections are showing up on network and connections. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Thema:

1. Win 10 Build 10049 - Problems with Ethernet properties - Similar Threads - Build 10049 Problems

2. Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue. This seems the same behaviour as previously reported here...
  3. Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue. This seems the same behaviour as previously reported here...
  4. Network Properties on Win 10 build 19044 - Network Properties...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...

Network Properties on Win 10 build 1909 - Network Properties...: It isn't causing a networking problem just a visual issue - users are upset at the change though. Has anyone seen this? Our networking properties on several computers randomly started showing things like for IPV4 : @%systemroot%/system32/drivers/tcpip.sys, -10100 . Only...
  6. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  7. Unable to Activate Build 10049

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Activate Build 10049: Several Days ago I updated my 10041 build to 10049. When I went to This Pc I was told it was not activated. I tried to activate on line but was asked for the product key. That I don't have nor can I find one on the web for my 64bit version. Do I really need to activate?...
  8. Win 10 Build 10049 - Problems with Homegroup and Sharing

Win 10 Build 10049 - Problems with Homegroup and Sharing: Ok.... So I've read the posts on here - and still can't make it work!!*Mad Homegroup: Could see the Homegroup set up from the win 7 desktop from the win 10 laptop, but when I put the password in, it eventually told me there was no homegroup available! So, left that...
  9. Build 10049 didn't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10049 didn't install: Hi there. I am dualbooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 TP on a laptop. I downloaded 10049 overnight with Windows Update. When I got back to the laptop this morning, it had a brief error message saying, "Cannot install 10049 on a virtual drive". That's where Build 9926 is...
  10. Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation: I have build 10041 in different stages on three SSDs. Have had no problems installing updates including new builds in the past. Build 10049 downloads (100%), but installation always aborts - even on one SSD which has an absolutely pristine 10041 - installed with no problems...